List Mgmt. 2023 List Management and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rendell told the story that he went to Craig after that draft and said yes found him a replacement tagged. Neil says to him, ‘we’re not going to be using one going forward’ and Rendell reckons he did the, ‘well, it’d have been nice if you’d told me’.
Good teams don’t tag.

I think it’s fair to question intel when it doesn’t really make sense. If C2C says that he spoke to Petty personally and clarified the street, then fair enough, but even then why would the player himself mention that to a stranger yet?

Pile-ons aren’t at all necessary for instances such as the guy in the McAdam thread, though
Agree. There's always going to be some healthy skepticism given the history of 'intel' on BF boards around this time.

My favourite one will always be a well known, nay infamous poster, claiming to have intel after having dinner with Beau Waters' mum. Said poster eventually got the sh!ts and went and supported Carlton for a bit, and now is back and has 3+ aliases.

Off season on BF is serious business.

But I love it all the same. :)

Last edited:
Agree. There's always going to be some healthy skeptisism given the history of 'intel' on BF boards around this time.

My favourite one will always be a well known, nay infamous poster claiming to have intel after having dinner with Beau Waters' mum. Said poster eventually got the sh!ts and went and supported Carlton for a bit, and now is back and has 3+ aliases.

There's nothing that quite compares to the fun and frivolity of the football "silly season".

Agree. There's always going to be some healthy skeptisism given the history of 'intel' on BF boards around this time.

My favourite one will always be a well known, nay infamous poster claiming to have intel after having dinner with Beau Waters' mum. Said poster eventually got the sh!ts and went and supported Carlton for a bit, and now is back and has 3+ aliases.

So if he has 3 aliases and Alex has about 10 there is actually only about 20 of us on here!!

Well, I don't recall drafting Curnow. This from Wiki...

He was drafted to the AFL by the Adelaide Football Club with its third selection in the 2008 AFL Rookie Draft (#40 overall), however he did not play a senior game for the Crows. He spent the 2008 season playing with Glenelg, his allocated SANFL club,[5] and was delisted by the Crows after one season.[1]

Damn! He'd be pretty handy in Crows colours now.

Not only that, great talent evaluator Matty Rendell cautioned the club publicly against letting him go saying we’d come to regret it

Adelaide had Ed Curnow, not Charlie Curnow. I think you're getting the two players confused.

Ed has remarkably eked out a 221 game career at Carlton (and still counting), but he's never been anything remarkable as a player - and honestly, I don't see any reason for Adelaide regretting their decision to cut him loose.

Charlie, on the other hand, is a 2x Coleman Medal winner, and an absolute gun player.

Only Vader could see no harm in cutting a 221 game player from the rookie list

Wonder if you’ve ever seen him play

The pile on crow2crow is why I can’t stand this board sometimes. Someone comes with intel and people just get rude. This is why we never get any juicy rumours (which actually makes the board interesting for once) — because everyone is too scared of the condescending backlash. pull your heads in or get lost.

With intel? 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

The pile on crow2crow is why I can’t stand this board sometimes. Someone comes with intel and people just get rude. This is why we never get any juicy rumours (which actually makes the board interesting for once) — because everyone is too scared of the condescending backlash. pull your heads in or get lost.
2 posters is a pile on?

Only Vader could see no harm in cutting a 221 game player from the rookie list

Wonder if you’ve ever seen him play

What is 221 games at Carlton equal to when converted to games at a good successful club?

Given we seem likely to lose Doedee, McAdam and have Murray and Schoenberg out for long term I don’t we put up any other best 25 - so Murphy safe

Scholl and McHenry maybe. I think McHenry would definitely have takers in Vic

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Sholl has zero trade value

Mchenry - maybe , but not much

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it’s fair to question intel when it doesn’t really make sense. If C2C says that he spoke to Petty personally and clarified the street, then fair enough, but even then why would the player himself mention that to a stranger yet?

Pile-ons aren’t at all necessary for instances such as the guy in the McAdam thread, though
So who decides when to pile-on ? .....just take the info in the same vein as all the other talk ....you know, Petty, Cox, Chol, Hayward, Redman, and the other players discussed as if they're already on the plane to ADEL

No-one has the right to determine who's right or wrong

Rendell told the story that he went to Craig after that draft and said he's found him a replacement tagger. Neil says to him, ‘we’re not going to be using one going forward’ and Rendell reckons he did the, ‘well, it’d have been nice if you’d told me’.

Why would you draft a player mostly on their tagging ability?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back