Meet Up 2023 Meet Up thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Bump

We may be 0-3, but I'm sure there's still a few planning on making the trip to Melbourne on Monday

Hophaus has now advised they'd be closed on Monday 🤬 - suggestions of other places with good beer would be appreciated

I can't get to this game. The rabbi should be able to help though.
I will probably meet my brother at Beer Deluxe in Fed Square for a few Bavarian Wit biers.
Where we end up after that is anyone's guess.

I will probably meet my brother at Beer Deluxe in Fed Square for a few Bavarian Wit biers.
Where we end up after that is anyone's guess.

Do they have good beers there - I‘ve been there once but that was a work function & set drinks menu

As long as the bars in the MCC are open I'm content.

1) I am not a MCC member.
2) I think that the beers they serve at the footy are Yak's urine.

Do they have good beers there - I‘ve been there once but that was a work function & set drinks menu
"Good beers" is a matter of personal taste.
I am a Weihenstephaner fan. As you probably know from past experience at Hophaus.
And particularly a fan of Witbiers.
I was drinking these babies.
Lucky that I am an eccentric multi-millionaire.:rolleyes:

3402050a68eef41dacc0bed2ea27b086.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone want to meet up after the game versus the Crows?

I'll be coming over from Adelaide with the lovely. She'll be decked out in Crows colours, but don't hold that against her!

I was thinking, after the match, Lord Of The Isles (or whatever it's called these days), a few bevvies and dinner.

Anyone want to meet up after the game versus the Crows?

I'll be coming over from Adelaide with the lovely. She'll be decked out in Crows colours, but don't hold that against her!

I was thinking, after the match, Lord Of The Isles (or whatever it's called these days), a few bevvies and dinner.
I would love to but I have a mates birthday..

FWIW I went to Lords last year with some mates and found since the renos it to be a stale sterile s**t hole with no warmth or atmosphere....

Started going to the Barwon Club later half of the year and was much much more enjoyable, also much much harder to get food and a table FWIW... but just good pre footy vibes

FWIW I went to Lords last year with some mates and found since the renos it to be a stale sterile s**t hole with no warmth or atmosphere....

Started going to the Barwon Club later half of the year and was much much more enjoyable, also much much harder to get food and a table FWIW... but just good pre footy vibes
G'day Willo,

It's been a while, mate. Would love to catch up for a beer again some time. I hope all's well at your end.

Usually when establishments get a reno done it's for the better. It had been so many years since I was there prior to the renos, I'd forgotten what it looked like before.

I was there after there on the Sunday after the GF and I did not notice the renos. Having said that, I just sat outside with a couple of mates, not paying to much attention to the decor. 😂

I'd be up for going anywhere else post-game, if anyone has any better suggestions?

T'was great to catch up with The rabbi last night at the Elephant & Castle. I hope your noggin (and ticker) was all right this morning, mate! 😎
Drinking that horrible C*B beer didn't help my head on Sunday morning.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back