General Bombers Talk 2023 Jumper Leaked

Remove this Banner Ad

Except for a couple of teams in the league, clashes aren’t an issue IMO. More and more people are watching in HD and that will become 4K as a standard at some point. Hell even in the 90s on CRTs it wasn’t difficult to tell Bombers from Blues or Saints.

It’s more about their merchandising opportunities than anything.

Except for a couple of teams in the league, clashes aren’t an issue IMO. More and more people are watching in HD and that will become 4K as a standard at some point. Hell even in the 90s on CRTs it wasn’t difficult to tell Bombers from Blues or Saints.

It’s more about their merchandising opportunities than anything.
I really hate clashing jerseys

Just creates mental load that is unnecessary

EFC should be aiming to create a clash strip that is as simple and iconic as our home strip, and then they should never change it

As an aside I really REALLY hate NRL jumpers with all their advertising and stupid design touches

Why not white with a red sash bordered by black?

View attachment 1555877

Still has a red sash, the black borders distinguish it from the Sydney heritage one, and it's aesthetic.

Win-win.
Yeah that actually looks a bit better
Maybe a light grey instead of white

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

View attachment 1555877

Still has a red sash, the black borders distinguish it from the Sydney heritage one, and it's aesthetic.

Win-win.
I honestly wonder how it would look if you made the white part red, and thickened the black lines and thinned the sash so they are all the same.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about 2 or 3 red sashes with an inch black sash in between. Just whatever it takes to meet the minimum.

I’m one of the few who likes the red kit. I think we should go full red with red shorts too.

And I’d like to see a full white kit, something like this, as a third kit.

View attachment 1555877

Win-win.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

Just to be clear, there is NOTHING in the constitution stipulating we must have a red sash on a clash jumper.

The constitution states that we will always wear black with a red sash, subject to AFL direction.

If the AFL directs us to wear an alternate strip, it can be any colour or design we want. The constitution does not specify a red sash.

The club has CHOSEN to retain the red sash on all of our clash strips.

The red sash is the most enduring symbol and constant of the club (other than the name Essendon), having first appeared in 1877. It pre-dates any logo, nickname, league, venue or anything else associated with the club. It’s been worn in every competitive match since 1877.

Therefore the club has chosen to retain it for all matches. Personally I like that, but it’s not required by the constitution.

Looks like the Dreamtime and ANZAC guernseys have leaked, too.

And the Dreamtime one is unbelievably sexy.

FiYvWQqacAEg__7
FiYvW_qaAAEtXYL

ANZAC Day:

Fh42xXCakAAMAdV

Fh42yXzacAARau3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back