Analysis 2023 Mid Season Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Would rather Sidey.

Anyway seems a low grade medial to me. Hopefully misses no more than 3-4 weeks.

The same clowns asking for an MSD pick are likely also the ones looking to get the vfl players a “game in the ones”.

Newsflash. If our medium level draft picks currently playing vfl can’t get a game, the need for an msd player is pretty minimal. And less likely for him to get a game.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The last bit.
Imagine telling a player they can’t play again this year even if there is a bit of hope. So it’s a big decision depending on severity of injury

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yes, I certainly meant that very last bit! You just can't tell players who are desperate to play again as soon as possible, that you don't want them to bother for the next few months, and that they can try again next year!

Simpson also said: Eagles wait on Jones surgery to make draft call
1685368722046.png

I'd hope to see some Tasmanians get the draft call during this, even if Collingwood haven't got any picks it would be of interest to see how some Tassie talent go if they are looked at.
I havent seen any pop up that is in contention for this MSD.
The national draft later this year, for sure. But not Mid-season plus there won't be a lot of picks.

I havent seen any pop up that is in contention for this MSD.
The national draft later this year, for sure. But not Mid-season plus there won't be a lot of picks.
Yeah I've not heard many names being mentioned down here either. I did think this mid season draft wasn't going to be quite big.

I have to say that I'm glad we didn't hitch our wagon to a stop gap with no real future prospects like Naismith. Talent pool wasn't anywhere near as good as the previous couple of years with those compromised draft crops.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have to say that I'm glad we didn't hitch our wagon to a stop gap with no real future prospects like Naismith. Talent pool wasn't anywhere near as good as the previous couple of years with those compromised draft crops.

All due respect; we know nothing about an MSD talent pool. Who knew anything about John F Noble before we drafted him?

All due respect; we know nothing about an MSD talent pool. Who knew anything about John F Noble before we drafted him?

Pretty clear from where I was sitting that this year's MSD pool didn't look as promising as the past couple of years, but to each their own I guess.

Surprised Hawthorn went another ruck option with their first pick.

Feels like they've drafted a few in recent seasons already.
Max Lynch is out for the season with concussion symptoms, so who knows how long he'll continue to play for 😔

What happened to that Jacob Edwards guy. Was meant to be a huge mid season draft steal that would have gone top 20 in the draft, his VFL stats are terrible
Norf got sucked in by media hype. Meanwhile AJ is thriving in our 22.

That’s where Hines expertise comes into play. He identified talent in the most difficult time in football history to identify talent…… during Covid lockdowns where these kids were barely even playing games.

That’s where Hines expertise comes into play. He identified talent in the most difficult time in football history to identify talent…… during Covid lockdowns where these kids were barely even playing games.

For sure. When Hine looked there, he saw the cupboard was bare, and thought;

“A ******* cupboard! You ripper, that will fit into our kitchen perfectly!”

… and the rest is history.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back