Discussion 2023 General AFL Discussion - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel bad for McStay, always hard when a player misses a whole year like that.

He should have Mc Stayed at Brisbane. The old filth ground is cursed.

its absolutely mental.

the nic nat void... they're now running article "the next nic nat"
Are they predicting that he will show flashes of brilliance, play one or 2 elite seasons but be absolutely butchered by injuries?

Heard Arryn Siposs on the radio this morning - he’s come back as a development coach at the Hawks.

I didn't vote, but I'm honestly surprised Carlton and Essendon are so low, I would have thought they are now less popular than the Pies.

I don't really dislike the Pies now but I'll accept that they were far more abrasive when Eddie and Joffa Corfe were running things, and their history is on the nose.

My top 4 hated teams? Glad you asked. In order:

Dons
Blues
North
Hawks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't vote, but I'm honestly surprised Carlton and Essendon are so low, I would have thought they are now less popular than the Pies.

I don't really dislike the Pies now but I'll accept that they were far more abrasive when Eddie and Joffa Corfe were running things, and their history is on the nose.

Dons
Blues
North
Hawks
You read my mind, Austinnn. What's that old saying?

"Great minds think alike."
There is a second part to that saying, but I can't for the life of me remember what it is. 🤔

Dons
Blues
North
Hawks
Mine are:
Western Bulldogs
Essendon
Carlton
Adelaide

Essendon and Carlton may as well be equals, Western Bulldogs is the only club I want to see fold.

Top 4 GTFO

1. Dons, obviously, you cheat the system, yeet a bitch.
2. Blues, see above.
3. Crows, outside of Eagles, purest money grab entry, got gifted, had a whinge, took bat and ball to go abuse some people, can take it again to GTFO.
4. Pies, I get it, but half of the success is purchased by being s**t at your job and crowning achievement is being racist pricks, GTFO.

Without Dons and Blues that are straight AFL related bringing the game into disrepute and straight pissing on all the things related, shift up the other 2 and add Dogs as thanks Smorgon, you ruined it, and Freo, as if we're s**t, you are utterly irrelevant to almost everything football related to everybody, including the party boy and plastic manufactured clubs, as at least they have pushed marketing going for them.

Mine are:
Western Bulldogs
Essendon
Carlton
Adelaide

Essendon and Carlton may as well be equals, Western Bulldogs is the only club I want to see fold.
I'd love to see North fold, even more so since they started getting indefinite charity from the league that was quite happy to let us be s**t for most of our 150 years

Take a gander at the other photos of the Dees squad in that intstagram post, they all look shitscared. What the hell is Oliver doing that is freaking them out, or has Goodie started punting on the outcomes of their praccie matches too?

I forsee a heavy drop in 24 for these jittery freaks, something isn't right at Demonland - or at the Bulldogs BTW. A new broom needs to be swept in both clubs, but the old regime will stay on the back of their solo premierships. Sweet.

PS, Jack Billings - man, I am glad he's not with us anymore. He can't even convince himself, don't know how he expects others to back him. Just goes to show that silky skills and athletic ability don't guarantee anything. You need more. JB never had it and never will sorry to say.

Cites CTE.
Spends majority talking about what the AFL could do better.
Makes single offhand comment about how secondary career was trying not to get punched in the face.

Mayhap not taking up boxing might have helped in the "my head hurt" category? Just a thought.

Cites CTE.
Spends majority talking about what the AFL could do better.
Makes single offhand comment about how secondary career was trying not to get punched in the face.

Mayhap not taking up boxing might have helped in the "my head hurt" category? Just a thought.

Yeah the boxing career definitely wouldn’t have helped. But the recommendations suggest that his AFL career contributed to some degree.

It’s a minefield for sure.

In order to insulate from future litigation clubs must be seen to be implementing best practice, as set down by the AFL and the wider professional sporting industries.

When a recommendation gets made like this what’s the AFL’s ability to reject the findings? What are the clubs?

Are we already running less collision drills? Or does this mean we need to do even less?

Collision sports are changing for sure though. I see Rugby Union has committed to making any tackle above the sternum illegal, where previously it was above the shoulder.

Yeah the boxing career definitely wouldn’t have helped. But the recommendations suggest that his AFL career contributed to some degree.

It’s a minefield for sure.

In order to insulate from future litigation clubs must be seen to be implementing best practice, as set down by the AFL and the wider professional sporting industries.

When a recommendation gets made like this what’s the AFL’s ability to reject the findings? What are the clubs?

Are we already running less collision drills? Or does this mean we need to do even less?

Collision sports are changing for sure though. I see Rugby Union has committed to making any tackle above the sternum illegal, where previously it was above the shoulder.
I don’t think that this new ruling by the Union authorities will lessen concussion risk for any of those players who think with their testicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back