Second round

12 – Hawthorn - Brandon Ryan
13 – Richmond - James Trezise
14 – GWS - PASS
15 – Sydney - Jack Buller

Watch here from 7pm -

LIVE FROM 7PM AEST: Watch the 2023 AFL Mid-Season Rookie Draft

Last edited:

Dodoro pinching one of our VFL players, what a shock. At least this year we can get in first :(

A recruiter I spoke to this week told me he thinks Teal may well go undrafted despite the hype in the media.
Did he give a reason? I was surprised he wasn’t drafted last year and I’d be even more surprised if he’s not picked up mid season. Similar to Ethan Philips. I guess recruiters see something that may hold them back at the top flight.

Did he give a reason? I was surprised he wasn’t drafted last year and I’d be even more surprised if he’s not picked up mid season. Similar to Ethan Philips. I guess recruiters see something that may hold them back at the top flight.
Said he's a bit slow, doesn't see him being able to move up to a wing, can't play tall, and even though he played midfield and did well in the young guns matches he doesn't necessarily see that transferring to AFL level.

Still, this is only one persons opinion. You never know.

I think the Hawks will just take the best available. We need cover for the Rucks and Key Position mostly.

Perhaps Tucker is the obvious one at pick 3?

Robert Hansen Jr showing out for Subiaco in the WAFL. Cheers to Futbolista for the recommendation.

Very nice work mate. He's exciting for sure. I'm a bit disappointed that we won't see him now at the 18's championships but from separate sources I've been told that barring illness, injury or some last minute catastrophe, he's getting picked up by one of at least 3 interested clubs. We'll see I guess. Good luck to him.

Very nice work mate. He's exciting for sure. I'm a bit disappointed that we won't see him now at the 18's championships but from separate sources I've been told that barring illness, injury or some last minute catastrophe, he's getting picked up by one of at least 3 interested clubs. We'll see I guess. Good luck to him.
I said he'll (Hansen Jnr) get taken barring illness, injury or some last minute catastrophe...........wouldn't ya know it! He's out this week for Subiaco league due to illness.

We've added a youngster to the inactive list and basically already said we'll be using both available picks come the MSD. We obviously have a couple kids in mind.

The vacancy will now open a second spot on Richmond’s list ahead of the 2023 Mid-Season Draft set to be held on May 31.
“We are excited about the prospect of bringing two new players to the Club,” Hartley said.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've added a youngster to the inactive list and basically already said we'll be using both available picks come the MSD. We obviously have a couple kids in mind.

The vacancy will now open a second spot on Richmond’s list ahead of the 2023 Mid-Season Draft set to be held on May 31.
“We are excited about the prospect of bringing two new players to the Club,” Hartley said.
The Hansen Jnr plot thickens....which club will pull the trigger. Shame about Smith though.....He has talent. He was my 2022 version of 2023 Aiden O'Driscoll if that makes sense...nobody is interested in O'Driscoll yet.....He reminds me of Zak Butters but he hasn't been listed on a single national draft chart/list yet.

The Hansen Jnr plot thickens....which club will pull the trigger. Shame about Smith though.....He has talent. He was my 2022 version of 2023 Aiden O'Driscoll if that makes sense...nobody is interested in O'Driscoll yet.....He reminds me of Zak Butters but he hasn't been listed on a single national draft chart/list yet.
Shhh....

Robert Hansen Jr showing out for Subiaco in the WAFL. Cheers to Futbolista for the recommendation.

There’s a few nice prospects on your vfl list

I reckon we want Maric. If he's gone by 3, we'll take this bloke.

Thanks for that. Better than what id expected .. seems a neat kick.

I heard on SEN Geelong looking at Naismith so we probably let Penny slide. ..even if id prefer a younger player like Penny or. Elliot

We could make clark or kroeger inactive and take 2 picks but if we only take 1 i think it has to be naismith he could play afl literally within a week if we pick him.

We could make clark or kroeger inactive and take 2 picks but if we only take 1 i think it has to be naismith he could play afl literally within a week if we pick him.

The Kroeger option, is he actually still on out list... how many VFL games has he played. An extra replacement would not be bad I guess. ... whether that would be Penny or not.. who knows. The one thing with Penny in the highlight is I dont think he is using his pace etc as much as I though he might but we are playing kid in the afl based on less imo. Id like to see Elliot too.

I look forward to see Naismith on Sunday ..convenient timing. Im less concerned with him beating out guys , he has been on a list for years so he should be better ruck...what is his mobility fitness and. probably durability like. How many K's would he run in the VFL. He is two years younger than Ceglar so I guess if we like him ..there is chance of more than just an immediate itch. that will be gone by Oct.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back