2023 mid season draft - Name your player you want

which player you want richmond to select in the mid season draft

• Luke Teal - 19 year old 190cm 85kgs smart HBF Tigga replacement

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Mutaz El Nour - 22 year old 192cm 85gks 3rd tall defender Nathan Broad replacement

Votes: 12 9.9%
  • Tyreece Leiu - 20 year old 195cm 93kgs KP Defender Tarrant Replacement

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Ethan Phillips - 24 year old KP Defender Another Tarrant Replacement

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Archie May - 21 year old KPF /Ruck 198cm 94kgs Never can have enough Rucks that can play foward

Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Archie Lovelock - 18 year old Mid /Small Foward 179cm 75kgs missed out last year playing glenelg

Votes: 7 5.8%
  • Liam McBean - 28 year old 202cm 100kgs Small Foward shows enormous potential as a castagna replace

Votes: 30 24.8%
  • Other - Name in a post

Votes: 18 14.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Why not just go for 2 KPF in Buller and Hunter if available ?
They are Rookie contracts and 6 months

Its an area on ground we are well short and need depth with only Lynch & Bradtke on the list
Ryan looking more like a longer term Ruckman and Bauer if he makes it is either a 3rd tall back or foward
Need small pressure type forwards too imo, preferably ones that can impact the scoreboard

Why not just go for 2 KPF in Buller and Hunter if available ?
They are Rookie contracts and 6 months

Its an area on ground we are well short and need depth with only Lynch & Bradtke on the list
Ryan looking more like a longer term Ruckman and Bauer if he makes it is either a 3rd tall back or foward
This. We were on the same pages for Gibcus with our first pick, and I think you are correct again. IMO anyway.

I think we will go Buller at pick 4 and and Hunter if he is left at 13 (unlikely but possible).

Last edited:

Need small pressure type forwards too imo, preferably ones that can impact the scoreboard
You can draft small forwards and mids with immediate impact at 18yo. Less so with talls who generally take a bit longer to come on.

Taking 2 key forwards around 22 yo and fully fit is potentially fast tracking our list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 decent looking key forwards there, but you just know Matt Clarke will go a left field call. Had Van Rooyen sitting there for the picking a few drafts ago and went for another HB in Brown. Wouldn’t surprise if history repeated
If that happens I will apologise to Mr Magic and ask for the full removal of the brains trust and delist/trade anyone over 23.

Hunters first game back from 13 months off with a knee reco. Looks bloody good to me. Leads hard, crashes packs, good hands, nice kick, gets involved in general play.

What's not to like? :think:

There’s a lot to like about Jayden Hunter

Wow….is bloody agile for a big bloke….has a fast set of wheels ….one grab mark….accurate kick…bit of aggro

seriously hope we pick him if he’s available

Height. 196 cm. Weight. 93 kg. Age. 21.

Last edited:
Back