Discussion 2023 General Discussion / Help

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

One extra round this year, so one extra trade. More trades gets more casual players, not likely they reduce it.
Yeah, they won't.

Some might disagree, but I think it was better game when people were more accountable for their initial selections and a larger part of the weekly thought process was 'Should I do this trade?', instead of 'What trades am I going to do this week - go hard or go home?'.

Yeah, they won't.

Some might disagree, but I think it was better game when people were more accountable for their initial selections and a larger part of the weekly thought process was 'Should I do this trade?', instead of 'What trades am I going to do this week - go hard or go home?'.
Yes you are definitely not punished for making mistakes as much now.

I guess the fill side is you are also not punished for bad luck, like one of your players getting injured.

One extra round this year, so one extra trade. More trades gets more casual players, not likely they reduce it.

or one extra bye

agree - now they have given us extra trades its highly unlikely they will take them (or the boosts) away in future years

doubt it changes the tradeaholic's behaviour. kananooks will still be out by Rd 16 :D

now if they could just figure out the 3-way sub

WaynesWorld19

So are we doing 20 team comps this season? Me thinks the more H2H matchups the better. Two more than previously. Starting round two.
Still looking at 18 ....gives everyone a strong chance of finals ....but looking to start the League Comp from R1, rather than the traditional R3

That will give us more matchups ....3 more in fact

Bit of a random question. We run a semi-offline keeper league and usually one of the websites (I think Jock Reynolds) publish a spreadsheet with all of the players and their positions in it that I use for our offline draft.

I haven’t been able to find the 2023 player database in an excel spreadsheet anywhere this year. Does anyone know if one exists?

Thanks

Ship's sailed on the trades front, Pandora's floodgate of worms has been opened, no going back.
Just look at it as being more forgiving if you hook your drive off the first tee off into the trees.
Keeps more folks more active longer,.
Even if the soft campaigners will never know the hardship we faced in walking barefoot through the snow of the desert, uphill both ways, to drop off our trades at the Post Office before heading down to the pub for a game of two-up and a refreshing billy tea before heading back home to bale the hay and plough the fields.

Bit of a random question. We run a semi-offline keeper league and usually one of the websites (I think Jock Reynolds) publish a spreadsheet with all of the players and their positions in it that I use for our offline draft.

I haven’t been able to find the 2023 player database in an excel spreadsheet anywhere this year. Does anyone know if one exists?

Thanks
Give this a whirl.

No guarantees, I grabbed it off a bloke who grabbed it off a bloke as a txt file and just whacked it in an xls, but should be there or thereabouts.
EDIT: If you can't work with that, just let me know an email address or something, can send it that way. Looks like dogshit in this window.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still looking at 18 ....gives everyone a strong chance of finals ....but looking to start the League Comp from R1, rather than the traditional R3

That will give us more matchups ....3 more in fact
That's even better. Throws everyone in at the deep end right from the get-go. No going through the motions for two rounds.

With 18 team leagues, will that mean will play three matchups twice?

That's even better. Throws everyone in at the deep end right from the get-go. No going through the motions for two rounds.

With 18 team leagues, will that mean will play three matchups twice?
With an extra round this year, would mean 4 matchups play a 2nd time

Starting R1 instead of R3 ....rewards those Coach's that get their starting teams right

Give this a whirl.

No guarantees, I grabbed it off a bloke who grabbed it off a bloke as a txt file and just whacked it in an xls, but should be there or thereabouts.
EDIT: If you can't work with that, just let me know an email address or something, can send it that way. Looks like dogshit in this window.

Thanks a lot mate, really appreciate it. I’ll give that a crack next time I’m on the laptop and if it doesn’t work I will drop you a PM.

This is a bit depressing, still ******* ages to go.

View attachment 1593118
I don't see it as depressing.

I see it as 50 more days I'm a chance.

giphy.gif

Ship's sailed on the trades front, Pandora's floodgate of worms has been opened, no going back.
Just look at it as being more forgiving if you hook your drive off the first tee off into the trees.
Keeps more folks more active longer,.
Even if the soft campaigners will never know the hardship we faced in walking barefoot through the snow of the desert, uphill both ways, to drop off our trades at the Post Office before heading down to the pub for a game of two-up and a refreshing billy tea before heading back home to bale the hay and plough the fields.
Luxury. We'd have given anything to be able to walk thru t'snow. We 'ad t'crawl on broken bottles for knee-pads, through snow AND crevasses deeper than Barry White's voice, before 'aving to inscribe trades wit' own blud on the scrapings of our own skin.
Pub? pub, ye say? Only alcohol we ever got was at least 3rd hand and that were only because old man 'ad the piss bucket rounds to call 'is own.
Our 'ome was a cardboard box and we shared it with a very argumentative couple from Glasgow.

Luxury. We'd have given anything to be able to walk thru t'snow. We 'ad trawl on broken bottles for knee-pads, through snow AND crevasses deeper than Barry White's voice, before 'aving to inscribe trades wit' own blud on the scrapings of our own skin.
Pub? pub, ye say? Only alcohol we ever got was at least 3rd hand and that were only because old man 'ad the piss bucker rounds to call 'is own.
Our 'ome was a cardboard box and we shared it with a very argumentative couple from Glasgow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back