2023 Membership Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s horrible. I mean, this is the greatest con job of all time. Gone from the same seats home and away at mcg at marvel, to virtually no consistent away seats at the g and no consistent seat for the two rubbish home games we play at marvel and the away. We have to redeem seats for all three games at marvel and for Geelong, Richmond and Hawthorn at the G. We have been conned!!!
All con jobs of which I learned a while back.
I listen in on radio and watch the replay only if we win.
It's free

Yeah nfl season tickets down the bottom go for 8k plus so relatively speaking it is

Smaller grounds than the MCG. Over 10 times the population. Less than double the number of teams. Totally different market.

Plus NFL teams are for profit organisations so there's a reason to maximise gate receipts.

I’m Legends Level 2 for home & away.
Haven't heard a peep as yet.
Will definitely not pay the rip off premium to retain Level 2 away.
Most likely opt for Level 1 away.
What about this new 1892 Social Club?
I first joined the Social Club in 1980…yet as a Legends & Social Club Member..I won’t gain access to the new Social Club?
This is a disgrace if I’m reading this correctly.

I’m Legends Level 2 for home & away.
Haven't heard a peep as yet.
Will definitely not pay the rip off premium to retain Level 2 away.
Most likely opt for Level 1 away.
What about this new 1892 Social Club?
I first joined the Social Club in 1980…yet as a Legends & Social Club Member..I won’t gain access to the new Social Club?
This is a disgrace if I’m reading this correctly.
They'll contact you soon. Ive heard its mainly just affecting those on level 2.
They are contacting people sorted by years of service and attendance.

They'll contact you soon. Ive heard its mainly just affecting those on level 2.
They are contacting people sorted by years of service and attendance.
“Just affecting those on level 2?”
You’re talking about the longest serving members of the club. Membership that provided finance for the Ponsford stand and helped the club survive covid.

As one of those members, I don’t want a phone call. Just a letter with some tick boxes.

Tick yes to retain home seat.
Tick yes for an allocated level 1 seat.

I don’t want to have to register for away games.

You’re talking about the longest serving members of the club. Membership that provided finance for the Ponsford stand and helped the club survive covid.

As one of those members, I don’t want a phone call. Just a letter with some tick boxes.

Plus no access to the new Collingwood Victoria Park Social Club…Ponsford stand level 2.
Your years of service, legends & social club membership…is not enough to get you through the door.

From what I was told -- the deal could have been a lot worse. We could have lost access to the whole pondford. The deal we got was actually the best possible.

From what I was told -- the deal could have been a lot worse. We could have lost access to the whole pondford. The deal we got was actually the best possible.
Why can’t I have an allocated seat for away games?

That is what I dont understand. From the email sent out on 9 August, it says we'll be allocated a set reserved seat on level 1 or 4 for away games against Carlton, Essendon & Melbourne - but there is some sort of ballot for all other away games.
I’m pretty pissed off.
I’ve got no problem losing my level 2 seats for always games. Just assumed I’d get an allocated seat with my brother somewhere else.

I’m pretty pissed off.
I’ve got no problem losing my level 2 seats for always games. Just assumed I’d get an allocated seat with my brother somewhere else.

I thought that what would Happen either for Non-Home Games against Hawthorn and Richmond and even those games you can order Together to get Tickets with them

It's not the person who rings you who is at fault. No need to abuse them.
Agree no abuse necessary.
Although they are the Club conduit to the decision makers & Membership Team…hence, the opportunity to voice disappointment with the pricing aspect of the ‘downgraded’ Membership experience, along with the creation of the 1892 Victoria Park Social Club for additional $$.
You may be a Social Club Member…just not that Social Club.
The Clubs Marketeers are definitely in ‘ka-ching’ mode.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree no abuse necessary.
Although they are the Club conduit to the decision makers & Membership Team…hence, the opportunity to voice disappointment with the pricing aspect of the ‘downgraded’ Membership experience, along with the creation of the 1892 Victoria Park Social Club for additional $$.
You may be a Social Club Member…just not that Social Club.
The Clubs Marketeers are definitely in ‘ka-ching’ mode.
I wish they could send out the membership options by mail. I’d prefer to make my decision without having to talk to someone.

Friend of mine got ‘the call’ today. Reckons the price increase is pretty substantial. Hard to accept given how loyal members have been.

That's what happens when you support things like Netball, Women's footy that is an absolute money muncher.

Unfortunately it's always the fans that get stuck holding the bag.

is that across the board, or just the 1892 membership?
Don’t know sorry. I’ll have to wait until they ring me.
I can’t justify the 1892 membership, so hopefully I can still get an MCG Legends that is not too much extra.

I think that the original deal has made us a touch spoilt. The fact that we get access to 15,000 reserved seats is insane and something that every afl club in the league would die for. We get access to all these seats for the biggest events of the year such as Anzac Day or kings birthday despite being the away team. In the showdown the away team would be lucky to get 10k at the game with thousands missing out. Collingwood get 15,000 tickets for our members guaranteed. Instead on hating on the club we should be thanking them that we have this option at all. Instead of complaining turn out to as many games as you can get loud and support the bloody team!

I think that the original deal has made us a touch spoilt. The fact that we get access to 15,000 reserved seats is insane and something that every afl club in the league would die for. We get access to all these seats for the biggest events of the year such as Anzac Day or kings birthday despite being the away team. In the showdown the away team would be lucky to get 10k at the game with thousands missing out. Collingwood get 15,000 tickets for our members guaranteed. Instead on hating on the club we should be thanking them that we have this option at all. Instead of complaining turn out to as many games as you can get loud and support the bloody team!
We have every right to discuss the new Ponsford deal and associated packages.

Helps our Fans and Members turn up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back