2023 Membership Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve now had two extended conversations with the club; first Josh then Cooper.

The packages are awful.

H&A legends increases in cost from $970 to $1140 next year.
Despite the price increase there are 6 games from 17 you actually don’t get a reserve seat.
This includes MCG away games and games at Marvel.
Cooper concedes they are yet to settle on what exactly happens with Marvel games, home or away. It’s not yet defined.

For these 6 games we need reserve a $0 ticket via Ticketmaster or Ticketek depending on the venue.
You’ll need coordination with your regular footy buddies so you get seated together.
The convenience is gone. So to is the community of regular faces that sit around you that you’ve come to know.

For MCG away games it’s a small allocation of level 2 that 1892 members get first dibs on ( more on that later) but it’s level 1 or first 4 rows of level 4 for the rest).

So there’s 6 games where you actually DO NOT HAVE A RESERVE SEAT.

If you articulate up to 1892 membership you are first in line for the best seats for these 6 games.
You also get access to a membership concierge service, webcast with Craig McRae, an additional email stream, access to a social club and a few other fluffy benefits. It’s window dressing.

1892 is offered at a discounted rate for year 1 of $1495. Their after goes to $1995 which is allegedly the ongoing price.
If you maintain the 1892 membership for 2 years, you get a bonus Craig McCrae style jacket. I kid you not.
Apparently 400 people have taken on this membership.

1892 members get an advanced window (and this might only be a couple of hours, rather than a day) to reserve their $0 ticket ahead of legends.

1892 and legends members maintain current access to finals and grand final tickets.

NONE ACTUALLY HAVE A RESERVED SEAT FOR MARVEL ON MCG AWAY GAMES.

Guys, it’s white washing a s**t result. They would not tell me who made up the subcommittee that defined this. They do tell me that Kelly and Brown reviewed it personally and signed it off.

The fact is we have more members than seats for away games and the seat reservation system is how the club has elected to manage this rather than create a waiting list for seat availability.
They say that many members don’t attend Marvel or their away MCG games.

Through this plan, they are trying to grant greater access to all members rather than have empty seats.
They are definitely not rewarding 25 continuous years of Legends membership.

They are also definitely maximising revenue and membership numbers.

It’s an inferior package at a higher price.

I want a reserved seat.
I want my footy family around me.
I don’t care about a renamed bar or spiffy Craig McCrae jacket.
I definitely do not want to herd cats 6 games a year and reserve seats via a booking service to sit with my mates.

I believe the plan is poorly conceived and will change in the near future.
It’d want to.

I’ve now had two extended conversations with the club; first Josh then Cooper.

The packages are awful.

H&A legends increases in cost from $970 to $1140 next year.
Despite the price increase there are 6 games from 17 you actually don’t get a reserve seat.
This includes MCG away games and games at Marvel.
Cooper concedes they are yet to settle on what exactly happens with Marvel games, home or away. It’s not yet defined.

For these 6 games we need reserve a $0 ticket via Ticketmaster or Ticketek depending on the venue.
You’ll need coordination with your regular footy buddies so you get seated together.
The convenience is gone. So to is the community of regular faces that sit around you that you’ve come to know.

For MCG away games it’s a small allocation of level 2 that 1892 members get first dibs on ( more on that later) but it’s level 1 or first 4 rows of level 4 for the rest).

So there’s 6 games where you actually DO NOT HAVE A RESERVE SEAT.

If you articulate up to 1892 membership you are first in line for the best seats for these 6 games.
You also get access to a membership concierge service, webcast with Craig McRae, an additional email stream, access to a social club and a few other fluffy benefits. It’s window dressing.

1892 is offered at a discounted rate for year 1 of $1495. Their after goes to $1995 which is allegedly the ongoing price.
If you maintain the 1892 membership for 2 years, you get a bonus Craig McCrae style jacket. I kid you not.
Apparently 400 people have taken on this membership.

1892 members get an advanced window (and this might only be a couple of hours, rather than a day) to reserve their $0 ticket ahead of legends.

1892 and legends members maintain current access to finals and grand final tickets.

NONE ACTUALLY HAVE A RESERVED SEAT FOR MARVEL ON MCG AWAY GAMES.

Guys, it’s white washing a s**t result. They would not tell me who made up the subcommittee that defined this. They do tell me that Kelly and Brown reviewed it personally and signed it off.

The fact is we have more members than seats for away games and the seat reservation system is how the club has elected to manage this rather than create a waiting list for seat availability.
They say that many members don’t attend Marvel or their away MCG games.

Through this plan, they are trying to grant greater access to all members rather than have empty seats.
They are definitely not rewarding 25 continuous years of Legends membership.

They are also definitely maximising revenue and membership numbers.

It’s an inferior package at a higher price.

I want a reserved seat.
I want my footy family around me.
I don’t care about a renamed bar or spiffy Craig McCrae jacket.
I definitely do not want to herd cats 6 games a year and reserve seats via a booking service to sit with my mates.

I believe the plan is poorly conceived and will change in the near future.
It’d want to.
Thanks for posting this. I have a Legends MCG H&A membership. I ditched my Marvel seats a few years ago as I dislike the venue.

I would have been happy to just have an allocated level one seat for away games. Reserving the seats is a pain in the arse. Yet to receive my call.

