Meet Up 2023 Meet Up thread

Remove this Banner Ad

For those heading to enemy territory on Friday night (and showing a certain fan group that opposition fans have no trouble finding a ground other than their home ground), a pre-match drink at Hophaus may be on order

I'm working during the day, but aiming to be there from 4:30ish - haven't looked at trains yet

It's been too long since visiting them and looking forward to sampling what they have on offer at the moment

For those heading to enemy territory on Friday night (and showing a certain fan group that opposition fans have no trouble finding a ground other than their home ground), a pre-match drink at Hophaus may be on order

I'm working during the day, but aiming to be there from 4:30ish - haven't looked at trains yet

It's been too long since visiting them and looking forward to sampling what they have on offer at the moment
I'll see if I can knock off early

I decided to check the train timetable (always a good option) to know what's actually available

I'll be heading to Hophaus for a pre-match drink (or 2), and maybe something to eat - probably around 5pm for anyone who interested

Their beer selection is pretty good & the food menu ain't too bad either

I decided to check the train timetable (always a good option) to know what's actually available

I'll be heading to Hophaus for a pre-match drink (or 2), and maybe something to eat - probably around 5pm for anyone who interested

Their beer selection is pretty good & the food menu ain't too bad either
Here's the menu
FB_IMG_1683799101270.jpg

Wasn't sure where else to put this but...
I'll be in the UK for a few weeks and will be away for rounds 18-21
Are there any great places to watch the game other than streaming on my phone for a few games
Will be going from England to Wales then Ireland then back to England in that time

The difficulty is the time diff 6-9 hours (game hours), and who will be open.
Belushi Bar London Bridge a maybe, or some around Earls Court naturally.
The Wool Shed Dublin.

AFL London have a Facebook page, more for their comp but grab an email address from there
and enquire about best places to watch, if London is where you're headed.
Plenty of Aussies play and will have the info.

Wasn't sure where else to put this but...
I'll be in the UK for a few weeks and will be away for rounds 18-21
Are there any great places to watch the game other than streaming on my phone for a few games
Will be going from England to Wales then Ireland then back to England in that time
im sure you have this but

www.watchafl.com.au

GO CAtters

Do they serve Weihenstephaner beer?

180820BWS-WBA-A4-rgb-1024x724.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hophaus at Southbank?

That's best for MCG catch-ups- I'm too lazy to go there before Marvel games
Hophaus and Beer Deluxe are about the only bars that serve the good stuff.
Beer Deluxe in bottles only and more than twice what you would pay at Dan Murphy's and the like.
Hophaus generally have Weihenstephaner Hefeweizen on tap.

Hophaus and Beer Deluxe are about the only bars that serve the good stuff.
Beer Deluxe in bottles only and more than twice what you would pay at Dan Murphy's and the like.
Hophaus generally have Weihenstephaner Hefeweizen on tap.

We missed you at Hophaus the other week - it was good to finally get back there for a pre-match drink

Must catch up at some stage

We missed you at Hophaus the other week - it was good to finally get back there for a pre-match drink

Must catch up at some stage

Just health issues that are driving me crazy and make socializing a little difficult.

Just health issues that are driving me crazy and make socializing a little difficult.

I know that mate

Wishing you all the best and that at the right time we can catch up for that beer

I know that mate

Wishing you all the best and that at the right time we can catch up for that beer

In the warmer part of the season it is more manageable.
But I avoid the cold night air of night games.

If anyone is in Adelaide for this Thursday night's game against Port, hit me up. I'll be in town in the arvo and I'll be having a feed and a couple of bevvies pre-game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back