No Oppo Supporters 2023 General AFL Discussion - incl. AFL Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I know they say never write off a champion but I feel that Geelong hit their peak (unfortunately for us) on GF day 2022. With many of their stars being another year older and the retirement of their inspirational leader, coupled with the recruitment of unproven youngsters like Bruhn, Henry and Bowes, I feel that they are not as strong as they were at the end of 2022.

Todd Goldstein On The Couch - he speaks very well & comes across as a really nice bloke.

Wouldn’t mind Goldy in the commentary box.

Chris Scott and Ross Lyon were interesting on 360 , just tried to tune off Slobbo and his hand waving

Gotta say I agree with this. The coverage of the entire Jackson thing is icky to me. I'm still not convinced he's the kind of player Freo needed, but it's waaaay too early to know, and he is just a kid. Not his fault he was in-demand and had oodles of talent from early on.

I know they say never write off a champion but I feel that Geelong hit their peak (unfortunately for us) on GF day 2022. With many of their stars being another year older and the retirement of their inspirational leader, coupled with the recruitment of unproven youngsters like Bruhn, Henry and Bowes, I feel that they are not as strong as they were at the end of 2022.
Geelong weren't that much different this time last year. They were 1-1 and IIRC they didn't win consecutive games until a few months into the season. Then they won 16 in a row or something, all the way to the flag. I wouldn't be writing them off at all.

Geelong weren't that much different this time last year. They were 1-1 and IIRC they didn't win consecutive games until a few months into the season. Then they won 16 in a row or something, all the way to the flag. I wouldn't be writing them off at all.
I know and I'm still not writing them off. But I just have a feeling the loss of selwood, the heart and soul of the team, will prove to be very significant.

Gotta say I agree with this. The coverage of the entire Jackson thing is icky to me. I'm still not convinced he's the kind of player Freo needed, but it's waaaay too early to know, and he is just a kid. Not his fault he was in-demand and had oodles of talent from early on.

Neroli is hated by other journo's trust me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was inevitable.

And whilst I agree he's just a kid - when you're the highest paid player at a professional AFL club, you're going to cop a lot of scrutiny in the press (unless you're at the Gold Coast), especially with expectations at a peak and all the talk of "Flagmantle".

If Freo don't win the Derby this weeked, the press will be absolutely savage in WA.

It was inevitable.

And whilst I agree he's just a kid - when you're the highest paid player at a professional AFL club, you're going to cop a lot of scrutiny in the press (unless you're at the Gold Coast), especially with expectations at a peak and all the talk of "Flagmantle".

If Freo don't win the Derby this weeked, the press will be absolutely savage in WA.
I am tuning the world's smallest violin as we speak.

Looking for those ON Topic posts.....

season 1 friends GIF

Looking for those ON Topic posts.....

season 1 friends GIF

hmmn … here a couple

Think Geelongs slow start has been overplayed. They have a delayed start to their run of home games at the Litter Box. Will easily make top 4.

The Bullies are in strife. Bevo could resign before years end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back