Position 2023 Forwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Isaac Heeney going to be dirt cheap soon. Can he turn his scoring around? Sydney thrashed teams in round 1 and 2 and he scored average. Sydney were thrashed by Dees in round 3 and he scores a 38.

Would be extremely risky and he's on my never again list but can only get better from here right?
Heeney.gif

Isaac Heeney going to be dirt cheap soon. Can he turn his scoring around? Sydney thrashed teams in round 1 and 2 and he scored average. Sydney were thrashed by Dees in round 3 and he scores a 38.

Would be extremely risky and he's on my never again list but can only get better from here right?

Never seen him so fumbly and going to ground so easy. Can’t be fit. Doesn’t have the ability to get that step ahead at the moment.

Needs a couple of weeks off I reckon then he could be back. Or after the bye.

f2e72c57-c86c-4543-81a4-2dd616000458-jpeg.1651275

Anyone brave enough to jump on Kozzie this week?
I might have to take the punt.
Need to unload Fyfe.
Yeah, I still have him!

Edit-I have somewhat of an excuse, I was off the grid on a fishing trip before teams were named last week.

Last edited:
So after thinking about this all week, I think I'm going Worpel to Rachele

Any Adelaide supporters out there please talk me out of it?

My reasoning:

• Passed the eye test on multiple occasions this year
  • Good CBA numbers which are increasing
  • Knows how to kick a snag
  • Efficient

Cons
  • 2nd year player
  • Could be played as a forward pocket for a game
  • could Keays and Sloane eventually be thrown back to mainly mid

So after thinking about this all week, I think I'm going Worpel to Rachele

Any Adelaide supporters out there please talk me out of it?

My reasoning:

• Passed the eye test on multiple occasions this year
  • Good CBA numbers which are increasing
  • Knows how to kick a snag
  • Efficient

Cons
  • 2nd year player
  • Could be played as a forward pocket for a game
  • could Keays and Sloane eventually be thrown back to mainly mid
You're swapping a stepping stone for another stepping stone. Seems like a wasted trade tbh. You will need to upgrade Rachele at some point when he has a stinker or two.

You're swapping a stepping stone for another stepping stone. Seems like a wasted trade tbh. You will need to upgrade Rachele at some point when he has a stinker or two.

Not really though, Rachele could be a forward keeper while scoring up and down.

If you get him now you take him risking that he will be a keeper - won’t just trade him when he has a stinker.

93 av as a forward while playing mid v Worpel who will not be a mid keeper

Not really though, Rachele could be a forward keeper while scoring up and down.

If you get him now you take him risking that he will be a keeper - won’t just trade him when he has a stinker.

93 av as a forward while playing mid v Worpel who will not be a mid keeper

Rachele won't be a FWD keeper IMO.
You'll either end up trading him, or falling behind others with better FWD lines.

He should make another $100k from here though, if his role and form continues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rachele won't be a FWD keeper IMO.
You'll either end up trading him, or falling behind others with better FWD lines.

He should make another $100k from here though, if his role and form continues.

I agree personally but for those trading him in, that’s what they’d be expecting/hoping. I don’t think anyone is trading him in for a 60-90k cash gen

Potentially the most value area of our teams.

Most have a combo of Dunkley, Taranto, Rozee, Gulden, with Sheezel being a keeper & Ziebell potentially too. Gulden, Sheezel & Ziebell have all been great value.

But there’s still 1-2 spots for most sides to fill up.

Jez Cameron having a golden run but could be too expensive for what people expect from a KF?

Baker & Moore looking strong for 97+ averages. Curnow & Dixon most likely don’t average 100 for the year. Pickett had an average debut for a lot of sides but could also still be a keep the faith pick.

Value:
Butters should hang around the 480k mark which is a 40k discount from starting price, and looks to be getting solid midfield time
Cogs tracking to be sub 490k and should bounce back
Heeney had a shocking start to the year but likely bottomed out at 100k below starting price with an 85 & 144

What are people aiming to finish with?

I’m thinking Ziebell stays as expect him to go 100+, and target J.Cameron down the track. Heeney in this week to try get him at a bargain as a risk/reward move (risk: he is a 70 av player now - reward: he ends up averaging 100 for the next 18 rounds)

Most have a combo of Dunkley, Taranto, Rozee, Gulden, with Sheezel being a keeper & Ziebell potentially too. Gulden, Sheezel & Ziebell have all been great value.

Jez Cameron having a golden run but could be too expensive for what people expect from a KF?

Baker & Moore looking strong for 97+ averages. Curnow & Dixon most likely don’t average 100 for the year. Pickett had an average debut for a lot of sides but could also still be a keep the faith pick.

Value:
Butters should hang around the 480k mark which is a 40k discount from starting price, and looks to be getting solid midfield time
Heeney had a shocking start to the year but likely bottomed out at 100k below starting price with an 85 & 144

I’m thinking Ziebell stays as expect him to go 100+, and target J.Cameron down the track. Heeney in this week to try get him at a bargain as a risk/reward move (risk: he is a 70 av player now - reward: he ends up averaging 100 for the next 18 rounds)
On Cameron's side is that he's averaging 19.5 possessions and pushing right up the ground to get involved. Uses it well. Score involvements high even when he's not kicking bags of goals. I reckon he's a nice POD and I regret not getting him at the start of the season as was originally planned. I'm still tempted by him.

I currently have a very cookie cutter albeit solid scoring forward line of Dunkley, Rozee, Gulden Cogs, Ziebell and Sheezel. But at least one, if not both of the latter two I'll have to move to defence.

Value:

Moving Ziebell into defence and having 3 spots available could also help

On Cameron's side is that he's averaging 19.5 possessions and pushing right up the ground to get involved. Uses it well. Score involvements high even when he's not kicking bags of goals. I reckon he's a nice POD and I regret not getting him at the start of the season as was originally planned. I'm still tempted by him.

I currently have a very cookie cutter albeit solid scoring forward line of Dunkley, Rozee, Gulden Cogs, Ziebell and Sheezel. But at least one, if not both of the latter two I'll have to move to defence.

Moving Ziebell into defence and having 3 spots available could also help

Probably depends on what players get M/F status?

Smith, Treloar, Adams don’t interest me. Petracca does, De Goey does.

But if minimal ones do, I’d think I’d prefer likes of Sinclair, Sicily down back over Moore, Gulden forward.

Top 10 defenders likely to outscore top 10 forwards, barring some luck with F/M status No? I’m building my side around Ziebell & Sheezel up forward.

Am thinking of cautiously dipping my toes in the water and putting Ratugolea onfield (Ryan to R3)

Is it time?
I only have Rat at R3 as a cash cow, so I can't get his points

Big difference in his scoring in wins vs losses

They're up against the Swans, which could be a very tight game

But the Swans have no Buddy, no Amartey, no Reid, no Hickey, so they'll be a short forward line. Does that help or hinder Esava?

He could score 30 just as easily as he could score 90, so maybe just back his form and go for it?

Whose he competing with for that on-field spot?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back