Injury 2023 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully if Mills needed corrective surgery on his hand he gets that done too.

I am not looking forward to learning of surgeries done in November/December.

I thought he had an achilles problem (or am I getting mixed up with someone else) - didn't know about a hand issue.

I thought he had an achilles problem (or am I getting mixed up with someone else) - didn't know about a hand issue.
He does have an Achilles issue but don't know if surgery is the answer. They've been managing it for a long time.
The hand injury was early in the season but I don't know if there was any lasting problem.

players only? Just had steroid injections in my shoulder. Pain free within my range of motion while awake, sleep still hurts, but no constant aching is godly. Best results after a week apparently so more improvement to come hopefully.

That is weird why is it any of our business the timeframe of the injury?

What if they genuinely dont know the recovery timeframe just make it up?

Must’ve got tired of seeing the moaning on this board whenever a player doesn’t come back exactly on the original projected date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Extract from Herald Sun

Compared to others we have a very small injury list.

Lachlan McAndrew – The young ruckman underwent wrist surgery in the break and is currently completing a modified program with a cast. The Swans are hopeful he will back involved fully with training early next year.

Callum Mills – After undergoing an operation for a torn rotator cuff, Mills has been out of his brace for more than a month and has been a keen spectator at Swans training with some very light, non-contact drills. His expected return is still well into the 2024 season.

Joel Amartey – Hamstring injuries have plagued Amartey’s career, so the key forward has been on a modified program to start pre-season to ease him back into the swing of things.

That's not a complete list. Luke Parker and Harry C haven't been fully participating in training. Nor Jack Buller (back issue). (That's based on last week, haven't checked them out so far this week.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back