List Mgmt. 2023 List Management

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would we be after him... I trust Austin, etc, but I am not sure why we'd be after another mid size defender...
At a guess, as a low cost alternative to Hollands or Gresham but with the ability to play a defensive role too.
We've clearly identified a need but rather than reach in the draft, we can look to someone like him on a short term contract. (Think Newnes)

I was sort of hoping that now we have moved beyond "competitive" into "challenging" & "destination" land, we would just be cherry picking to fill a space here or there. I'll need placating on these conversations around "maybe" type players. Placate me, placate me at once.....

At a guess, as a low cost alternative to Hollands or Gresham but with the ability to play a defensive role too.
We've clearly identified a need but rather than reach in the draft, we can look to someone like him on a short term contract. (Think Newnes)
The only obvious reason for mine for a Crozier type is purely to upgrade ball retention issues.

We have a myriad of genuine best 22 players, but our “mix” and ball movement are bloody ordinary. We have plenty of players who I admire and definitely support, but we may be heading to some hard decisions on some staples. I don’t dare try to predict them, but won’t be surprised if we have some left field player trades over the next couple of off seasons

Why would we be after him... I trust Austin, etc, but I am not sure why we'd be after another mid size defender...
If I was shooting for some sort of mature-player on the outer moneyball-get from the Dogs, I'd be more interested in seeing where Johannisen is at.

Said it for the last few years. Couldn’t be any more obvious what this list needs. Experienced premiership winners. Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis type situation. Zero faith that this list manager is competent enough to realise it though.
And this is based on what exactly?

Said it for the last few years. Couldn’t be any more obvious what this list needs. Experienced premiership winners. Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis type situation. Zero faith that this list manager is competent enough to realise it though.
Those players weren't surrounded former Premiers when they won their first flag & each went elsewhere to fulfil the role you're lusting after elsewhere without successfully doing so..

Does Captain of a 3peat Premiership, Brownlow medalst and 000's time AA count as what the lists needs? I have a candidate in mind. Bet ya a house that he could get Carlton from middling nowhere to a prelim in 2 years...

It sounds great that growth will come from within and I’m sure lots will, but every other club has kids developing and players coming back from injury, what’s to say our players will develop better?

Brisbane added Dunkley, McKenna, Gunston and 2 first round draft picks.

Collingwood added Mckstay, Hill and Mitchell.

We don’t need to break the bank or we don’t need a star, but we need to improve our best 22. There’s plenty of low cost options to do this.

Brisbane clearly don’t have a salary cap and Collingwood culled big dollar good players to get their extras

Circa 2023, Carlton actually has a salary cap to play within so who we trading out on big dollaroos?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We're ripe for an Isaac Smith type. Not his position but that kind of leader to come in and supplement what we've got.

I kind of get what they're saying (while completely disagreeing on the Austin commentary).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those premiership players that we need were obviously born premiership players and didn't actually have to come through the ranks and win premierships. This begs the question, who were the premiership players that helped those premiership players win premierships (the premierships that they didn't need to win in the fist place)?

Last edited:
We're ripe for an Isaac Smith type. Not his position but that kind of leader to come in and supplement what we've got.

I kind of get what they're saying (while completely disagreeing on the Austin commentary).
I'm not sure that their point was - let's go and get a quality player that'll make our side better.

So where does E. Hollands play for us - whose spot would he take given he's described as midfielder/half forward ?

Cottrell, JSOS ?
I'd see him being similar pecking order to Dow but with the ability to dual role at half forward which otherwise has limited Dow's opportunities, so potentially in the same bracket as Kennedy?

I'll put in my annual vote for Luke Breust.

Shaun Mannagh is surely a conversation worth having.

Do any of Duggan, Sheed or Gaff spark interest if we lose Fisher and Dow?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back