No Oppo Supporters 2023 General AFL Discussion - incl. AFL Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rory Lobb is the worst key position player since Eric Hipwood

Hipwood on contract until end of 2029. Turns 26 in September.
Lobb has a contract until the end of 2026. Just turned 30.

If you can't be good, be tall.
Hipwood's highest goal tally in a season is 37

Oh my god I don't even care for Brisbane but reading that made my skin crawl holy s**t they have tied themselves to such an average player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Chicken Tackle was always illegal on the Rules of Australian Rules Football. But a change in the rules has allowed this to return as a legitimate tackle. A Chicken Wing tackle is where a player grabs a player's arm and pulls it behind his back to stop him disposing of the ball.

It is seenas a good tackle today but in reality is the most dangerous tackle as it allows the player no protection of the head if the head hits the ground. That is because the idea is to drop the player on the same side and the wing/arm that is pinned so they can't get out of it.

Why are we allowing a once banned tackle to be used?

The other major issue for me is the throw. Players are not even bothering to disguise the throw now because thry know that 98% of the time it will not be penalised. Are we Rugby? We might as well be. I have watched most matches over the first 2 weeks. There were literally hundreds of very obvious throws and I only saw 3 picked up in the first round and 7 in the second.

That AFL wants fast ball movement at any cost. This cost is far too far

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Rory Lobb is the worst key position player since Eric Hipwood
Eric Hipwood is not a bad KPF. Bringing in Daniher who has similar attributes and leading patterns is the problem. They Jackson'd themselves.... before that was even a term.... and no, I don't think it'll catch on

What is Fagan doing also? Three tall forwards and two rucks... that ain't it. They look slow and lumbersome and the athletic talls they have (Hipwood & Daniher) don't put any pressure on. And the forward who looks the most dangerous for them (Gunston) they go to the least, because he isn't as mobile and on the move as the others, because he's 31.

Absolute mess. One of Hipwood or Daniher have to go and make way for a dangerous medium who can be a marking target but also dangerous at ground level and can apply pressure. A Heeney/Fritsch type. No idea if they even have such a player on their list.

What is Fagan doing also? Three tall forwards and two rucks... that ain't it. They look slow and lumbersome and the athletic talls they have (Hipwood & Daniher) don't put any pressure on. And the forward who looks the most dangerous for them (Gunston) they go to the least, because he isn't as mobile and on the move as the others, because he's 31.

Absolute mess. One of Hipwood or Daniher have to go and make way for a dangerous medium who can be a marking target but also dangerous at ground level and can apply pressure. A Heeney/Fritsch type. No idea if they even have such a player on their list.
The longer they struggle with it the better.

Will Brodie couldn't break into Gold Coast's average side.

Becomes a key player in Freo's top 6 side last year.

Dropped by round 3 of this year.

Gives you whiplash how fast things change in footy sometimes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back