Injury 2023 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Apart from the 'Season' injuries, it's not too bad this week....

Was worried about Blakey. Got trainers help a few times and was inconvenienced by a vote problem. Maybe a corky.

No mention of Mills, so assuming he has not done more damage.

Melican - a test for this week
Rampe - hope to build him back to modified training shortly.
McInerney - progressing towards running later this week.

Last edited:
Club update:

DANE RAMPE

Dane Rampe is continuing to progress well from his calf injury. He will be a test to play Adelaide this weekend.

JUSTIN McINERNEY

Justin McInerney has completed a week of strength work as a part of his rehabilitation from a calf strain. He commenced running late last week and we will continue to build up his volumes this week.

JOEL AMARTEY

Joel has had some tightness in his hamstring in recent weeks. He will be monitored by our medical team throughout the week.

Any word on Paps injury? I didn't see him icing his hammy but he did appear to have a limp. Hoping its just a corky.
His injection into the midfield has been critical - fingers crossed he is ok for finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any word on Paps injury? I didn't see him icing his hammy but he did appear to have a limp. Hoping its just a corky.
His injection into the midfield has been critical - fingers crossed he is ok for finals.
Only this from today's presser so far:

“He’s ok. He pulled up well today so he’s still a chance to play this week. He feels pretty good. We’ll see how the week progresses. It would be good to have him in the team and available.”

Only this from today's presser so far:

“He’s ok. He pulled up well today so he’s still a chance to play this week. He feels pretty good. We’ll see how the week progresses. It would be good to have him in the team and available.”
That’s promising. At the very least it sounds like he’ll be back for finals.

It's a joke
This is what has annoyed me most about our club.
So we start speculating.
Did he get caught smoking a joint?
Just tell us what happened FFS.
Ankle? Hand? Flu? Hammy awareness?
Missed training? Tested positive to something? Eye? Offended s team mate?
Just tell us you clowns.

This is what has annoyed me most about our club.
So we start speculating.
Did he get caught smoking a joint?
Just tell us what happened FFS.
Ankle? Hand? Flu? Hammy awareness?
Missed training? Tested positive to something? Eye? Offended s team mate?
Just tell us you clowns.
Didn’t they suggest he injured his calf?

I’d say the no update is a combination of them still assessing the injury and the fact that the VFL season is over which combined with his injury likely means his season is over and therefore a timeline is somewhat moot.

Didn’t they suggest he injured his calf?

I’d say the no update is a combination of them still assessing the injury and the fact that the VFL season is over which combined with his injury likely means his season is over and therefore a timeline is somewhat moot.
You are very generous Masey which is admirable.

They have 60,000 paid up members that wouldn't be too offended or upset if they "sort of told us" why he was a late out the other night.
Forget the rest of the competition, but at the very least tell us that are interested enough to go through the effort to buy memberships, yet again, spending a fortune for 9 of my family to watch a debacle of a Grand Final & leave the ground devastated & embarrassed.

The least they could do is let us know what the problem is with a mid-season draftee who we still hold hopes for, in case he is needed for finals.

His name popped up on the injury list.
The contempt is that there was nothing of value written beside it, as though it's none of our business.
It's very poor information for us considering they could have mentioned the general area where he is injured.

In the meantime I won't rule out some sort of club punishment for an indiscretion off field.

They have 60,000 paid up members that wouldn't be too offended or upset if they "sort of told us" why he was a late out the other night.
Forget the rest of the competition, but at the very least tell us that are interested enough to go through the effort to buy memberships, yet again, spending a fortune for 9 of my family to watch a debacle of a Grand Final & leave the ground devastated & embarrassed.

The least they could do is let us know what the problem is with a mid-season draftee who we still hold hopes for, in case he is needed for finals.

The contempt is that there was nothing of value written beside it, as though it's none of our business.
It's very poor information for us considering they could have mentioned the general area where he is injured.

In the meantime I won't rule out some sort of club punishment for an indiscretion off field.
Doubt that last as he was there amongst the troops smiling and involved. Maybe Horse changed his mind and just decided Francis was the better bet.

Given he was in the race at Adelaide when the boys finished the game I think indiscretion is highly unlikely.

Suspect they don’t know the extent of it or his season is pretty much over and doesn’t really matter.

More important things to get outraged about I think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back