Second round

12 – Hawthorn - Brandon Ryan
13 – Richmond - James Trezise
14 – GWS - PASS
15 – Sydney - Jack Buller

Watch here from 7pm -

LIVE FROM 7PM AEST: Watch the 2023 AFL Mid-Season Rookie Draft

Last edited:

Hilarious watching how much Ryan Maric got talked down in the media given that Eagles had pick 1. Went from certain number 1 to nomad in the space of a fortnight. All of a sudden he was barely top 30 quality in this years draft when he was rated much higher in the weeks leading up.

Vicbias on draft nights makes the crap unwatchable nowadays. Think ill just stick to the blogs

Hilarious watching how much Ryan Maric got talked down in the media given that Eagles had pick 1. Went from certain number 1 to nomad in the space of a fortnight. All of a sudden he was barely top 30 quality in this years draft when he was rated much higher in the weeks leading up.

Vicbias on draft nights makes the crap unwatchable nowadays. Think ill just stick to the blogs
Not sure what media you were watching but the hype was real around this kid, even up to yesterday.

Remember that this is a rookie draft, these kids aren't cream of the crop they're state-league top-ups at best normally, so when the panellists were saying he'd be "top 30" in the National Draft that's actually a pretty big compliment.

I have a die-hard Perth supporter friend who still attends all their games. He said to me: "If Hunter goes we won't win another game except against the Eagles"
Wish the eagles had taken him with pick 1.his comeback from the acl has been outstanding

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Huh? Must of been the WA media talking him down.. the speculation in vic was he was a certain number 2 pick if WC didn’t take Buller or Hunter (Wa boys) with pick 1 🤷‍♂️

Can you let us know who had him “rated much higher in the weeks leading up” than top 30 quality?
Or are you just making this up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've always thought Narkle should become a very good player but for reasons unknown, he just teases everyone with flashes of brilliance.

Port have taken him on and could be well rewarded if he finally reaches his true potential. However, if he just wants to coast along, this will be the last club in the AFL for him.

Holy s**t it must be terrible walking around everyday with those massive chips on your shoulder.

Nothing of the sort happened.

I've always thought Narkle should become a very good player but for reasons unknown, he just teases everyone with flashes of brilliance.

Port have taken him on and could be well rewarded if he finally reaches his true potential. However, if he just wants to coast along, this will be the last club in the AFL for him.

Narkle lacks defensive workrate. Always has and i dont see it changing.

...and this is being kind.

I was trying to be kind because hes one of the nicest humans you will meet in footy.

But yes defensively he is worse than poor and isnt suited to the modern game.

I was trying to be kind because hes one of the nicest humans you will meet in footy.

But yes defensively he is worse than poor and isnt suited to the modern game.

The irony is the very best player often lack D.... just depends if you are good enough. Narkle is good..but not that good. He reminds me of a guy I used to work with... he siad he rocked up to play u19s at Geelong as the best kid from Thomson. Said he could play centre well in their group. He found himself at U19 ..knee deep in centre men all as good or better than him. For the first time in his footy experience he was asked to play as a defender. Within a month he was back at Thomson playing in purple.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back