Training 2023 Mens Preseason Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Cox was also in full training by the end of the season.

I don’t even know how this became a weight and Cox thing, I’ve defended Cox in previous comments saying he can probably play with a fletcher type body given he also has long arms. I merely stated you don’t have to gain a heap of weight to get muscle definition.

nahki wells wink GIF by QPR FC

Nic didnt have great training standards in WAFL and thought he was probably better than he was (well maybe he knew just how good he was)

This is an impressive transformation for anyone and even more so for a guy turning 22

He seems to be aligning his talent with work ethic now

erection GIF

With Cox it will come down to core strength more than anything. I do not want to see him at 100kg and turning into a plodder . His one wood is his running power and intercept ability. He will be fine playing KP . Not every KP playing is a massive brute. Cox could easily run around against a Max King or a Joe Daniher or Eric Hipwood types.
Exactly

With Essendon’s review saying we aren’t fit enough, why isn’t Sean Murphy under review as fitness coach. Surely it’s his responsibility. We wouldn’t be saying this if John Quinn or Darren Burgess (for example) were our fitness coach

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Essendon’s review saying we aren’t fit enough, why isn’t Sean Murphy under review as fitness coach. Surely it’s his responsibility. We wouldn’t be saying this if John Quinn or Darren Burgess (for example) were our fitness coach

We already knew they weren’t fit, our eyes told us that.

The question is what is Murphy’s plan to get them fit and are they more or less unfit than when he started.

It’s entirely possible Murphy or anyone could put 18 or 24 months work in and gets the list 20% fitter but that 20% only takes us from last to second last, or last to still last.

I don’t get the sense it’s just down to what they do at the club, it’s broader than that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back