News 2023 Hawthorn trade targets, News and tidbits...

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it's March, so it's very early for this, but I see the AFL.com boys are going to be launching a new show called "Gettable" where they will be talking trade, free agency and club lists with managers and recruiters.

So it's time to get ahead of that one, and set up some threads.

Firstly, this thread right here will house legitimate news or snippets regarding players that Hawthorn are linked with.

There will be a secondary thread, that you've all seen many times before.... the "2023 Hypothetical Hawks trade news and randomly fanciful 6 club trade scenarios", which will be a bit more of a free for all for your trade ideas and arguements about how trades get done.

Anything that gets posted in there that seems like legitimate news, will get moved across to this thread so that it doesn't get missed. :rainbow:

If this thread is locked it's because posters have gotten confused by the rules of the thread, and there's been a clean up.

Rule 1: it is about players linked to Hawthorn.
Rule 2: it’s not where you ask or debate the worth of a trade.
Rule 3: it’s not where you query current listed Hawks

Last edited:

Players that I am told we’ve got interest in, and that I expect to see us linked to in these AFL articles.

Mitch Georgiades
Tom Doedee

Players that I am told we’ve got interest in, and that I expect to see us linked to in these AFL articles.

Mitch Georgiades
Tom Doedee
Georgiades makes the most sense.

Georgiades makes the most sense.
Can I just make it very clear the HFC is keen to get a KPD FA. Have been for some time. Sam Mitchell had dinner last year in Perth with Logue and his partner. It is a clear strategy. They liked his versatility, just like they do Himmelberg and to a lesser extent McKay and Doedee. May not get any, but they are trying.

Last edited:
Georgiadis would be incredible, but I feel he stays or goes back to WA.

Doedee is interesting. We have plenty of intercepting defenders on the list. Quality player, but the big picture is hard to comprehend.

Doedee a strange one - he’s a very undersized kpd? (187cm?)

Georgiadis would make a lot of sense as a 3rd tall / Gunston type.

Himmelberg would appear to make sense - didn’t realise he’s 26 - really hasn’t done that much for the $$$ he’d ask for.

The AGE:
Hawthorn loom as a strong contender if St Kilda’s restricted free agent Jade Gresham chooses to explore his options at season’s end.
Gresham’s management is yet to start contract talks with Saints list boss Stephen Silvagni, but plans to do so soon, according to a source familiar with the situation who spoke on the condition of anonymity.

The Hawks have a mountain of salary cap space that would enable them to outbid any other suitor for the 25-year-old, with industry sources believing he will be in high demand if he does not agree to a new deal with St Kilda.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope you’re all well, it’s been a while.

Have a little bit of news to share.

We’re trying to get Liam Ryan in a deal for Brockman. We may need to sweeten it up a little - was told we could help financially, is it possible to pay some of Brockmans new contract with WC?

Brockman wants to go home understandably, Liam Ryan loves Sam Mitchell. Makes sense.

This will excite us all, we are chasing a real top liner, an A grader which I’ve been told we are confident of getting done. I was not told who it is, can only assume it’s a Ben King type. A bit of noise around here already about BK, could it be someone else?

We have a stack to spend, more than any other club plus the cap is increasing. We’re in a great position overall.

That’s all I have for now, will update you all over the coming weeks as more news comes to hand.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back