Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naughton is a little overrated for mine.

open market - side by side - who would a club pick if given a choice between Lewis or Naughton

so for those suggesting giving up pick 3 for Naughton, not for me
I think he’s overrated as a forward but would love him as a kpd. I don’t think pick 3 gets it done tbh I think it’s a little more than that but I would do it given his potential fit, upside and age with our build. blanck naughton Sicily weddle impey Hardwick Mitchell looks a good and balanced back 7 to me. What does that mean for DGB, Bramble, CJ, Scrimshaw would become really interesting, assuming they let BMac develop over next few years and frost Morris would be gone this year or next.

I think he’s overrated as a forward but would love him as a kpd. I don’t think pick 3 gets it done tbh I think it’s a little more than that but I would do it given his potential fit, upside and age with our build. blanck naughton Sicily weddle impey Hardwick Mitchell looks a good and balanced back 7 to me. What does that mean for DGB, Bramble, CJ, Scrimshaw would become really interesting, assuming they let BMac develop over next few years and frost Morris would be gone this year or next.

You're willing to pay pick 3 for a key forward and turn them into a backman which they haven't played since juniors? , I'll pass.

You're willing to pay pick 3 for a key forward and turn them into a backman which they haven't played since juniors? , I'll pass.
The bloke could end up being a better defender than forward. Like Knights, Sicily et al

The fact that you could switch him between the roles is invaluable

IMO Naugton is never going to reach the heights of a gun key forward which is how he is rated by the footy world generally. At some stage you have to deliver more than just the occasional great game. And so I judge him on that basis as a key forward, and hence wouldn’t give up pick 3. If he could not get that consistency whilst playing in a free flowing decent side for the last 5 years, he isn’t going to get there.

giving up pick 3 and then turning him into a defender, that is just madness.

IMO Naugton is never going to reach the heights of a gun key forward which is how he is rated by the footy world generally. At some stage you have to deliver more than just the occasional great game. And so I judge him on that basis as a key forward, and hence wouldn’t give up pick 3. If he could not get that consistency whilst playing in a free flowing decent side for the last 5 years, he isn’t going to get there.

Putting aside the cost to get him, there are countless examples of players switching positions and being much more successful. We have one of the best in James Sicily - very few thought that would work and here we are. It’s also simplistic to say as it hasn’t worked at the dogs it can’t work elsewhere, again players change clubs and do better all the time. In addition the dogs are absolutely terrible with the inside 50 kick and as highlighted this week the forwards don’t separate, so they constantly have multiple forwards jumping creating huge packs where it is impossible to mark. I’m giving my opinion that I think he could make an elite defender and I would love to have him. Even as a forward partnering Lewis he’s a massive upgrade on anything we have or likely to get at pick 3 (again in my opinion).

Would love to trade in Lohmann and Georgiades while picking up Doedee in free agency. Three former first rounders, all at a discount.

Not worried about the ACL injuries. We're in a position where we can give them the time to recover and ease them in at the end of next season.

Think we can get all three without hurting our draft hand.

Would love to trade in Lohmann and Georgiades while picking up Doedee in free agency. Three former first rounders, all at a discount.

Not worried about the ACL injuries. We're in a position where we can give them the time to recover and ease them in at the end of next season.

Think we can get all three without hurting our draft hand.

Bringing in two players with ACL injuries is a huge risk. I imagine the club would have learned a thing or two from bringing in injury-prone players and players coming off very serious injuries. The best ability is availability, and we can't afford to be carrying players.

Naughton is a gun forward pure and simple you'd trade pick 3 plus next year's 1st rounder in a heartbeat. If you want to turn a forward into a defender try kozi
I'd pay that too. Anyone who wouldn't, just watch this game. 19 years old, against the best side in the competition. He's already worth a lot but he showed in this game that he can still go to another level. Genuinely unstoppable.

Anyway, we're no chance to get him, so that's that. I still hold out a bit of hope for Kosi, but I know that's optimistic. I hope our draft pick is high enough to grab Nate Caddy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 3 + bulldogs 2nd
For 8 + Mac Andrew

they get In before walter bid and add points with another second which is chewed up from our McCabe bid. Andrew walks straight into our back 6.
Is there a chance of a bid for Walter at pick 2? I'd imagine North would be all over him. Also I just presume the draft order will stay the same, but I actually watched North against Essendon this week, and they'll certainly bank a few more wins this year if they play like that. Wardlaw, by jove does he look the goods.

Is there a chance of a bid for Walter at pick 2? I'd imagine North would be all over him. Also I just presume the draft order will stay the same, but I actually watched North against Essendon this week, and they'll certainly bank a few more wins this year if they play like that. Wardlaw, by jove does he look the goods.
Yes a good chance. Suns academy kids not doing them favours by playing well. That said they are not in trouble it’s just about maximising their haul. Worst case they can trade their first to crows swans dees for 2 first/seconds and get all 3. The art is how do they get ahead of Walter bid and still get enough points to get all 3. Watson on top of their 3 would be amazing. For hawks we would need to acquire another second round pick. Then trade would look something like:
Hawks give r1, r2 acquired r2 dogs to suns
Hawks get r1, f1, f2 from suns
Hawks slide but still get caddy or Wilson this year add an f1 and f2 for 2024.
Even a bid at 18 for McCabe only needs to add pick 36 to our current dogs third 50 to Match which isn’t that difficult. Also by loading future assets we could potentially trade back in after the McCabe match if there’s someone we really like.

Yeh every chance and id say we would be happy to bid on him also.

McAndrews has serious “DH issues even for the GC”. Starting from a way back to make him an Alir for example. However I like you’re thinking, depends on what we do with CJ.

Pick 3 + bulldogs 2nd
For 8 + Mac Andrew

they get In before walter bid and add points with another second which is chewed up from our McCabe bid. Andrew walks straight into our back 6.
What size is Andrew, and I can’t see us giving up pick 3 and our 2023 2nd for Pick 8 and Andrews.

Bringing in two players with ACL injuries is a huge risk. I imagine the club would have learned a thing or two from bringing in injury-prone players and players coming off very serious injuries. The best ability is availability, and we can't afford to be carrying players.
Just read that this is Doedoo's second ACL. Should avoid him then. Georgiades I'd take the risk on. He'd be close to fit at the start of next season.

If he was a year or two younger I'd throw the kitchen sink at Papley. I know everyone on here hates him but I love the guy. He's highly skilled, plays for the jumper and is the biggest s**t stirrer in the game. And he has a point to prove after his anonymous effort in last year's GF.
If Papley goes to a club like Melbourne they'll probably win the next two flags on the bounce

Naughton is a little overrated for mine.

open market - side by side - who would a club pick if given a choice between Lewis or Naughton

so for those suggesting giving up pick 3 for Naughton, not for me
Naughton... And no club is thinking twice

I don't know where this idea he isn't consistent from, he hits the scoreboard most weeks, competes well at ground level. Is probably the biggest areial threat in the league and one of the best of all time. His goal kicking is definitely not amazing but outside of that he is everything you want in a modern day key forward.

Pick 3 + bulldogs 2nd
For 8 + Mac Andrew

No thanks, the cost of trading up from 8 to 3 would be huge. Andrew has not shown enough as of yet for me to be comfortable with that and the off field issue as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back