Game Day 2023 Grand Final - Pies v Lions

Who will win

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood lose the prelim last year and decide they need a ball winning mid, a goal scoring small forward and a big forward.

So they go out and recruit Mitchell, Hill and McStay. Just like that. Plus they get the Daicos brothers.

Hard to compete.

Hill was two years in the making. He tried to go there the year before I think and GWS refused to trade him. Hawthorn fire sailed Mitchell out, they just grabbed him because Henry walked out and wanted to go to Geelong. McStay was always heading back to Victoria as well.

Everything they did wasn't because they lost the preliminary final. It was already set up.

We're still banging on about Frampton? Sheesh.

Bring on the trade period so we can have something to genuinely get annoyed at.

Hill was two years in the making. He tried to go there the year before I think and GWS refused to trade him. Hawthorn fire sailed Mitchell out, they just grabbed him because Henry walked out and wanted to go to Geelong. McStay was always heading back to Victoria as well.

Everything they did wasn't because they lost the preliminary final. It was already set up.
Hill wanted to go to Essendon the year before but the Dodo was being too difficult (as usual) so the deal fell through. They also ****ed around with getting Dunkley and missed out on him.

Last edited:
yeah yeah! unless you are a fan of garbage umpiring... maybe you are?
Surely you jest??? I complain every bloody week! This was NOT one of those games. Couple of missed decisions but not nearly on a par what we see week in and week out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got about 45 seconds into Midday Madness with Dwane Pipe and turned it off. What did I expect? Why did I bother?

Perhaps next week someone will raise the old chestnuts of ten million home games on the Grand Final ground, 250% of the crowd barracking for the one team, the one critical last second free that either did or didnt get paid to Collingwood in almost every game and certainly the last two finals. blah blah.

As Clark Grizwold might say, "Where's the tynanol?"

Billy's game had a real "Will Young winning a TV for best on ground that time" feel to it

Tony Shaw and Mark Robinson both defending Frampton’s game on Twitter, says that he restricted Andrews… who had the most intercept possessions on the ground (9) and nearly had the match winning intercept where Frampton was 10 metres behind him! Wtf is this campaign to justify Frampton’s game? Even most Collingwood supporters agree he was below average
I wonder if Billy has imposter syndrome? Premiership medal, two disposals. Good grief.

Collingwood rank as the 2 worst side to win a GF in the AFL era, behind the WB. Yet again the AFL trot out pure garbage umpiring and no doubt clap each other about a perceived success but really, poor umpiring gifted Collingwood a GF birth they never should have had.

I’ve heard a lot of things about the umpiring in the GF, but never that it caused Craig McRae’s wife to give birth.

Back