List Mgmt. 2023 List Management thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod notice after Mr Bob did a lot of annoying work in moving days of posts out of here. As we are heading into offseason, this thread is for 2023 list management only. Getting upset on previous trades can be taken to the vent thread. Lets keep this thread on track in the part of the year it's actually relevant

Last edited:
Tucker for 40 is highway robbery. So that definitely tips it into respectable territory.
That is my point. He was a genuine steak knives for mine. The real deal was Logue. Consider it end of first round. Still slightly under for Logue but not as bad as those have made out. Tucker is a goodwill late third/fourth round type deal. Like what we paid for Kersten, Corbett or Trav Colyer for eg. You just facilitate the trade and a pick around late 50’s is done to help him across. Freo wanted his salary off the books after signing him the year earlier.

Happy to be corrected but majority of those two first deals didn’t involve a top 10 pick.

I think pick 6(8) and a good second (around 25) would have been par. Even in those deals with top 10 and a mid 20’s pick something has gone back the other way.

I agree that it was unders. No way Carlton give us 6, F1 and get a F2 back. No chance in hell. We were driving hard for F2 but they obviously threw around pre-season draft threat.
Shiel and Treloar (two top 10 picks I think) both involved top 10 picks but maybe Shiel wasnt a top 10 pick the year traded.

Honestly, how the **** Collingwood put together this list is beyond me all the horrible things hey've done over the years. The benefit of three nearly 4 AA F/S's / NGAs I suppose

Yeah, probably not Lobb but no way should we have got a future 3rd and future 2nd for Acres and Logue.
When the Vic media comes out with "trade of the year" headlines for the Acres deal, that means we have been royally sc##wed.
We only had Acres because Belly got him thrown in with the Hill deal. We were maybe 5-10 draft spots off his value but no contract so we had zero leverage.

The Meek trade looking better 12 months on as he hasn't gone on with it with more opportunity.

We do fine at the trade table these days. We barely have a miss in the draft so have excess players and need to move some to create space or bring someone in. I'd much rather be doing it this way than our old way of just delisting every 2nd player because they are not AFL standard.

We only had Acres because Belly got him thrown in with the Hill deal. We were maybe 5-10 draft spots off his value but no contract so we had zero leverage.

The Meek trade looking better 12 months on as he hasn't gone on with it with more opportunity.

We do fine at the trade table these days. We barely have a miss in the draft so have excess players and need to move some to create space or bring someone in. I'd much rather be doing it this way than our old way of just delisting every 2nd player because they are not AFL standard.
I'd say we have improved in general on Pick 6, 8, Sinclair and 37 for Peter Bell but still not good

We were wined, dined and absolutely ****ed from behind in the cerra deal

We just lucked out with amiss to feel some small bit of redemption

Really.

we had a player who didn’t want to be with us and nominated a specific club.

we turned that into Jye Amiss and the salary we saved take your pick…..we extended Serong & Brayshaw and took the salary hit on Brodie (which netted us Johnson) - all of this easier without the Cerra cash.

I think we did OK with the cards dealt.

we had a player who didn’t want to be with us and nominated a specific club.
I think you'll find that's 99% of players who leave their clubs...

We got royally ****ed with the compo, we did well with what we got in return and that's why it doesn't sting but we still got absolutely jipped

I'd say we have improved in general on Pick 6, 8, Sinclair and 37 for Peter Bell but still not good
To confirm it would involve a long and torturous look into the past 10 years to see the difference since Belly arrived but it will take too long so I just summarized his win / loss record since he got here in trade week.

2018 - New in the job, got fleeced due to Hogan failing. Fine on paper at the time, if a great player leaving is ever fine.
2019 - Made out like bandits thanks to Hill leaving, Langdon was unavoidable but used currency to get up the board and secure 3 top 10 kids. 2/3 A graders, plus Acres + Aish.
2020 - Bad since all we did is clean up 2018 mess & trade Hogan for nothing. Not very active.
2021 - Great, got ok deal for Cerra which turned into Amiss, plus the Brodie trade + Johnson.
2022 - Ok, lost a lot of older players but brought in an A grader. I'm calling it a small win rather than a loss thanks to Jackson & what he is going to bring us in the future. Our depth has been fine without those traded even if we took a step backwards at the start of the year.

I'm calling it 3 - 2 record with a percentage of 94% thanks to the flogging we got when he had been in the job for 5 minutes.

I think you'll find that's 99% of players who leave their clubs...

We got royally ****ed with the compo, we did well with what we got in return and that's why it doesn't sting but we still got absolutely jipped
Cerra was playing for Carlton.…deal had to get done.

Amiss is a great get - local goal kicking key forward - unders but I wouldn’t call it a rooting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're missing the point still

We did well with what we got but we still got massive unders

I think you are overrating what an out of contract Cerra was worth. We could have pushed the 3rd rounder to a 2nd rounder or maybe even better if he was contracted, but pick 6 and a third rounder was fair market value

To confirm it would involve a long and torturous look into the past 10 years to see the difference since Belly arrived but it will take too long so I just summarized his win / loss record since he got here in trade week.

2018 - New in the job, got fleeced due to Hogan failing. Fine on paper at the time, if a great player leaving is ever fine.
2019 - Made out like bandits thanks to Hill leaving, Langdon was unavoidable but used currency to get up the board and secure 3 top 10 kids. 2/3 A graders, plus Acres + Aish.
2020 - Bad since all we did is clean up 2018 mess & trade Hogan for nothing. Not very active.
2021 - Great, got ok deal for Cerra which turned into Amiss, plus the Brodie trade + Johnson.
2022 - Ok, lost a lot of older players but brought in an A grader. I'm calling it a small win rather than a loss thanks to Jackson & what he is going to bring us in the future. Our depth has been fine without those traded even if we took a step backwards at the start of the year.

I'm calling it 3 - 2 record with a percentage of 94% thanks to the flogging we got when he had been in the job for 5 minutes.
Ok, i finished it.

5 years prior before Bell

2013 - Mitchie for Gumbleton. Broke even with nothing but tried to get Pav help.
2014 - No trades. Calling it a loss for not improving your list after going out in straight sets.
2015 - Loss, brought in Harley Bennell for hindsight overs and spent the whole trade period trying to get McCarthy. GWS saved us with the deal they left on the table.
2016 - Massive win, McCarthy trade set-up the current group plus turned Mayne into Hill.
2017 - Massive win, Weller for Brayshaw.

2 - 2 - 1 with a percentage of 115%.

You're missing the point still

We did well with what we got but we still got massive unders

I’m not missing your point, I don’t agree with your point.

If he was under contract- sure. OOC and going to a nominated club ….you’re not getting much more.

Like Jackson.
You don’t think Luke wouldn’t have stayed at Melbourne if a deal couldn’t been done?

Cerra was gone, we had to get Luke here.

Ultimately Carlton had the PSD for Cerra, Melbourne had finals footy for Luke.

You don’t think Luke wouldn’t have stayed at Melbourne if a deal couldn’t been done?

Cerra was gone, we had to get Luke here.

Ultimately Carlton had the PSD for Cerra, Melbourne had finals footy for Luke.

No I think Jackson was coming to WA and to freo no matter what

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back