3. Roglic
4. Thomas
5. Almeida
6. Caruso
7. Vlasov
8. Vine
9. Leknessund
10. Dunbar

If Ineos and UAE dont use their numbers advantage against Roglic now, it's gonna be a pretty boring race. Roglic looks easily the strongest climber here. UAE need to use Vine in a more attacking way, if it comes off, could possibly win. No point just following wheels and coming 5th. Almeida doesn't have a burst to drop anyone so they can play safe with him.

If Ineos and UAE dont use their numbers advantage against Roglic now, it's gonna be a pretty boring race. Roglic looks easily the strongest climber here. UAE need to use Vine in a more attacking way, if it comes off, could possibly win. No point just following wheels and coming 5th. Almeida doesn't have a burst to drop anyone so they can play safe with him.
Yep, Tao and Geraint need to do to Primoz what Primoz and Jonas did to Tadej. The difference is that Primoz didn't waste energy week 1 trying to assert his dominance like Tadej did. Feel like Sivakov being top 10 could be a weapon or it could be terrible for them.

The upside is maybe Remco will switch tack and race in July. His only excuse now is there aren't enough TT kilometres.

The upside is maybe Remco will switch tack and race in July. His only excuse now is there aren't enough TT kilometres.
Nah, he'll target La Vuelta now. Alan and Jakobsen will ride Le Tour with Merlier and Remco at La Vuelta

Yep, Tao and Geraint need to do to Primoz what Primoz and Jonas did to Tadej. The difference is that Primoz didn't waste energy week 1 trying to assert his dominance like Tadej did. Feel like Sivakov being top 10 could be a weapon or it could be terrible for them.
I was already loving it, but this will be a fascinating two weeks now.

The Sky Train is back!!!!

I was already loving it, but this will be a fascinating two weeks now.

The Sky Train is back!!!!
Sky train won't win against Roglic. He's stronger than all of them. They need to tag team attack him. Same with UAE and Vine.

Sky train won't win against Roglic. He's stronger than all of them. They need to tag team attack him. Same with UAE and Vine.
TGH is landing more punches than I expected, and G is a wily old fox, but I agree.

That's why I reckon it will be so fascinating to watch, will they or won't they?

Not expecting much movement week 2, but I think there will be carnage week 3 and don’t expect anyone will need to try anything too dramatic tactically. There’s been some placid but long days, there’s some seriously tough days to come and the TT after it all is going to hurt plenty. Won’t be surprised to see some big GC gaps by the end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vine losing big time with this crash. No Australian winner this year

Vine losing big time with this crash. No Australian winner this year
Vine was never winning. Top 10 was always going to be his goal.

Great work from the break. Poor De Marchi, he looks so good but he just can't seem to get there. Maggy finally gets the treble of GT stage wins though!

Will be interesting to see where GC ends up.

Reckon Cort was lucky - He was having no success chasing Gee and DeMarche in the break until Bais bridged up who then got him up to Gee and Demarche - Jayco has been in good form this whole Giro and they are collecting a swag of UCI points.

Reckon Cort was lucky - He was having no success chasing Gee and DeMarche in the break until Bais bridged up who then got him up to Gee and Demarche - Jayco has been in good form this whole Giro and they are collecting a swag of UCI points.
Having the top 15 get UCI points in Grand Tour stages is much better than just the top 5.

Dunbar finishing top 10 and one more stage win would be the perfect Giro. Stage 12 is tailor made for Bling or Pederson again

Tao out. Primoz has had so much bad luck over the years but I feel like he's lost the only blokes who can beat him in 4 days.

Roglić went down as well but didn't look all that bad.
The original founder of the Tour de France said his ideal race would be so tough only one rider finished. We're getting there at this rate

Milan's sprint was crazy. I think Kittel would be the only guy to match that, coming from so far back with that much speed but he somehow weaved through as well. And he can climb ok too for a big bloke. Should be getting a good pay day for next year.

Milan's sprint was crazy. I think Kittel would be the only guy to match that, coming from so far back with that much speed but he somehow weaved through as well. And he can climb ok too for a big bloke. Should be getting a good pay day for next year.
Do wonder where he goes though. Bahrain will never have him as the #1 protected rider in a GT.

Worst stage from BEX so far. Needed a Postlberger or Hepburn in the break with Bling to do what Skuijns did.

Also really bad from Bling in that he missed both splits.

Back