Position 2023 Forwards

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s like footy tipping.
If you are serious, you can’t tip your side just out of love.
They need to be a chance of winning.
TT is s**t to watch, but if he averages 100+ it doesn’t matter.
You say SC be damned, but you can’t let your heart get in the way!

Who am I kidding, I have a never again list longer than the Bass Strait!!

Am an idiot or a big cool for going with Ziebell?

Don’t want Tanner and not sold on Fyfe. Have Errol at F4

Am an idiot or a big cool for going with Ziebell?

Absolute dearth🤣 of answers to this question, so I'll wade in...

Forced to choose, I'd have to go with Big Cool Idiot Coming...;)

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Absolute dearth🤣 of answers to this question, so I'll wade in...

Forced to choose, I'd have to go with Big Cool Idiot Coming...;)

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

*chol not cool. Dam auto correct

But seems I’m still an idiot who’s legit considering starting Ziebell

*chol not cool. Dam auto correct

But seems I’m still an idiot who’s legit considering starting Ziebell

LOL, bloody auto-correct! :D

In all seriousness, already a few SC 'group thought' bubbles burst in game one and there's no doubt many more to come, if you're bullish about any player out of fashion with the mob, why not back your instinct?

McLean out has forced a bit of a restructure so I don't have to field a Phillipou type, so after fading him all preseason long, Gulden has crept into my side.

There's so much upside to the pick, and really, the floor is fine due to his ownership. Even if he only averages 90, which should be a cinch with natural progression, he can just be a luxury upgrade at the byes (we'll possibly have Petracca and Gawn etc by that point).

With GC and Hawthorn in his first two weeks, I've come around to thinking it's more of a risk not to pick him.

McLean out has forced a bit of a restructure so I don't have to field a Phillipou type, so after fading him all preseason long, Gulden has crept into my side.

There's so much upside to the pick, and really, the floor is fine due to his ownership. Even if he only averages 90, which should be a cinch with natural progression, he can just be a luxury upgrade at the byes (we'll possibly have Petracca and Gawn etc by that point).

With GC and Hawthorn in his first two weeks, I've come around to thinking it's more of a risk not to pick him.
Similar, Yeo has inadvertently become Gulden for me.

It’s like footy tipping.
If you are serious, you can’t tip your side just out of love.
They need to be a chance of winning.
TT is s**t to watch, but if he averages 100+ it doesn’t matter.
You say SC be damned, but you can’t let your heart get in the way!

Who am I kidding, I have a never again list longer than the Bass Strait!!

I picked him because I know at the end of the day for all Champion Data talks up “influence” they do love a mid picking up the ball in a contested situation and grubbing a kick 40 meters. I hate it. I hate the way the commentators lauded Taranto last night because of 1 stats column. But I have him and I’ll take the 100s. I just won’t enjoy it as much.

Thoughts on Fyfe or Bruhn ?
Thoughts on Guldon...... Id prefer upgrade later.... after the PS hype game and the Maginess tag

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel that was the hardest game he's prob ever played imo.

But how many inside mids do sides have.
Cats danger,guth. Atkins, Holmes will run though here.

I feel tanner gone past parfittt.

But tanner won't get a role as a forward in front of close.stegs even mires.

Bowes back this week who's prob a lot better winger than tanner.
Might steal he's mid chips as well.

Just prob the verb of the week .

I like tanner intent on the ball trys hard .
Will be interested on how he goes from here on .

Fyfe should be dropped (but won't). Another game like that and Longmuir can't play him.

Shocked people had Fyfe anyway. But he could turn it around...?

Fyfe's one of those ones that I wouldn't even bother getting another look at. He's absolutely cooked and in a terrible role – if you have the funds, I'd just turn him into JHF, or with DPP, a Worpel/Callaghan/Setterfield type without a second thought.

Fyfe's one of those ones that I wouldn't even bother getting another look at. He's absolutely cooked and in a terrible role – if you have the funds, I'd just turn him into JHF, or with DPP, a Worpel/Callaghan/Setterfield type without a second thought.
Gee Fyfe looked slow ....I've already pulled the trigger .....what's your thoughts on JHF versus Cunnington ?

Cunnington suffered from Xerri's injury and Greenwood doing the ruckwork .....it was noticeable Clarko didn't have Greenwood & Cunnington on-ball at the same time .....originally they were interchanging MID-FWD

Gee Fyfe looked slow ....I've already pulled the trigger .....what's your thoughts on JHF versus Cunnington ?

Cunnington suffered from Xerri's injury and Greenwood doing the ruckwork .....it was noticeable Clarko didn't have Greenwood & Cunnington on-ball at the same time .....originally they were interchanging MID-FWD
Preseason I would've said Cunnington, but geez, JHF looked electric against a pretty strong midfield. Personally, I think I'd lean JHF now – saves yourself $65k, less likely to get rested/injured and play different roles, and the ceiling looks to be quite a bit higher.

Also, if neither end up quite at keeper level, >350k is much more justifiable. I think if you brought Cunnington in now, it'd need to be as a keeper, and I don't think he's going to be up to that this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back