Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the place where you can come up with trade ideas and random targets.

It's where you can tell everyone you want to trade 3 first rounders for some potato from Port Adelaide.

It's where you can argue the merits of a 6 club mega trade.

You've seen this thread before. Have at it.

Hope we are looking at:
Lachie Ash
Jade Gresham
Tom Doedee
Mitch Georgiades

Only want free agents and second round or later trade targets. Need to hit the draft. Gresham would be a good get, albeit I think we will struggle to attract FAs if we are bottom 4. Amon was a great get so you never know.

Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

Only want free agents and second round or later trade targets. Need to hit the draft. Gresham would be a good get, albeit I think we will struggle to attract FAs if we are bottom 4. Amon was a great get so you never know.

Im not so sure. Even with a bottom 4 finish.

Young exciting team with a strong baby midfield, moving to Dingley, playing a fast, exciting brand. Im pretty bullish the Hawks will be an attractive target again as soon as this year.

Im not so sure. Even with a bottom 4 finish.

Young exciting team with a strong baby midfield, moving to Dingley, playing a fast, exciting brand. Im pretty bullish the Hawks will be an attractive target again as soon as this year.
Sam Mitchell is the biggest draw. Seems to leave a pretty big impression on everyone he gets into a room with.

Gresham would be a huge get. Having him would mean we could play Moore in the middle more, without losing that crafty forward presence. They could split time running through the middle and playing forward.

We need to go after a key position player that can play at either end. I think Tops mentioned we have interest in the older De Koning. Would be a good pickup imo
DeKoning wouldn’t come cheap in a trade and doesn’t really play much as forward, does he?
I’d just stick with developing Ramma.

We’ve got interest in Georgiades which is interesting, as a potential pairing with Lewis.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

D. Moore + 1st round pick for the No. 1 pick in this draft to get H. Reid.
I can't see us saying no to that.
I'd like some of what you're smoking.

I can if we've got the number one pick!
Pretty darn hefty price to pay assuming we end up with a ~top3-5 pick in all seriousness - tackles well, hits the scoreboard, racks up disposals, fits the age profile perfectly, seems flexible in terms of being able to play around the ground, and I dare say he has the ability to continue improving as well. he'd be the kind of player I'd be hoping a top pick would turn into quite frankly.

I don't think we'd be trading Moore, plus a pick from anywhere between #2 to #6, for pick #1.

If we were desperate for #1 then we better hope they we either finish last ourselves, or an interstate club does. There's simply no way North, Essendon or Saints would turn down the chance to draft Reid if he continues to play the way he has.

WCE and GWS have also shown they aren't afraid to select Victorian kids. Reid is from a somewhat rural/country area too.

There's really no chance teams are giving him up, bar maybe Adelaide, who may be looking at Moir (another top 5 candidate).

If we want to make trades to improve our draft hand then players like Morrison, Morris, Kosi, Nash, Reeves/Lynch, Frost, Bramble, Worpel and Brockman may be more expendible by the end of the season. Though as it stands we wouldn't be getting much for any of them.

Last edited:
I don't think we'd be trading Moore, plus a pick from anywhere between #2 to #6, for pick #1.

If we were desperate for #1 then we better hope they we either finish last ourselves, or an interstate club does. There's simply no way North, Essendon or Saints would turn down the chance to draft Reid if he continues to play the way he has.

WCE and GWS have also shown they aren't afraid to select Victorian kids. Reid is from a somewhat rural/country area too.

There's really no chance teams are giving him up, bar maybe Adelaide, who may be looking at Moir (another top 5 candidate).

If we want to make trades to improve our draft hand then players like Morrison, Morris, Kosi, Nash, Reeves/Lynch, Frost, Bramble, Worpel and Brockman may be more expendible by the end of the season. Though as it stands we wouldn't be getting much for any of them.
Fair post.
DGB should be at the top of that list.
The player with the highest market value but won't be missed if traded, and easily replaced as a 3rd tall.
If he doesn't breakout this year it might be our last chance to salvage value.

Fair post.
DGB should be at the top of that list.
The player with the highest market value but won't be missed if traded, and easily replaced as a 3rd tall.
If he doesn't breakout this year it might be our last chance to salvage value.
Why won’t he be missed if traded?

Was this a bit of a troll attempt?

I understand how impressive Reid looks, but if we're being realistic, forcing out heart and soul players can be a culture killer.

Moorey is one of our best players as well as one of the most popular amongst the group. If Reid comes in and has a poor attitude then the entire fabric of the group can be frayed. You don't mess with that stuff where you can help it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back