• Yes

Votes: 61 32.1%
  • No

Votes: 107 56.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 24 12.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

That's your opinion I want ken gone as much as the next person but I will always support the pafc.
I'm far from a happy clapper but I don't believe you can pick and choose when you support your club
When they poo in your face?!

I have trouble understanding people throwing good money away to a regime who completely ignores you and treats you like s**t. Some people will argue that they give money to the club not the regime, but the reality is - this regime is the club and unless you snuff it out, it will remain that way.
Yep, and the moment Donuts steps down as coach, I'll be on the phone to the club to renew my membership.

The club is bigger than Hinkley. The club needs to carefully manage Hinkley. That is up to the club. Trying to ruin the club over Hinkley just does not make sense.
Legitimate question. Why does the club need to 'carefully manage Hinkley'? This person has coached an AFL club to finals 5 out of the 10 years. He's average, barely. I will never understand how someone like him has survived for so long.

Last edited:
Legitimate question. Why does the club need to 'carefully manage Hinkley'? This person has coached an AFL club to finals 5 out of the 10 years. He's average, barely. I will never understand how someone like him he has survived for so long.
Essendon didn't bother to carefully manage Rutten. St. Kilda didn't bother to carefully manage Ratten. Just 2 examples - there's others. So why is Ken so special?

Essendon didn't bother to carefully manage Rutten. St. Kilda didn't bother to carefully manage Ratten. Just 2 examples - there's others. So why is Ken so special?

Because he saved the club. 1

1 Rucci, Michelangelo, 'Don't you remember 2012? - How Ken Hinkley saved the Port Adelaide Football Club'. Retrieved 13 November 2022.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Legitimate question. Why does the club need to 'carefully manage Hinkley'? This person has coached an AFL club to finals 5 out of the 10 years. He's average, barely. I will never understand how someone like him has survived for so long.

Had a devout clapper tell me Hinkley will ā€œprobably win a flag at his next stopā€ ā€” and yes, he meant in another head coaching role in the AFL, not as waterboy for the Sale Sabres Thirds.

The mass-psychosis of this decade+ should be widely studied.

Had a devout clapper tell me Hinkley will ā€œprobably win a flag at his next stopā€ ā€” and yes, he meant in another head coaching role in the AFL, not as waterboy for the Sale Sabres Thirds.

The mass-psychosis of this decade+ should be widely studied.

This also speaks to the underlying theme that Hinkley has done a great job given the circumstances of coaching such a battler club - ie, he hasn't even got close to winning a flag here but once he goes to a big club that is realistically capable of winning one he'll be a shoo-in.

This also speaks to the underlying theme that Hinkley has done a great job given the circumstances of coaching such a battler club - ie, he hasn't even got close to winning a flag here but once he goes to a big club that is realistically capable of winning one he'll be a shoo-in.
I hope Port plays Hinkley's next team in a preliminary final - it'd virtually guarantee us a grand final berth.

Because the AFL don't give a flying firetruck about Port Adelaide except to prop up their shitty VFL clubs.

We are like the Morrison middle class, given just enough to keep the cogs of the machine turning so those in charge can keep riding the gravy train.

This club can shove their memberships up their arse until they start ACTING like my club again.

Don't want to be a basket case club like St Kilda, Essendon and North Melbourne.

The obvious mistake was to recontract him 3 years ago or whenever it was so here we are seeing it through. Anyway this is almost certainly his final year and gives them a few months to find a replacement.

Don't want to be a basket case club like St Kilda, Essendon and North Melbourne.

The obvious mistake was to recontract him 3 years ago or whenever it was so here we are seeing it through. Anyway this is almost certainly his final year and gives them a few months to find a replacement.
Every extension hes gotten has been a mistake

Contracts

2013 to 2016 - pass... barely

Extended in 2015 until 2018 - fail

Extended in 2017 until 2021 - fail

Extended in 2020 until 2023 - fail

Utter ******* travesty.

We already are akin to the likes of st kilda, north and essendon, the only difference is we aren't in Victoria

Every extension hes gotten has been a mistake

Contracts

2013 to 2016 - pass... barely

Extended in 2015 until 2018 - fail

Extended in 2017 until 2021 - fail

Extended in 2020 until 2023 - fail

Utter ******* travesty.

We already are akin to the likes of st kilda, north and essendon, the only difference is we aren't in Victoria

No way we're not that bad.

I'd say we're more like Freo.

I will couch my guess in questions:
How much does having Ken as coach protect us from extremely negative press from the Vic media?
Or keep us more onside with the
How much does the perception that the players are heavily invested in Ken cause the club to be restrained in removing him because of the fear of player exodus?
Will the Melbourne media crucify us for dumping our saviour?

I will couch my guess in questions:
How much does having Ken as coach protect us from extremely negative press from the Vic media?
Or keep us more onside with the
How much does the perception that the players are heavily invested in Ken cause the club to be restrained in removing him because of the fear of player exodus?
Will the Melbourne media crucify us for dumping our saviour?
My answer to all of those questions would be who cares? Why don't we start by acting like Port Adelaide again instead of whatever the hell this concoction is.

Anybody else get the e-mail today for renewals promising a "record-breaking year" in 2023 and that we're "needed on board".

Record-breaking? Of course it will be, the charlatan in the coaches box will extend our record-breaking premiership drought.

The only Board I'm needed on is the Board of this club so that I could at least try and force a change in the coaches box ...

Back