So will the Legends memberships for next year still have a guaranteed grand final ticket if Pies make it or is that going to be limited to the 1892 members now?
My understanding is Legends members will still have GF ticket guarantee. I asked the question specifically, if I keep my Legends membership and sit on Level 1 for away games do I keep Priority 1 for finals tickets and GF ticket guarantee. I received this reply:

If you do decide to continue with a Legends membership in 2024 you will be able to keep your Guaranteed access to purchase a Grand Final Ticket.

You will also be entitled to priority access to weeks 1-3 of the finals.

Hope this helps with some clarity.

My understanding is Legends members will still have GF ticket guarantee. I asked the question specifically, if I keep my Legends membership and sit on Level 1 for away games do I keep Priority 1 for finals tickets and GF ticket guarantee. I received this reply:

If you do decide to continue with a Legends membership in 2024 you will be able to keep your Guaranteed access to purchase a Grand Final Ticket.

You will also be entitled to priority access to weeks 1-3 of the finals.

Hope this helps with some clarity.
Um, what about the grand final, still ballot and first window?
thanks for the info

Um, what about the grand final, still ballot and first window?
thanks for the info
1892 and Legends get preference in that order.
At this stage my understanding is they are guaranteed a GF ticket. No ballot for them. Just nominate as attending and paying.

Received the below email today and thought I would paste it in here in case some people didn’t receive it.

MCC Deal - a progress update from CEO Craig Kelly

Hi KrispyKremePie,

I am writing to you to provide a brief update on the progress of MCC calls to impacted Members.

Following the announcement of the Club's new MCC deal earlier this month, our Membership team has been calling impacted Members. These calls began with our longest-serving Members who hold a reserved Level 2 Away Seat.

Steady progress is being made and we will continue to work tirelessly across the Finals Series to confirm Members' 2024 preferences.

We're currently calling Member with 23 years of total Membership who held a Level 2 MCG Away Seat in 2023. In addition to working down the Level 2 list, our staff will begin calling our long-serving Members who held Level 1 or 4 MCG Away Seats shortly.

Staff may call as late as 7:00pm, or between 10:00am and 3:00pm on weekends (Melbourne time).

Thank you for your ongoing patience here, and we look forward to speaking with you soon!
Yours sincerely,
Craig Kelly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi All,
Was hoping someone could answer this for me - My mate and I are both Legend MCG Home / Away PLUS AFL Gold Pies Members - we currently get a 50% on our Legends package - Has anyone asked the question to see if we get a discount on the new 1892 membership if we are also an AFL member? Appreciate your answers!

Hi All,
Was hoping someone could answer this for me - My mate and I are both Legend MCG Home / Away PLUS AFL Gold Pies Members - we currently get a 50% on our Legends package - Has anyone asked the question to see if we get a discount on the new 1892 membership if we are also an AFL member? Appreciate your answers!
Good question, surely it applies to all memberships, and the new ones. I've got a legends and Silver AFL, and I get the discount also.

Final tally

1. Collingwood = 106,470
2. West Coast = 103,275
3. Richmond = 101,349
4. Carlton = 95,277
5. Essendon = 86,274
6. Geelong = 82,155
7. Hawthorn = 80,698
8. Melbourne = 70,785
9. Adelaide = 68,536
10. Sydney = 65,532
11. Port Adelaide = 64,041
12. Fremantle = 62,064
13. St Kilda = 60,239
14. Western Bulldogs = 56,302
15. Brisbane Lions = 54,676
16. North Melbourne = 51,084
17. GWS = 33,036
18. Gold Coast = 23,359

Final tally

1. Collingwood = 106,470
2. West Coast = 103,275
3. Richmond = 101,349
4. Carlton = 95,277
5. Essendon = 86,274
6. Geelong = 82,155
7. Hawthorn = 80,698
8. Melbourne = 70,785
9. Adelaide = 68,536
10. Sydney = 65,532
12. Fremantle = 62,064
13. St Kilda = 60,239
17. GWS = 33,036
18. Gold Coast = 23,359

I think someone needs to toast this on the main board and watch them melt.

Final tally

1. Collingwood = 106,470
2. West Coast = 103,275
3. Richmond = 101,349
4. Carlton = 95,277
5. Essendon = 86,274
6. Geelong = 82,155
7. Hawthorn = 80,698
8. Melbourne = 70,785
9. Adelaide = 68,536
10. Sydney = 65,532
12. Fremantle = 62,064
13. St Kilda = 60,239
17. GWS = 33,036
18. Gold Coast = 23,359

I’m guessing the eagles have also set a new record for a wooden spoon team.

I received a call from the club yesterday and arranged for my away game seat to be moved to M36.

Not sure if it’s been mentioned, but seems like it will impact people on MCG Legends membership. From what the person was telling me, it sounds like we will now also have access in 2024 to attend Marvel games too, however we would need to reserve seat.

I received a call from the club yesterday and arranged for my away game seat to be moved to M36.

Not sure if it’s been mentioned, but seems like it will impact people on MCG Legends membership. From what the person was telling me, it sounds like we will now also have access in 2024 to attend Marvel games too, however we would need to reserve seat.
Could be the case cos none of us want to go there. I had access to all the Melbourne games but didn't want to go through the hassle of catching two or three trains based out of Southern Cross based on what train line they decide to run out of the city loop nowadays and which has been shut down. Wish we could just play all our home games at the G.

Spotted today 5 minutes away from the Lions training base at Springfield. Have to give credit for the initiative.

20231003_130616.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back