List Mgmt. 2023 List Management thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod notice after Mr Bob did a lot of annoying work in moving days of posts out of here. As we are heading into offseason, this thread is for 2023 list management only. Getting upset on previous trades can be taken to the vent thread. Lets keep this thread on track in the part of the year it's actually relevant

Last edited:
How’s Cornes suggesting we trade Darcy for ‘a first round pick’ because Jackson is a “ruckman” and Brayshaw and Serong need the help. Hello dickhead, we have two first round mids already who can’t get a consistent spot in the team. What a ******* stupid flog.
You know Kane is a like a dog with a bone once he gets an idea or strategy in his head.

Especially with his 25 media gigs he will be worse then Suma about that. Whenever Darcy or Jackson have a shocker he will demand Darcy be traded as Jackson is a ruckman.

Hope his tie business is going well because I don't think he'll be getting paid to play footy next year

Disagree, he’ll definitely be on an afl list. He just needs to get faster, fitter and stronger. Kicking depth needs work. He’s got skills and tools to be an afl player just isn’t there as a power athlete.

How’s Cornes suggesting we trade Darcy for ‘a first round pick’ because Jackson is a “ruckman” and Brayshaw and Serong need the help. Hello dickhead, we have two first round mids already who can’t get a consistent spot in the team. What a ******* stupid flog.
Jackson is a unicorn. You don’t tie a unicorn to one position otherwise they become a horse. Kane should know this being an ass himself.

We wouldn’t have gone for the salary dump with Brodie if we kept Cerra so instead of 7,10 and 21 we’d just have 10. So we don’t have either Amiss or Johnson. With the way those two are looking, Cerra is going to be the greatest draft pick in club history…
Certainly up there and probably leading the pack. Other contenders are:

Weller -> Andy
Mayne -> Hill -> Serong

Turning Mayne into Serong is handy as well, especially since we got good service from him and Hill on the way.

You know Kane is a like a dog with a bone once he gets an idea or strategy in his head.

Especially with his 25 media gigs he will be worse then Suma about that. Whenever Darcy or Jackson have a shocker he will demand Darcy be traded as Jackson is a ruckman.
I agreed with him pre-trade but Jackson has clearly shown he can excel elsewhere on the ground (although I do agree he looks best around the ball). I think at this point you have to concede that its likely we find a way to make this work.

To be fair to Cornes, he'll admit he is wrong when Jackson gets nominated AA with Darcy in the team.

Disagree, he’ll definitely be on an afl list. He just needs to get faster, fitter and stronger. Kicking depth needs work. He’s got skills and tools to be an afl player just isn’t there as a power athlete.

I agree with your second and third sentences. He just needs to get way better at pretty much every aspect of footy and then he'll be a gun...

I think he is too slow to be a pressure forward, but most importantly his skills are not elite.
Walters isn’t fast, and is slowing down but still finds the ball.
Highly skilled and that is what Henry can do.
Now we have the 3 talls they will bring the smalls into the game.
Once Henry get used to the speed and the fact AFL players are not mugs.
You don’t have time and space to be too clever. Keep your feet, rove and
tackle, it will click let’s just hope it is with us?

Can we just reflect for a moment, how much the vent thread would be getting a work out if we didn't take Amiss at 8 and Richmond stole him?

Reckon that would have broken most of us.
Man, what a buzz killing thought!

That’s exactly what early Freo would have done.

And then if Jackson were to get injured we would be left with unproven ruckmen in the WAFL and effectively would be like WC. Also as one of the best big men Darcy would get more than 1 first round pick.

Walters isn’t fast, and is slowing down but still finds the ball.
Highly skilled and that is what Henry can do.
Now we have the 3 talls they will bring the smalls into the game.
Once Henry get used to the speed and the fact AFL players are not mugs.
You don’t have time and space to be too clever. Keep your feet, rove and
tackle, it will click let’s just hope it is with us?

The important distinction is Walters has natural forward craft and elite finishing skills. Henry is not a natural forward and his ability to finish is limited by the poor depth on his kicking.

A post above said he just needs to get quicker, bigger, stronger, kick further. But you can't just magically get faster and kick further.

I think Henry's future as an AFL player is as a Gaff type player. Keep improving his endurance and deliver little chip kicks that need a weight of numbers (i.e. 30 touches) to be worthwhile overall. Don't see that being too useful for our side, but another side might give him a go.

The important distinction is Walters has natural forward craft and elite finishing skills. Henry is not a natural forward and his ability to finish is limited by the poor depth on his kicking.

A post above said he just needs to get quicker, bigger, stronger, kick further. But you can't just magically get faster and kick further.

