List Mgmt. 2023 List Management thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod notice after Mr Bob did a lot of annoying work in moving days of posts out of here. As we are heading into offseason, this thread is for 2023 list management only. Getting upset on previous trades can be taken to the vent thread. Lets keep this thread on track in the part of the year it's actually relevant

Last edited:
Naughton makes more sense as we've just put some effort in with medium forwards with Emmett and Corbett plus Fyfe playing there.
I'd just consider Georgiades a KPF tbh. He's certainly a smaller KPF though.

I agree with other posters on here that we perhaps lack bigger KPFs but at the same time think that Amiss, Georgiades and whoever is resting out of Darcy and Jackson could work rather well.

Naughton is contracted until the end of 2024. If we try and get him this year he's going to cost a fortune. (In both picks and salary). Doesn't automatically mean we won't try but geez, the Dogs will want pretty bloody good compensation for him.
I could understand if he wanted to return home and be with family and friends. As a doggies supporter i would be shattered if he left but we do have a father/son 199cm key forward in Jordan Croft in this year’s draft

Naughton comes out of contract a year too early for free agency, which could be highly valuable to the Dogs.

If I were Aaron I'd be extending for one year on the same sort of $750,000 cash - perhaps front loading some into this year or next (he is out of contract end of 2024) and then getting a big deal for the rest of his career as a free agent end of 2025.

But to sign him long term now and forgo those free agency rights leverage bucks it would need to be seven or eight years.

I could understand if he wanted to return home and be with family and friends. As a doggies supporter i would be shattered if he left but we do have a father/son 199cm key forward in Jordan Croft in this year’s draft
I appreciate the Naughton pragmatism but holy s**t if your club is not had the most unbelievable luck with regards to "free" KPFs

Georgiades we could afford comfortably I think but not really the type of forward where I think would be worth it for our list.
I reckon he is. Medium tall but not far off KPF. A good compliment to JT and Amiss.

Naughton I doubt is a chance. Possibly we could have a crack end of 2024.

I’d imagine Bell is referring to free agents and prob free agents that we wouldn’t ordinarily expect because they aren’t from WA for eg.

How the **** would we have draft currency for Naughton after paying out the arse for Jackson
That was my first thought. We'd have to give up a notable player to move Naughton this year. Even then, why are Dogs doing that in their window?

I agree with Snuff that Georgiades probably isn't the right guy for us but dude can play.

I reckon he is. Medium tall but not far off KPF. A good compliment to JT and Amiss.

I’d imagine Bell is referring to free agents and prob free agents that we wouldn’t ordinarily expect because they aren’t from WA for eg.
Because i think we want to use Jackson all around the ground (and definitely not a true number 1 KPF like a Tabs / Hawkins), I dont think Georgiades/Amiss/Treacy are ideal in that role

Daniels doesn't usually say something unless he's got locked-in sources as well, know this sounds a bit naff - but I don't want them for the cost they would deservedly go for.

Unless Naughton runs with the go-home factor, but wasn't he from Rocko anyway?

If Fremantle were to lose a tall player under contract to a club with a top five pick then I expect Naughton could come into the picture with the value.

The issue is that Fremantle losing Cox to Adelaide for pick #4 wouldn't be considered fair value by the media in Victoria for Naughton (also under contract).

They'll think #4 and our future 1st for Naughton is the price.

That's just how it goes. Even if Cox has an AA year and is offered $850,000 a year for five years.

Oh, maybe we could swindle pick #4, their future first for Cox and North's second round pick.

I'd agree, feels like just one of the other disadvantages we have to deal with, fishbowl state with footy mad public. They probably get an added advantage over Sydney where the cost of living is lower is as well. Brisbane seem to get the best of all worlds
Considering they were complete arse for a bit at one point, you have to commend them for working out their strengths and going for it.

I Suspect Tasmania will be very similar if they get their ducks in a row.

Lets get peak Modra. That would finish us off nicely.
Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Fremantle were to lose a tall player under contract to a club with a top five pick then I expect Naughton could come into the picture with the value.

The issue is that Fremantle losing Cox to Adelaide for pick #4 wouldn't be considered fair value by the media in Victoria for Naughton (also under contract).

They'll think #4 and our future 1st for Naughton is the price.

That's just how it goes. Even if Cox has an AA year and is offered $850,000 a year for five years.

Oh, maybe we could swindle pick #4, their future first for Cox and North's second round pick.
It would give you a top 4 fowardline (not no.1) and we have no replacement for Cox given we got rid of Logue. I don't like that gamble.

It would give you a top 4 fowardline (not no.1) and we have no replacement for Cox given we got rid of Logue. I don't like that gamble.

The irony that we wouldn't have taken Naughton because he was a tall defender at the draft (even though some of us thought his marking would work as a forward *mentally fist bumps salim malik *) since we had surplus tall defenders on our list already, needing tall forwards and midfielders, and then when Naughton comes back as a forward we have bulk surplus forwards and need a key defender.

The irony that we wouldn't have taken Naughton because he was a tall defender at the draft (even though some of us thought his marking would work as a forward *mentally fist bumps salim malik *) since we had surplus tall defenders on our list already, needing tall forwards and midfielders, and then when Naughton comes back as a forward we have bulk surplus forwards and need a key defender.
It is the dockery way.

I think one of Amiss or Treacy should be playing every week. Maybe both when Tabs is injured.

I suppose the issue is finding that spot. Lobb = Jackson spot, Fyfe = Logue spot. I assume injuries will bob up though. I think we need to be giving Treacy at least 10 games to keep him interested or early and sign him up mid season.
Should be both. Fyfe v Tabs it should be.
However Amiss may be protected early and allow 50/50 split of WAFL AND AFL to protect him and his body.

Should be both. Fyfe v Tabs it should be.
However Amiss may be protected early and allow 50/50 split of WAFL AND AFL to protect him and his body.
I don't get this tbh.

Fyfe and Taberner play every week unless their form drops off drastically.

Amiss plays unless his form doesn't warrant it or Treacy's or Corbett's form genuinely justifies them being picked instead. If Amiss is in good form and needs a rest, he rests and one of the other two come in.

Wouldn't expect Treacy to hang around if we were to get another KPF. I'm worried about Treacy as it is but I'd consider Georgiades an upgrade.

Not sure three KPFs, Darcy and Jackson will work tbh.

The Ryan Daniels link with Freo and Naughton/Georgiades is even more interesting when he brought up those two names specifically in his interview with Belly, clearly he's confident about it
I don't see the point of going for Georgiades. He would be a good replacement for Treacy but I would prefer landing Pickett.

I'm probably in the minority here but I'd be playing Treacy in the AFL side this year and giving Amiss another year of development at Peel, keeping in mind that he will definitely get AFL games throughout the year due to Tabs/Fyfe availability.

He's still got a slender frame and is a 2nd year key FWD, he has plenty of AFL ahead of him and another year in and out of the AFL side won't hinder him.

Treacy brings great pressure for a key FWD and can also chop out in the ruck. He's also more of a contested marking FWD than Tabs and Amiss and brings a different edge to the FWD line.

My ideal FWD line would be

Freddy Treacy Fyfe
Shultz Tabs Sturt

Switta off the bench, **** knows though Jackson will rotate through there but I have no idea how they plan to use him
You going to drop Walters as well?

Just turn Treacy into a key back if that happened. He’s got the skill set to be a very good backman and it is much easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back