Game Day 2023 Jack Dyer Medal Live 7pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Yet they drop KMac and Pickett for the final round, both finished higher than Ross lol
As I said the stats sheet doesn't always reflect on the role the players are asked to play.

Also I'm not saying that their form didn't drop away as the year progressed, more that throughout the course of the year in the eyes of the match committee both of them performed the roles asked of them better than what Ross did.

So he gets votes for running and defending when the other mob switch the ball. That explains an awful lot about why we are down south in the comp.
They were comparing players based on possessions, but wings have different roles.

Coaches like players that play structural roles, which is why George got so many games and KMac got more votes than Ross.

They were comparing players based on possessions, but wings have different roles.

Coaches like players that play structural roles, which is why George got so many games and KMac got more votes than Ross.
I understand that, and I guess that is why players that play a role have been so decorated and have been persevered with so long. But we are a middle of the road team, so maybe they have got that a bit wrong in the last few years. Hardwick came back in 2017 with an entirely new attitude of playing with freedom and enjoying your footy. Look at the results. That freedom and enjoyment has reversed since we started losing more than winning. Look at Collingwood under Fly compared to Buckley.

Shows how bad our year was the fact McIntosh can finish in the top ten.

Hopper a real disappointment who would be hoping to launch and be better next season. At the moment, this trade is terrible for us. Would of been amazing to have Pick 6.

Shows how bad our year was the fact McIntosh can finish in the top ten.

Hopper a real disappointment who would be hoping to launch and be better next season. At the moment, this trade is terrible for us. Would of been amazing to have Pick 6.

I’m prepared to cut Hopper some slack given the year was a shocker across the board.

Hopefully a new coach gets him and the team up for next year. Will be some teething problems with a change in game style but hoping the contest/defence first plays to his strengths.

I’m prepared to cut Hopper some slack given the year was a shocker across the board.

Hopefully a new coach gets him and the team up for next year. Will be some teething problems with a change in game style but hoping the contest/defence first plays to his strengths.

Yeah for sure, but I want to see rapid improvement next season. He can play, there is no doubt. I am also confident with Yze as coach from everything I have heard about how he coaches the midfield. Taranto, Hopper and Bolton should all be full time mids, Prestia too. I think we have some depth issues there. Wouldn't mind someone to come in from another club, a pure midfielder.

Yeah for sure, but I want to see rapid improvement next season. He can play, there is no doubt. I am also confident with Yze as coach from everything I have heard about how he coaches the midfield. Taranto, Hopper and Bolton should all be full time mids, Prestia too. I think we have some depth issues there. Wouldn't mind someone to come in from another club, a pure midfielder.

One more quick mid would be ideal. TT, Hopper, Ross, Graham, Prestia aren’t very explosive out of the contest. A mid with some serious wheels would be great

Did anyone go to the JDM last night? what was the vibe like with the Ooze and the players?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did anyone go to the JDM last night? what was the vibe like with the Ooze and the players?
I liked Ooze introduction speech. He is measured and considered in what he says. You can tell he cares about the person. I think the players will thrive under Yze

I went. There was a lot of positivity around but I must say, it went up after Yze spoke. He brings calmness to the room. You just smile when he speaks and there is no fluff. Genuinely great guy. Only shook his hand and said hello and said congratulations, but even that you can see he’s got a great aura about him.

I spoke to two players, one vet, one who made his debut this season. Again, positive. One said to me, the group is so together. Thailand was amazing and the connection between all is great. There is a good dynamic between young and old. On Yze, both were excited and have heard unreal things but dreading Pre Season as Yze told them it would be the hardest one they have ever had. He spoke on standards having to lift at the club and players were hooked.

I did speak to other officials and yeah, got some information on a few things and overall I’m pretty positive but proof will be in the pudding for me.

There was a great vibe there last night. Something I wasn’t really expecting.

Grimes’ speech was not great. He just doesn’t do it for me as a captain.

Clarrie would be nice…? 😂

Clarrie would be nice…? 😂

He’s absolutely a gun. One of the best in he league. But he’s also genuinely ****ed in the head.

We don’t have the assets to make it happen anyway.

We can win trade period by boxing clever. Some smart signings. I’m totally up for Koschitzke, think that is smart. A couple more and we are talking.

I went. There was a lot of positivity around but I must say, it went up after Yze spoke. He brings calmness to the room. You just smile when he speaks and there is no fluff. Genuinely great guy. Only shook his hand and said hello and said congratulations, but even that you can see he’s got a great aura about him.

I spoke to two players, one vet, one who made his debut this season. Again, positive. One said to me, the group is so together. Thailand was amazing and the connection between all is great. There is a good dynamic between young and old. On Yze, both were excited and have heard unreal things but dreading Pre Season as Yze told them it would be the hardest one they have ever had. He spoke on standards having to lift at the club and players were hooked.

I did speak to other officials and yeah, got some information on a few things and overall I’m pretty positive but proof will be in the pudding for me.

Thank you for taking the time to provide that update and insight into the vibe on the night. I like you can tell a lot by reading the room and speaking to people. You do get that immediate sense from Yze when he speaks he is genuine and cares. Looking forward to seeing us improve next year

All really great information thanks TB.

Dusty as Captain is a must, IMO. Wouldn't be upset with Taranto. Need someone who works hard on the track and someone with immediate respect.

Absolutely deflating regarding Lynch though

He is the dumbest campaigner ever.

“Richmond has no players under 24 in their top 10.”

Then uses other clubs players as examples, one thats 24 (Mitch Lewis) others 22 (Rowell, Anderson, Newcombe) so not really that far from his arbitrary benchmark.

If the top ten was all young players, he would be saying it says a lot about our experience.

Plus 4 of our top ten still have half their career left, lets see what he has to say about Geelong when all their top 10 are 30-32 year olds.

That's it i'm convinced, it's time to start panicking, these over the hill players that are going to take us nowhere, they are so old.

“Richmond have Taranto who will be 26 by the time Round 1 comes around, Martin will be 32, Bolton will be 25, Nick Vlaustin will be 29, Dan Rioli will be 26, Liam Baker 26, Noah Balta will be 24 and he was the youngest of the top ten, Prestia is 31, McIntosh is

Five players from our top 10 who will still have at least 6 years playing together.

Cornes really grasping for straws with that one, his argument falls apart if he is including those 5 players i highlighted as grandpa's.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back