I think Henry's future as an AFL player is as a Gaff type player. Keep improving his endurance and deliver little chip kicks that need a weight of numbers (i.e. 30 touches) to be worthwhile overall. Don't see that being too useful for our side, but another side might give him a go.
I agree he's a fatside winger or bust.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it is funny how reactive afl media in general is, play 2 and a half quarters without darcy and it kinda works but not really and so we should immediately sell him to the highest bidder.

Jackson was one of the best on the ground as a midfielder before Darcy went off. Not to mention the multiple times this year he’s made significant impact as a forward.

If Darcy was to leave next year I’d recruit another ruckman so Jackson can continue playing the role he is.

Like usual, Cornes doesn't know what he's on about.

On 'The Round So Far', he said trade Darcy to bring in a midfielder. Notwithstanding the fact that Johnson & Erasmus are emerging as you've noted, Jackson IS the 200cm midfielder. He just also happens to be an excellent ruck and can kick goals. He's the ultimate utility player and we are VERY lucky to have him. His ability to play multiple roles means that we effectively have spare list spots to strengthen other areas of our list. This is the bit that Cornes doesn't understand. Why would we pigeonhole Jackson into the main ruck role? That flexibility could be the difference between us winning a premiership or not with this group.

Darcy's a jet in his own right and is the lynchpin of our midfield. Jackson isn't competing for Darcy's spot, he's complimenting Darcy. They're going to dominate together for the next decade and are a massive point of difference against most sides bar maybe Melbourne.

Cornes has rocks in his head. He should spend more of his time trying to convince the footy public that his best mate Ken Hinkley is the greatest coach in the world and deserves a 10 year extension.

Last edited:
I would say Cornes is a manipulative little campaigner rather than dumb. He knows Freo supporters will be up and about this morning seeking out some media on their team so he makes an outrageous comment to gain some attention. It's almost like he does it to a deadline every Sunday morning.

And then if Jackson were to get injured we would be left with unproven ruckmen in the WAFL and effectively would be like WC. Also as one of the best big men Darcy would get more than 1 first round pick.
This was the most annoying thing, said like we would be happy to get anything in the first round! Well I’m not trading him if I’m Freo and if a demand was made it’s a low first plus at least a future 2nd.

Can we just reflect for a moment, how much the vent thread would be getting a work out if we didn't take Amiss at 8 and Richmond stole him?

Reckon that would have broken most of us.
Oh god yes. My cuz and I watched the draft and were nervous as hell we wouldn’t take him. Gives me shivers just thinking about it!

I’ve posted before that Cornes seems obsessed with our ruck combination but mute re Gawn and Grundy. Two #1 rucks who’s team is not travelling as well as many say they should. WTF?

Jackson can play ruck, he can play forward but he is a midfielder.

A match winning midfielder.

Sean Darcy is a very different player and they work together wonderfully.

Sign Sean Darcy to a five year extension, then the off season can discuss what he is worth in trade.

I generally don’t mind Kane and once upon a time he would admit when he was wrong but his doubling down here smacks of utter flogness aka David king.

I mean it was only last week that BOTH dominated the game and Riley beveridge even brought up Jackson’s goal haul last 2 weeks and all he could mutter was “yea I don’t know ..he’s ruckman”
🤦‍♂️

I’ve posted before that Cornes seems obsessed with our ruck combination but mute re Gawn and Grundy. Two #1 rucks who’s team is not travelling as well as many say they should. WTF?
Cornes made comments early on that the Darcy/Jackson combo wouldn’t work and he is basically and stubbornly doubling down on those predictions. As Taylor has alluded to Jackson has the ability to fill many hats incl. ruck, ruck rover, mobile forward/half forward. Darcy is a decent tall forward/resting ruck but different to Jackson as a forward. They took a few weeks tow sort their cohesive mojo. He failed to comment that they had played well together for the proceeding 3-4 weeks and also Jackson was looking dangerous as a ruck rover when Darcy was rucking. One thing is sure he will persist with this view.

As for Melbourne I agree with him that they will be fine. They have lost last two games by very small margin. Could easily of beaten Port last weekend and Oliver clearly hampered. I think Gawn and Grundy are doing quite fine.

As for Melbourne I agree with him that they will be fine. They have lost last two games by very small margin. Could easily of beaten Port last weekend and Oliver clearly hampered. I think Gawn and Grundy are doing quite fine.
Dees look a step behind the top 2 to me. Their only win of note was against the Dogs but that was round 1 before they got going.

Like Geelong, they are experienced enough to put bad sides to the sword but struggle to get over decent sides.

Port's % I think indicates where they sit as well.

Basically, I only rate the top 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back