List Mgmt. 2023 List Management thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod notice after Mr Bob did a lot of annoying work in moving days of posts out of here. As we are heading into offseason, this thread is for 2023 list management only. Getting upset on previous trades can be taken to the vent thread. Lets keep this thread on track in the part of the year it's actually relevant

Last edited:
11 wouldn't move the needle for us though.

Wouldn't even start the conversation for me.

Are we seriously considering Darcy is contemplating joining a team that is years away from playing finals (let alone winning finals).

Just can't see any scenario where it is not re-sign or head to a competitive team like a Geelong.

You don’t think Luke wouldn’t have stayed at Melbourne if a deal couldn’t been done?

Cerra was gone, we had to get Luke here.

Ultimately Carlton had the PSD for Cerra, Melbourne had finals footy for Luke.
What?

Dogga wanted to come home and it was only to Freo, he had an offer from Melbourne, he didn't want to be there anymore

There was a good article about this the other week it's exactly the same situation as cerra

Wouldn't even start the conversation for me.

Are we seriously considering Darcy is contemplating joining a team that is years away from playing finals (let alone winning finals).

Just can't see any scenario where it is not re-sign or head to a competitive team like a Geelong.
I think it is fairly obvious that the only way North could attract anyone good is by backing the truck up. They have nothing else to offer in the short term. Even having Clarko has lost its shine.

So with the new CBA you'd be expecting some ridiculous $1.3m x 7 offer if this has legs, which I don't think it does.

And yeah, I'd expect Walls to hang up if they tried to offer 11 as a starting point.

What?

Dogga wanted to come home and it was only to Freo, he had an offer from Melbourne, he didn't want to be there anymore

There was a good article about this the other week it's exactly the same situation as cerra

Freo was strongly preferred....he did meet with WC.

Cerra met with no one other than Carlton.

Oh and big difference - Jackson is far, far more valuable than Cerra.

I swear on my life as a Suma and Hackdorn apprentice, he was never ever going anywhere but Freo. Cerra was always widely reported as meeting and "being very impressed" with Melbourne by the way

It's true...

Lol - you can't know ....he wanted to come home - absolutely.

If we couldn't get a deal done and Melbourne stuck to their guns - threat of trade to WC or stay with a very successful Melbourne wouldn't have come into play?

Anyway it is ok to disagree- you guys can't always be right.

I swear on my life as a Suma and Hackdorn apprentice, he was never ever going anywhere but Freo. Cerra was always widely reported as meeting and "being very impressed" with Melbourne by the way

I still think hey want to stick around and win another flag with us is probably being a little understated here.

Sounds much better than ....we're hopeful of playing finals.

ok after wasting a lot of time talking about Cox to Adelaide are we really going to go through this again with Darcy to North now?
We've already settled on Henry going for pick 30 25 20 teens a top 10 pick at least, need something new to talk about

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still think hey want to stick around and win another flag with us is probably being a little understated here.

Sounds much better than ....we're hopeful of playing finals.
I think if you ever meet the Jackson clan you'll understand they had less of a chance keeping him then us keeping Cerra, and we all saw Cerra's face on draft night

ok after wasting a lot of time talking about Cox to Adelaide are we really going to go through this again with Darcy to North now?

We're all Trade Radio wannabes at the end of the day

I think if you ever meet the Jackson clan you'll understand they had less of a chance keeping him then us keeping Cerra, and we all saw Cerra's face on draft night
Then why not offer 1 first round pick?

We either thought he's a generational talent and we want this deal done before he changes his mind or another party gets in his ear.

Or we're just very generous about being fair.

Which one is more likely accurate?

Shiel and Treloar (two top 10 picks I think) both involved top 10 picks but maybe Shiel wasnt a top 10 pick the year traded.

Honestly, how the * Collingwood put together this list is beyond me all the horrible things hey've done over the years. The benefit of three nearly 4 AA F/S's / NGAs I suppose
Apart from Hawthorn, most of premiership have gone to teams with father son picks or academy players.

It’s a massive difference, what people don’t understand that the system has two discounts. Higher picks are 30-50% discount in points and the team a further 30% discount.

Getting Daicos for much second picks is criminal.

It was always Freo, he met with wce out of courtesy

Cerra met with Melbourne, there was literally a doco following it...

Then why not offer 1 first round pick?

We either thought he's a generational talent and we want this deal done before he changes his mind or another party gets in his ear.

Or we're just very generous about being fair.

Which one is more likely accurate?
Probably a combination of arrogance, ineptitude and yes, being too nice

Why is everyone focused and n whether Luke Jackson would have or wouldn’t have come home and bot on the real argument that he’s far more valuable than Cerra?
I don’t understand the logic of saying we got “massive unders” for admittedly very good but also run of the mill midfielder that is not a regular game changer.
Is anyone actually suggesting Cerra is worth the same as Chris Judd or Luke Jackson?

It was always Freo, he met with wce out of courtesy

Cerra met with Melbourne, there was literally a doco following it...

I stand corrected on the Melb meeting.

The chance of Luke backing out or going elsewhere would justify the price we paid.

Your position apoears to be we're either super generous or completely stupid.

No such thing as a done deal.

To the original point Cerra & Jackson are not directly comparable - LJ far more valuable coming from a premiership now team and we had other plans if we could move Cerra early.

Wow.
Seems everyone meets the Hawks and Sam Mitchell, then tells them to get ducked.

full
It's like when you audition for a play or musical in high school.

"We had a lot of great auditions, and we would pick everyone if we had the choice! But we can only select a few lucky people."

Apart from Hawthorn, most of premiership have gone to teams with father son picks or academy players.

It’s a massive difference, what people don’t understand that the system has two discounts. Higher picks are 30-50% discount in points and the team a further 30% discount.

Getting Daicos for much second picks is criminal.
People choose how they want. It's probably based on like/dislike principle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back