Fixture 2023 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Legit laughed hard at the - I got it. Got a Friday night game... in Tasmania.. then 20 Sunday games.
An offical club social media actually posting that is even more funny. Even they know the feeling

It was so funny. I lived the ‘tinkering’ and ‘how so’ references with the old internet connecting noise in the background. Our social media team are good.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Spot on. That run home is ridiculously hard, yikes
Seems to be the case of freos 2022 draw and even our 2021 draw....

The 1st 3rd of the draw is good and expect to start well.

The 2nd 3rd if the draw is ok.

The last 3rd of the draw is bad or brutal.

Hoping to get 13 or 14 wins again

Seemingly leaked fixture with wrong times?

we get the dogs on a friday and them twice for the lobb factor lol
I called that a month ago.

I knew the moment Rory lobb was traded to the dogs, the AFL was gonna force Freo to have the dogs twice for Lobb to beat us twice lol

Jesus. Sydney twice is rare as. Really, the team doesn’t need to replicate this year away. Has to win all their home games bar one or two and win away 3-4 times.
West coast do this to perfection
Well in 2022, the dockers got 15 wins, 1 draw and 6 defeats.

Dockers notched up 8 wins at Home. The 4 losses at home were against saints, swans, demons and Magpies. 1 team didn't make finals the other 3 got top 4.

Freo notched up 7 wins and a draw away from home. The away losses were Carlton and gold coast and the draw was against Richmond. So 2 sides that didn't make finals and a side that got 7th.

Its a brutal draw. I hope Freo somehow get finals with 13 wins.

That means 8-10 home wins and 3-5 away wins

Looks like the bye rounds are spread out over four rounds not three this year, interesting
We play at Geelong, Giants Stadium and Norwood but not Tassie, NT, Metricon or Ballarat so pretty reasonaable on that front. Two MCG games.
Two? Two? I can't even count that far at the MCG!

Well in 2022, the dockers got 15 wins, 1 draw and 6 defeats.

Dockers notched up 8 wins at Home. The 4 losses at home were against saints, swans, demons and Magpies. 1 team didn't make finals the other 3 got top 4.

Freo notched up 7 wins and a draw away from home. The away losses were Carlton and gold coast and the draw was against Richmond. So 2 sides that didn't make finals and a side that got 7th.

Its a brutal draw. I hope Freo somehow get finals with 13 wins.

That means 8-10 home wins and 3-5 away wins
Why not 18 wins? By round 6 we’ll be on top of the ladder and all our double ups will be complaining that they have to play us twice.

WC & Hawks are guaranteed bottom 4 & the others are 2022 finalists so can only get worse.

FIXTURE ANALYSIS
ROUND123456789101112131415161718192021222324
FREO10181714128613312BYE71615894316171113
WCE18165211197121315414BYE31067918155814

A BIT OF AMATEUR MATHS AND AMATEUR PRESENTATION.:'( I THINK THE APOSTROPHE'S' BELOW ARE IN THE RIGHT POSITION.:cool:

The table above shows fixtures in terms of opponents' 2021 H&A ladder position.

Hypothetically, if you played the top team 23 times your draw would score 23 x 1 = 23.

Hypothetically, if you played the bottom team 23 times your draw would score 23 x 18 = 414.

An average draw would mean playing the team finishing '9.5' 23 times = 218.5.

Freo's total opponent strength is the sum of Round 1-24 = 214.

WCE's total opponent strength is the sum of Round 1-24 = 222.

In terms of the 2021 ladder, in 2022 Freo on average plays teams finishing 4.3 positions lower than us.

In terms of the 2021 ladder, in 2022 WCE on average plays teams finishing 7.3 positions above them.

Freo summary: we have a very good draw, only marginally harder than the average, very generous considering we finished 5th.

I mean we can all sit here and complain that our fixture "isn't fair" but let's be real, what's that going to do? AFL aren't going to come here and go "Golly gee guys those Freo fans don't like their fixture, better make em happy!!"

We're good enough to beat the teams we doubled up with, I'd rather us test ourselves against them than say get North twice, will show how far our team has come.

We were never going to get an easy draw. It is middle of the road. On the double ups, we have three that I feel we should account for and 3 tough ones (Brisbane, Geelong, Sydney).

Other double teams: Hawks, West Coast, WB

WB for example we seem to match up well against. Lobb improves their team given who he has replaced. Jones is a good defender but missed a year of footy. They haven’t replaced Dunkley or Hunter. Sam Darcy is going to be a jet but needs time.

WB list changes
Schache/Martin > Lobb
Cordy > Jones
Hunter > ??
Dunkley > ??

Freo
Lobb > Jackson
Tucker > Wagner
Meek > Reidy
Mundy > JOM
Logue > Corbett
Acres > ??

As for the tough ones we get to play each of them at home. I really like what Brisbane and Geelong have done over the trade/draft period. They are very likely top 4.

Sydney bit more of an unknown in the top 6 but seem to have our measure and we suck at the SCG.

The positives:
  • no game against GC at Metricon
  • no game at Tassie
  • two games in a row in SA (can get a hub thing going)
  • 3 games at MCG
  • lots of Sat night games
  • No double up of Carlton
Finishing top 6 we were always going to get another 2-3 top 6 teams twice. Teams outside the top 6 that to me will be pushing up are Richmond and Carlton. The top 6 won’t be the same as 2022.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

apparently, according to the AFL our fixture has been ranked equal hardest with Geelong. Hollywood Magpies is 8th hardest, even Sydney is 3rd hardest....last year's losing Grand Finalists.

Anyway, in other news....I cut my nails

Pies play Geelong, Carlton, Brisbane, Essendon, Adelaide and Port twice. 14 games at their home ground. 17 in their home city.
I reckon that’s a pretty tough draw. Geelong, Carlton, Brisbane and port should all be tough sides next year. and I’d rather our soft double ups of hawks and eagles than Essendon and Adelaide.

I'm OK now. Reckon that having Carlton only once (at Optus) will end up being good. We are better than the Dogs. Three at the 'G' and lots of Saturday football is great for the profile of the club.
This was a huge bonus only playing Carlton once.

They will be much better in 2023

FIXTURE ANALYSIS
ROUND123456789101112131415161718192021222324
FREO10181714128613312BYE71615894316171113
WCE18165211197121315414BYE31067918155814

A BIT OF AMATEUR MATHS AND AMATEUR PRESENTATION.:'( I THINK THE APOSTROPHE'S' BELOW ARE IN THE RIGHT POSITION.:cool:

The table above shows fixtures in terms of opponents' 2021 H&A ladder position.

Hypothetically, if you played the top team 23 times your draw would score 23 x 1 = 23.

Hypothetically, if you played the bottom team 23 times your draw would score 23 x 18 = 414.

An average draw would mean playing the team finishing '9.5' 23 times = 218.5.

Freo's total opponent strength is the sum of Round 1-24 = 214.

WCE's total opponent strength is the sum of Round 1-24 = 222.

In terms of the 2021 ladder, in 2022 Freo on average plays teams finishing 4.3 positions lower than us.

In terms of the 2021 ladder, in 2022 WCE on average plays teams finishing 7.3 positions above them.

Freo summary: we have a very good draw, only marginally harder than the average, very generous considering we finished 5th.
Nice work

Remove this Banner Ad

Back