mattis117

Premium Platinum
Aug 20, 2010
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Manchester City
This fixturing variable highlights how ****ed the AFL is. They are desperate for certain clubs to rise up the ladder. Carlton and Essendon are two. They will ALWAYS get an easier set of fixtures than their previous years finishing position deserves.
Having 6 extra games for the AFL to hand select the permutations that suit their favourites is well and truly an example of how incapable the AFL is of being truly fair to all 18 clubs.
Essendon are worthy of a soft draw though, and these rankings are flawed since teams don't play themselves. This the bottom team is unlikely to have the easiest draw

mattis117

Premium Platinum
Aug 20, 2010
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Manchester City
I'm expecting us to be a stronger side next year (because of natural development of our young list, Fyfe's return and the footballers we have brought in being better and more committed than the ones who left), so unless the competition standard increases we're not sliding. As you allude to, fixture assessments are based on outdated data (the previous year's results). It only takes 3-4 sides to significantly under or over perform (usually the case) for pre-season forecasts based on fixture difficulty to fly out the window.
Plus a another year of experience for JL

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
My biggest 'fear' this season was that Lobb would leave after a career-best season and we'd be lacking in the forwardline, especially with Tabs perennial injuries. It's still a concern for me, but I guess other personnel have to step up to the plate. We won't know...until we know!!
Similar for me. But I think this coming season was more likely to be another step in our development rather than a genuine tilt at the flag. If that is correct the club has positioned the list well for the future after Lobb.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
2023 AFL FIXTURE.jpg

a very interesting fixture to look at...

I really don't think it will happen but **** me it will be funny if Carlton miss finals again.

They could have a 2-2 start that becomes a 3-11 run up into the bye if the 2022 finals sides they play are competitive and the non finalists they play away bring something in front of their home fans. The pressure would mount earlier.

ozzie69

All Australian
Jun 28, 2013
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Brutal playing Sydney then the Cats back to back early, then the Cats then Sydney back to back late. Both have been pretty physical teams against us
As we mature as a team with a few less junior team members, we should eventually be able to give as good as we get with regards to being physical. We won't always be the youngest team going around (unless players keep leaving). Playing against these teams should teach us what is required.

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
As we mature as a team with a few less junior team members, we should eventually be able to give as good as we get with regards to being physical. We won't always be the youngest team going around (unless players keep leaving). Playing against these teams should teach us what is required.
Don't reckon too many 18yo will be getting games this year. Ras the most likely mid to come in and he's a already decent size.

How far in advance are tickets released?

I live in Melbourne and will finally get to see my boys in Perth for the very first time in my life. I booked a little Perth trip for our Saturday night game against Hawthorn and I'm keen to book good tickets asap.

Usually 2 weeks before the game.

Aug 16, 2009
UK
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dragons FFC, Old Easts
How far in advance are tickets released?

I live in Melbourne and will finally get to see my boys in Perth for the very first time in my life. I booked a little Perth trip for our Saturday night game against Hawthorn and I'm keen to book good tickets asap.
I’m also coming to that one!

Back