Position 2023 Forwards

Remove this Banner Ad

I wound't say super impressive.

TO me he was just OK but not OK at the price.

The issue was the Stewart injury

If Stewart didnt go down he honestly looked like he would get 80+. Moved to the wing which he is simply not suited for

The TOG is the issue for me, I'm just not sure if him being on the bench when Howe did his arm effects this stat? Thus increasing other players TOG if they were on the ground at the time

Does anyone actually know?

The issue was the Stewart injury

If Stewart didnt go down he honestly looked like he would get 80+. Moved to the wing which he is simply not suited for

The TOG is the issue for me, I'm just not sure if him being on the bench when Howe did his arm effects this stat? Thus increasing other players TOG if they were on the ground at the time

Does anyone actually know?
If Stewart didnt go down Bruhn wouldve been subbed out for Parfitt at 3QT, but you are correct he would have had a bunch more TOG & CBAs in the 3rd rather than sitting on the bench for 22 mins with 1 CBA so Parfitt could get some time in there.

He looks really good in stoppage situations, problem is you can't pay 300K+ for someone who has struggled with his tank, can only score as an inside mid and will continue to be a sub / subbed off risk.

If Stewart didnt go down Bruhn wouldve been subbed out for Parfitt at 3QT, but you are correct he would have had a bunch more TOG & CBAs in the 3rd rather than sitting on the bench for 22 mins with 1 CBA so Parfitt could get some time in there.

He looks really good in stoppage situations, problem is you can't pay 300K+ for someone who has struggled with his tank, can only score as an inside mid and will continue to be a sub / subbed off risk.
All very valid points, plus Bowes in this week may harm him

I'm probably going to go Sheezel one week early which i normally dont do for rookies but dont see any other options (don't trust JHF)

Parfitt's the one being dropped, not Bruhn.

Bowes will spend a little time in mids but probably more on the wing or half back given absentees like Duncan and Stewart.

Wouldn't surprise me if Bruhn actually has more time at stoppages this week. Doesn't mean he's necessarily value at the price tag but don't be surprised if he's 80+.

Bowes will spend a little time in mids but probably more on the wing or half back given absentees like Duncan and Stewart.

Wouldn't surprise me if Bruhn actually has more time at stoppages this week. Doesn't mean he's necessarily value at the price tag but don't be surprised if he's 80+.
What do you make of Whyte being sub? Possible late change?

IMO 80 isn't good enough for a 300k player, you want someone 90+ to get you to the byes

Sheezel may only score 65 this week but currently has a better role, price and JS

I picked him hoping he would be 80% TOG with most of this being an inside mid

What do you make of Whyte being sub? Possible late change?
I think he still is going to debut as sub rather than being in the starting 22. He should be around half back so I'd anticipate Bowes could play half back early then primarily midfield/wing in the second half (or they do the same with Tuohy). Potentially concerning for Bruhn owners is perhaps he could be a candidate to be subbed out. But I think Bruhn struggled last week once Parfitt came on early (and Parfitt can only play one role) and Bruhn either got shunted out to the wing or was sat on the pine. So I think his game time quality will be higher, but that may come at the expense of an early departure.

IMO 80 isn't good enough for a 300k player, you want someone 90+ to get you to the byes

Sheezel may only score 65 this week but currently has a better role, price and JS

I picked him hoping he would be 80% TOG with most of this being an inside mid
Yeah I'm giving Bruhn one more week but then will potentially look to a Sheezel or JHF. Given role and JS he'd probably need to be around 230-250k for good value upon reflection.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Traded Bruhn to Cogs this week

Me too…

giphy.gif

A step ahead of the pack ....that's how you climb the rankings 👍

Yeah that's what I've found the last couple of years do it early don't wait to trade players your not happy with. Ashcroft is in my sights this week if he dosen't perform tonight he is gone.

Not much being said of Ziebell? Are we scared? He has shown previously he is a SC premo in defence. I remember last time everyone started him, he was 270k in the same position and went up to 600k. I really do not want to miss out on that.

Not much being said of Ziebell? Are we scared? He has shown previously he is a SC premo in defence. I remember last time everyone started him, he was 270k in the same position and went up to 600k. I really do not want to miss out on that.
Not much being said? Really? A heap are bringing him in.

Yep, great pick-up. I can only get one of Setters and Zieb, so I've chosen Setters (lower BE; higher ceiling).

I might have the chance to pick him up next week at ~$410k if Bowes isn't the pick.

I stuffed up this year trying to be more aggressive and brought in JHF after round 1. He still has a great role with high CBA's, he did give away 6 frees and port got pumped.

What to do with him now? ziebell looks an easy way to 500k + and could be a keeper but another sideways trade is not what I need

I stuffed up this year trying to be more aggressive and brought in JHF after round 1. He still has a great role with high CBA's, he did give away 6 frees and port got pumped.

What to do with him now? ziebell looks an easy way to 500k + and could be a keeper but another sideways trade is not what I need

You can't keep trading players after a bad game. Hold.

Isaac Heeney going to be dirt cheap soon. Can he turn his scoring around? Sydney thrashed teams in round 1 and 2 and he scored average. Sydney were thrashed by Dees in round 3 and he scores a 38.

Would be extremely risky and he's on my never again list but can only get better from here right?

Keep him. He played ok just the frees against were the issue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back