Discussion 2023 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine if Ross Lyon had access to talent like Rozee, Butters, JHF, Houston & Aliir...

Last week doesn't look so bad considering the cattle we have!

Imagine if Ross Lyon had access to talent like Rozee, Butters, JHF, Houston & Aliir...

Last week doesn't look so bad considering the cattle we have!
GWS got 7 goals up we at least hot it back to 3.
GWS get 5 up, kick 6 behinds, Port get a run on and kick 4 behinds.

We weren't bad last week, just outclassed.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Half time report
Aussie Rules Afl GIF by GIANTS

Half time report
Aussie Rules Afl GIF by GIANTS
Coniglio, Green, Ward, Kelly etc - tearing Rozee, Butters & Wines a new one (and they are decent). Not just the number of clearances but the quality - excellent.

Ok we all know the midfield is our key problem but who in their right mind thinks Hunter in his current physical state can match that GWS midfield for speed and/or strength?

While we are relying on Clark and Gresham for midfield minutes we are miles off it.

ps assuming GWS stay healthy tonight if I was Collingwood I would be very nervous next week.

Last edited:
Why would the bye impact that though? The teams have had the exact same breaks.
The argument is that some teams end up playing 1 game in 3 weeks, which isn't good for them. I haven't thought about it much to make my own opinion, but on the surface it makes sense. Isn't there a theme of teams losing after their bye, if they're playing teams that didn't have a bye that weekend?

Coniglio, Green, Ward, Kelly etc - tearing Rozee, Butters & Wines a new one (and they are decent).

Ok we all know the midfield is our key problem but who in their right mind thinks Hunter in his current physical state can match that GWS midfield for speed and/or strength?

While we are relying on Clark and Gresham for midfield minutes we are miles off it.
Absolutely right. Hunter seeing stars chasing their mids

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom Greene Brownlow next year, just sucks multiple opponents into contests to try and nullify him and still gets it done, Patrick Cripps 2.0

Coniglio, Green, Ward, Kelly etc - tearing Rozee, Butters & Wines a new one (and they are decent). Not just the number of clearances but the quality - excellent.

ps assuming GWS stay healthy tonight if I was Collingwood I would be very nervous next week.
It's going to be fascinating to see what RTB does to try to sort out our midfield. He's made no secret of the fact it needs serious work.

That Jesse Hogan goes alright.
I wonder what Melbourne would pay to have a key forward?

The argument is that some teams end up playing 1 game in 3 weeks, which isn't good for them. I haven't thought about it much to make my own opinion, but on the surface it makes sense. Isn't there a theme of teams losing after their bye, if they're playing teams that didn't have a bye that weekend?
Yeah the argument is that it can be a disadvantage to the team that wins the qualifying final and has another bye. But it shouldn't have impact on these games.

Why would the bye impact that though? The teams have had the exact same breaks.
Not even sure tbh but it clearly does, stats don't lie. It was unheard of in the final 8 era until the pre finals bye and now it's what 50/50. The interrupted continuity and momentum seems to bother higher placed sides more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back