Injury 2023 Injury report

Remove this Banner Ad

Think Mel took the old boy down to Mexico to get jabbed up. Jumping beans are the real deal.

I dunno, from what I understand about Mel these days, he might have tried to build a wall between he and Mexico…

Why do I have this inkling feeling that our "injuries" are not all that bad and may even be "elaborated" to disguise the fact that we are resting players for the finals. Just a feeling I have, the antenna is buzzing a little.

It may be somewhat "convenient" that we have late season "injuries" to our three perceived best players. Just a thought!

I'd put a gorilla on Nick being ready for the QF.

We'll have our guns fully pumped with gunpowder ready to explode come finals time, this I am sure of.

Why do I have this inkling feeling that our "injuries" are not all that bad and may even be "elaborated" to disguise the fact that we are resting players for the finals. Just a feeling I have, the antenna is buzzing a little.

It may be somewhat "convenient" that we have late season "injuries" to our three perceived best players. Just a thought!

We'll have our guns fully pumped with gunpowder ready to explode come finals time, this I am sure of.

I admire your optimism...but it's Collingwood and injuries in finals that we're talking about!

I tend to agree. The fact Fly said he'd be pushing for all of our injured to play if it was a grand final says alot.

The gimp would be proud 🥹

The severity of Naicos’ injury is very real. I’d have the likelihood of his return for the QF about even with the likelihood he doesn’t play again this year. At the end of this clip there’s a lad on crutches in plain clothes…

I’m hopeful of course, but we’re not foxing with him and same with Moore. The running on Monday meant nothing I watched him run live at a decent clip exiting the field on Friday night. It also wouldn’t shock me if JDG doesn’t play again in the H&A season.

Assess for Murphy and Kreuger, but Hill, Jordy, Kelly all available.

Jordan De Goey will be available for selection following the glute complaint that kept him out of Friday night’s game against Brisbane. De Goey trained over the weekend and returned to full speed training.

Bobby Hill will be available for selection on Friday night should he get through training this week. Scans have shown there is no damage to his hamstring that kept him out of the game against Brisbane.

Debutant Jakob Ryan is under the concussion protocols following an incident early in Friday night’s clash against Brisbane. Ryan is in the early phase of protocols and will progress to the next phase once he is symptom free.

Nathan Murphy received two knocks during Friday’s clash, one in the second quarter and one in the last term. The knocks have left Murphy with multiple corks in his back and glute region. The defender will be assessed ahead of Round 24.

In the VFL against Southport on Saturday, Nathan Kreuger suffered an impact injury to his shoulder which saw him unable to complete the game. The forward had surgery to the same shoulder preseason this year, however scans have fortunately cleared him of any damage. Kreuger will also be assessed ahead of this weekend’s VFL Wildcard Round match.

Will Kelly was close to playing in Saturday’s VFL clash against Southport following his recovery from an ankle injury. The 23-year-old will be available for selection this weekend after clearing key agility markers in his recovery.

Captain Darcy Moore is making strong progress in his recovery from a hamstring injury sustained during the side’s Round 22 match against Geelong. The Captain is back to around 80-85 per cent running speed and could participate in match simulation in the BYE week before finals. Moore is on track to be available for selection for the first week of finals.

Nick Daicos is off crutches ahead of schedule in his knee injury rehab. The young midfielder has started bike, gym, and pool-based exercises and is expected to start running in the next fortnight. A further update on his return to play timeline will be communicated in the coming weeks.

Defender Charlie Dean has returned to full training and match sim - an exciting milestone in his recovery from a season ending foot injury that has seen him on the long-term injury list.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprised Nick being off crutches and onto a bike is "ahead of schedule" when we don't have him playing until September 15, or even September 22 if we go and do the right thing and win our first final. But good news nonetheless.
Reckon being ahead of schedule would put him at the possibility of playing the first final

Surprised Nick being off crutches and onto a bike is "ahead of schedule" when we don't have him playing until September 15, or even September 22 if we go and do the right thing and win our first final. But good news nonetheless.
A couple of days ahead of schedule is great news if the AFL decides to schedule our second final on a Wednesday. 🤔

A couple of days ahead of schedule is great news if the AFL decides to schedule our second final on a Wednesday. 🤔

I just watched the video rather than just reading the article and you're right, he's only 2-3 days ahead!

I mean, I guess any time ahead of schedule is better than being on schedule or behind schedule. It'd be great if he does push to play the first final.

Seems like Nick might be a chance for our first final. Though they say "start running in the next fortnight". Would need to be fairly early in that fortnight for first final to be an option.

My guess is he'll be touch and go at best for the first final and held over till the second. Would be great if he's back for the first though, coming back with the Prelim as his first game would be tough.

You reckon Nick faked his broken bone and Moore sat out 3/4 of a game to rouse the opposition?

Was De Goey limping and getting physio also part of this plan? It's a conspiracy that goes all the way to the top.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back