2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tarryn thomas an interesting one, there was obviously some interest from both parties last year but for obvious reasons fell apart. Not sure we could go down that path but if he sorted himself out he would be a perfect fit as a player. Probably too far gone though.

Tarryn thomas an interesting one, there was obviously some interest from both parties last year but for obvious reasons fell apart. Not sure we could go down that path but if he sorted himself out he would be a perfect fit as a player. Probably too far gone though.
Can’t see the club touching him. If we were in the finals mix, clubs sometimes roll that dice because it’s low risk. We still need consistency and role models for younger players to climb the ladder. He is neither.

Tall, clean and good disposal, I actually feel he would really complement the current midfield mix perfectly. Don't know if it's worth the risk though.

No way would i want him at my club after what has happened.... but i wonder if he came up here no one would even notice. He barely gets any attention at North.

Gotham Penguin on the money 2 weeks before the media 👍

Thanks Corkie

Clubs are being quite shifty this year, so this is pretty much all I'm likely to get, unless someone slips up.

It's up to us to make a good offer to Jordan. If it's acceptable, he will come.
If it falls over - it is squarely at our end.

Flanders - despite what 'family members' told some boardies, he had a huge offer from Hawthorn last year. He knocked it back, and they took Cooper Stevens instead.
The only way the Hawks come back, is if James Worpel accepts the offer Geelong have tabled to him.

The Hawks are all in on one player of ours. Contracted, but behind the scenes there is a monster offer - of course its King.

As for Thomas, he doesn't know what he's doing from one week to the next, let alone Norf - I think there is interest - but he has to be VERY good for any firm interest to develop. On field and off.

Everyone knows Sharpe is Eagles bound - don't expect anyone coming the other way.

That's all I have.

I think for the sake of flanders career he would be best to consider a move to west coast. He would be a certain starter in their midfield and have a great opportunity to prove himself. Also the type of player west coast need, ready to go, can't just rely on bringing in a whole heap of 18 year olds.

I think for the sake of flanders career he would be best to consider a move to west coast. He would be a certain starter in their midfield and have a great opportunity to prove himself. Also the type of player west coast need, ready to go, can't just rely on bringing in a whole heap of 18 year olds.
IMO, probably the worst team he could choose. Eagles will be in a world of pain for many years looking at their list.

Eagles already have a Flanders in their side... Xavier O'Neill.

The hardest of no's

Sorry - I did hear a murmur about some end of trades interest in Chris Burgess from a couple of clubs at the bottom of the ladder. Very much pick 80+/ steak knives territory.
I hope it works out for Chris. The guy has tried his heart out to play at AFL level - put his effort into some of our more talented players, and you'd have a team of world-beaters.

The stars would have to align perfectly for a move to happen - I really hope they do - he's a bloke that deserves another shot.

Here's to a good win in Darwin!

Sorry - I did hear a murmur about some end of trades interest in Chris Burgess from a couple of clubs at the bottom of the ladder. Very much pick 80+/ steak knives territory.
I hope it works out for Chris. The guy has tried his heart out to play at AFL level - put his effort into some of our more talented players, and you'd have a team of world-beaters.

The stars would have to align perfectly for a move to happen - I really hope they do - he's a bloke that deserves another shot.

Here's to a good win in Darwin!
Burgo is stuck behind a long list of tall forwards - Ben King, Jack Lukosius, Levi Casboult, Mabior Chol, Joel Jeffrey and possibly even Sam Day after his recent inclusion. You could even argue Brodie McLaughlin has gone ahead of him in the pecking order. I suspect adding Walter and Read to our list at the end of this season could result in a trade involving Burgess but I would personally like to keep him because he's been a significant contributor to our VFL team being highly competitive every week. I would totally understand if he wanted to leave though and it's the same reason Josh Corbett found a new home last year. Burgo will be 28 at the end of this year so this is kind of his last opportunity to go somewhere else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching Ben McKay live, he can stay at North. He is terrible.

This is either one of those moves that kills you’re list or makes you elite
Most likely the former then the latter
Only works if tigs pay 70 % of he’s salary

I would love this if Tiges paid a large chunk.

He’s actually played some good footy this year and he’s only there to take some attention off our young stars and to stand up when the games on the line, which we typically haven’t had players who could.

Honestly not heard a peep about this.

I'd be very cautious - Richmond didn't know until Christmas wether Martin wanted to play this year or not.

That kidney damage took a lot out of Dusty - I think he lost 10 - 12kg or something?

It's a pass from me - at 31 it would be hard to imagine he would be coming up for anything other than a last payday.

At $800,000 PA (minimum) - well, I'd be topping up Rowell, Anderson and The Bears contracts before spending it on Dustin Martin tbh.

Rowell, Ando and The Bear will win us a flag. I don't know if Dusty on a huge deal for 2 years would.

Thoughts guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back