Injury 2023 Injury report

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely we're seeing the risk of pushing players harder in a training block. Went from little-to-no soft tissues to a few within a couple of weeks.
I'm not so sure how many of these aren't just resting instances for sore players.

It only seems like yesterday we were marvelling at our dream run with injuries......lasted about as long as you could expect.

We should have the bulk back for the first final but , injuries aside , it's already a fine line between being "fresh" and underdone - hopefully we end up with the right balance come finals.

If we can somehow muster the 2nd/3rd quarter type intentity we saw against Geelong for this weeks game I'll take that as a big positive for this group moving forward - will be an interesting watch , even though I am not super concerned about whether it's a W or L

With us, it's always somebody important. None (almost none) of the more and less ordinary players ever get injured. The promising ones always get injured too, which largely explains why they are 'promising' rather than 'proven'.
Who are these "unimportant" ones you talk about that didn't get injured this year?

It only seems like yesterday we were marvelling at our dream run with injuries......lasted about as long as you could expect.

We should have the bulk back for the first final but , injuries aside , it's already a fine line between being "fresh" and underdone - hopefully we end up with the right balance come finals.

If we can somehow muster the 2nd/3rd quarter type intentity we saw against Geelong for this weeks game I'll take that as a big positive for this group moving forward - will be an interesting watch , even though I am not super concerned about whether it's a W or L
Some were marvelling at it.

Others were saying 'ssssssh, please don't say it out loud...'

It’s a really unique set of circumstances this week with the injuries. On the one hand we appear set to enter this one with just 4 best 23 players unavailable 👍 and on the other 3 of them happen to be our 3 most influential players 🤦‍♂️

Carlton are an interesting case in this respect with how they’re performing without 6 or 7 of their best 23 available. They keep winning and to me it’s about executing the system rather than the individuals as long as they’re getting a big performance or two from the names currently in the lineup.

People on here wanted Fly to rest players. Better not complain now if we happen to lose.

The idea of resting players was flawed; we wouldn’t have known for sure which ones to rest.

Now we have a bunch of guys completely crippled in time for finals, and they’re all amongst our top tier players, we know which ones we have to rest. It’s practically a lifehack!

The idea of resting players was flawed; we wouldn’t have known for sure which ones to rest.

Now we have a bunch of guys completely crippled in time for finals, and they’re all amongst our top tier players, we know which ones we have to rest. It’s practically a lifehack!
Not to mention if we were going to rest players so they don't get injured in a game (or at training!) we'd need to be resting them all every single week 😜

Not to mention if we were going to rest players so they don't get injured in a game (or at training!) we'd need to be resting them all every single week

That’s exactly right, whereas now we know to rest them only for the games when they’re completely incapacitated and need ICU monitoring.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure why Bobby wasn't inducted at the start of the year, to really get to know his hamstrings and be open to their needs and dreams. Hope he's having a long hard look at himself in a mirror (looking backwards at the hammies obv.)
I think he may've spent too much time hanging with his quads, abs & biceps.
Pfft, rookie mistake!
Young people today...

Hmmmm, not sure about Ryan. I think his form has waned a tad relative to earlier in the year. Assume it's to release Crisp to the midfield, possibly to mind Neale. He's 1 of the few we seem to allocate run-with roles to.

Good luck to Ryan. Hopefully the 1st of many. Has good traits and I think they'll translate well to senior footy.

The argument from authority. I couldn't care less who they are, it was about the stem cell therapy

Well I for one am very excited to see future research into how “completely stuffed” 90yo’s can have youth “injected into them”, and will redact the author of the studies with a very thick black texta so the source can never be called into question.

Hmmmm, not sure about Ryan. I think his form has waned a tad relative to earlier in the year. Assume it's to release Crisp to the midfield, possibly to mind Neale. He's 1 of the few we seem to allocate run-with roles to.

Good luck to Ryan. Hopefully the 1st of many. Has good traits and I think they'll translate well to senior footy.
He’s very well headed and composed for a first year player. Ruscoe took 4 years to show similar composure. I like him

Theres an episode of joe rogan where he interviews Mel Gibson about his old man's recovery with stem cells. Crazy stuff. He was 90, completely stuffed and this stuff was like injecting youth into him. Just saying.
That reminds me of the time that Mel was Jesus.

Well I for one am very excited to see future research into how “completely stuffed” 90yo’s can have youth “injected into them”, and will redact the author of the studies with a very thick black texta so the source can never be called into question.
Think Mel took the old boy down to Mexico to get jabbed up. Jumping beans are the real deal.

Not to mention if we were going to rest players so they don't get injured in a game (or at training!) we'd need to be resting them all every single week 😜

I like the logic of: I told you that we should have rested Mitchell, Darcy Moore getting injured proves it.

Each loss this season has been the same.
Smashed at clearances with the opposition playing keepings off.

We need to bring that intensity like you mention. Big time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back