General Bombers Talk 2023 Jumper Leaked

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like the 2023 jumpers have leaked.

Pretty plain and simple. Black with a red sash. The horrible red clash is still much the same with a different texture behind it.

6340BACC-B061-4224-B262-8BBFC3144EBE.jpeg D9D55612-6EF5-4DBA-B344-4C5003B184BD.jpeg

Glad to see they’ve kept the red piping on the home jumper.

Even doing what they do in soccer and having a completely different away kit would be better then looking like a bunch of cherry tomatoes.

Black sash on red needs to happen. Change the club constitution. The red on red is an abomination.
Yep. Richmond have the best clash jumper in the league. Old sponsor but the middle one would be perfect:

images (16).jpeg

ill bet there some AFL edict that states a certain % of the jumper colour on a change strip must not be the colour of the main jumper or something so there is too much black in the sash

Except Richmond's is exactly the same but with yellow instead of red, pretty sure it's an EFC thing

I hate the red jumper. I hate it even more than the idea of a black sash.

I'd honestly prefer we played in an away Dreamtime jumper than the red on red clash strip.

For example this is far superior a design.

Essendon-Indig-2021.gif

As is this

Essendon-Indig-2019.gif

Or this

Essendon-Indig-2017.gif

I'd honestly prefer we played in an away Dreamtime jumper than the red on red clash strip.

For example this is far superior a design.

Essendon-Indig-2021.gif
We should just wear our standard jumper for all home and away games. Any variations should be for a cause, and that cause should not be AFL pandering. So if they decide that we're going to clash with St Kilda every year, then our game against St Kilda should be for a cause. Then wear the cause jumper and auction the things in support of that cause afterwards.

St Kilda is, fwiw, one of the stupidest "clash" problems in the first place. No matter what we do with red and black, they're still gonna have red and black on their jumpers. And making us wear white shorts against a team in a tricolour that also features white just makes it worse.

We should just wear our standard jumper for all home and away games. Any variations should be for a cause, and that cause should not be AFL pandering. So if they decide that we're going to clash with St Kilda every year, then our game against St Kilda should be for a cause. Then wear the cause jumper and auction the things in support of that cause afterwards.

St Kilda is, fwiw, one of the stupidest "clash" problems in the first place. No matter what we do with red and black, they're still gonna have red and black on their jumpers. And making us wear white shorts against a team in a tricolour that also features white just makes it worse.

Who do we actually have clashes with?

A fair chunk of the league isn't a problem anyway is it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we always wear our normal top and black shorts and they wear white shorts it should hardly be a clash. It’s like how geelong and collingwood will always been similar but if you always put geelong in white shorts and collingwood in black it’s okay, when you start swapping them around it gets challenging to tell them apart.

Shouldn't need it against the bottom 3.

Carlton, Collingwood, Richmond, Melbourne, Port and St. Kilda the only ones that really need to.
I couldn't find any examples of a clash being used against Carlton or Collingwood (neither us wearing red or them wearing white/baby blue/pink).

Melbourne I forgot to check:

den_6160-2263194357.jpg

I couldn't find any examples of a clash being used against Carlton or Collingwood (neither us wearing red or them wearing white/baby blue/pink).

Melbourne I forgot to check:

View attachment 1554476
Collingwood usually use the white base against us.

Except Richmond's is exactly the same but with yellow instead of red, pretty sure it's an EFC thing
Perhaps I’m remembering incorrectly here but isn’t the issue that red is classified as a dark colour?

Of course it makes perfect sense that if reversing the colours works for Richmond then it should for us too, but I swear I remember something of this nature being a roadblock.

Perhaps I’m remembering incorrectly here but isn’t the issue that red is classified as a dark colour?

Of course it makes perfect sense that if reversing the colours works for Richmond then it should for us too, but I swear I remember something of this nature being a roadblock.
Yeah it was classified as a dark colour when we had fat sash which led to that grey pyjamas situation because apparently dark grey isn't dark.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back