Injury 2023 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Dane Rampe

Scans have confirmed that Dane sustained a low-grade calf injury against Essendon on the weekend. He won’t be available for this weekend’s match, and we’ll continue to assess his return to play timeline.

Justin McInerney

Scans have also confirmed that Justin suffered a calf injury late in the match against Essendon. He is expected to miss at least the next three weeks.

Lewis Melican

Lewis’ hamstring rehabilitation is progressing well and he is set to complete full training this week.

McInerney out hurts bad - he'd just been getting back to his best the last few weeks. Rotten luck.

I'm guessing Clarke comes in and we move the magnets around a bit, but Corey Warner and Roberts also both put their hands up in a big way in the VFL. Warner more like-for-like, but Roberts the more exposed AFL form.

Dane Rampe

Scans have confirmed that Dane sustained a low-grade calf injury against Essendon on the weekend. He won’t be available for this weekend’s match, and we’ll continue to assess his return to play timeline.

Justin McInerney

Scans have also confirmed that Justin suffered a calf injury late in the match against Essendon. He is expected to miss at least the next three weeks.

Lewis Melican

Lewis’ hamstring rehabilitation is progressing well and he is set to complete full training this week.

Bloody hell. Calves to the slaughter.

Playing Optus Stadium the week before?
Hopped on bigfooty straight after reading our injury report to post the same query.

And then playing at Marvel the next week

Two concrete slabs with grass on top!
Yeah, in hindsight I think Buddy should have been rested for one of these games. Evidently, not the only player we needed to consider for rest if we're to draw two dud venues in a row.

Learn for next year as there's no way the AFL has the guts or the care to do anything about it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopped on bigfooty straight after reading our injury report to post the same query.

Yeah, in hindsight I think Buddy should have been rested for one of these games. Evidently, not the only player we needed to consider for rest if we're to draw two dud venues in a row.

Learn for next year as there's no way the AFL has the guts or the care to do anything about it!
I wonder if the solution might be to do recovery in Perth rather than flying straight back. I know my calves hate me after a long flight being unstretched.

If you really think that , you have no respect for what we do , he was fit and ready to go

If you really think that , you have no respect for what we do , he was fit and ready to go
Sorry Bedders I'm sure you're a great physio but our medical department isn't perfect like most things in the world...

Sam Reid 2022 grand final, Errol Gulden and Braeden Campbell's stress fractures in 2021 just to name a few.

tHEY SAID THEY WERE FIT , ESPECIALLY MACCA ,it was selfish and that's one of the failings of a loyal Horse
It's not just a Horse thing though. Your mate selected Cyril Rioli in the 2014 GF after he'd been out for over three months. He was probably their worst player. His team won by 63 points so no one remembers it. Luke Hodge another in 2012, came in under an injury cloud, had to come off multiple times, had minimal impact.

At the end of the day if the majority do the job they're supposed to then you can actually afford a few passengers. I blame the majority for our grand final debacles, not the few.

It's not just a Horse thing though. Your mate selected Cyril Rioli in the 2014 GF after he'd been out for over three months. He was probably their worst player. His team won by 63 points so no one remembers it. At the end of the day if the majority do the job they're supposed to then you can actually afford a few passengers.
My mate, what was the 14 GF ! TOTALLY DIFFERENT CIRCUMSTANCES

My mate, what was the 14 GF ! TOTALLY DIFFERENT CIRCUMSTANCES
But they aren't different circumstances.

Both coaches on a Thursday night before the grand final selected players under injury clouds who then had no impact. It's the exact same circumstances, only the outcomes differed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back