Strategy 2023 Midpricers Madness

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely HOLD. 6FAs destroyed his score last week.
The bloke loves giving away free kicks, and clangers in general. Averaged 4 clangers per game last year. More time around the ball this year, think he'll be a good chance to average 5-6 clangers per game. Naturally, a fair few of those are FA.

6 FA and 9 total clangers in the praccy game as well...

I would like to give Will Day a kiss on the forehead.

After my trades this week, letā€™s see how many midpricers I have now:

WDay Jones

JDG Setters Hopper Callaghan (stuck with him now)

Gulden Ziebell JHF

So thatā€™s 9 - MPM all the way baby! :D

After my trades this week, letā€™s see how many midpricers I have now:

WDay Jones

JDG Setters Hopper Callaghan (stuck with him now)

Gulden Ziebell JHF

So thatā€™s 9 - MPM all the way baby! :D
You need to advertise, seems a bit lonely here, actually I shouldn't be here, I have no midpricers left, turfed those spuds, just future Premos.

Iā€™m on the Shinkansen to better SC ranking via MPM - Iā€™ve loss a few, but got in a few more - so still on 9 (starting midpricers and not rookies who have gone up in price):

WDay LJones & McGov (new recruit- Iā€™m testing my trust in the SC gods with his injury :eek:)

JDG Setters JHF

Gulden Ziebell Pickett (new recruit)

MPM all the way baby.

Live and die by the sword - got to have some fun with SC guys :D

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Iā€™m on the Shinkansen to better SC ranking via MPM - Iā€™ve loss a few, but got in a few more - so still on 9 (starting midpricers and not rookies who have gone up in price):

WDay LJones & McGov (new recruit- Iā€™m testing my trust in the SC gods with his injury :eek:)

JDG Setters JHF

MPM all the way baby.

From a mental health point of view MPM is arguably better

If a Mid pricey spuds up youā€™re like ā€œmeh I kinda expected thatā€ but if they ton up itā€™s like youā€™ve won the lottery

If a premo does anything but go 120+ youā€™re on the highway to rage trades at 10pm on Sunday night šŸ˜‚

JDG Setters JHF

MPM all the way baby.

Shinkansen: fast, comfortable and always on time.

I'm just having a look at my team now and all the midpricers that I have and had.
The jury is still out but let's see if it was a good play to go MPMs this year so far?

MPM still in the team:
  1. Winners & keepers: Day, Ziebell, JDG, Gulden (just)
  2. JHF - the jury is still out, needs to lift his game, but hopefully should come good
  3. Callaghan - a very slow burn, but hopefully should come good
  4. Pickett - the jury is still out, traded in recently, Yin & yang

Who has been traded out:
  1. Made money: Setters, LJones (just a minor pass mark)
  2. My stuffed up by selling too early: Hopper & HClark
  3. Fyfe - failed injured
  4. DC - inured

BTW - I think I'll be getting Steele (2 trades) instead of Oliver (3 trades)

1683079963383.png

I'm just having a look at my team now and all the midpricers that I have and had.
The jury is still out but let's see if it was a good play to go MPMs this year so far?

MPM still in the team:
  1. Winners & keepers: Day, Ziebell, JDG, Gulden (just)
  2. JHF - the jury is still out, needs to lift his game, but hopefully should come good
  3. Callaghan - a very slow burn, but hopefully should come good
  4. Pickett - the jury is still out, traded in recently, Yin & yang

Who has been traded out:
  1. Made money: Setters, LJones (just a minor pass mark)
  2. My stuffed up by selling too early: Hopper & HClark
  3. Fyfe - failed injured
  4. DC - inured

BTW - I think I'll be getting Steele (2 trades) instead of Oliver (3 trades)

View attachment 1676838
After two good years most of the mid-pricers haven't worked this year. There are always a few that do, but taking lots (like I did) was the wrong strategy.

I started Callaghan, Flanders, Ash, Hopper, and Bruhn. 1/5 isn't good enough there. Also traded in Day and Ziebell.

Think my take out is only go for the very very very obvious ones (Hopper, Ziebell). Hindsight of course but starting 5 rookies over 5 MP's would have been better.

After two good years most of the mid-pricers haven't worked this year. There are always a few that do, but taking lots (like I did) was the wrong strategy.

I started Callaghan, Flanders, Ash, Hopper, and Bruhn. 1/5 isn't good enough there. Also traded in Day and Ziebell.

Think my take out is only go for the very very very obvious ones (Hopper, Ziebell). Hindsight of course but starting 5 rookies over 5 MP's would have been better.
As an experiment, I've created a 2nd team to pick just the favourites/ most popular players and do my trading as soon as it opens - the most obvious trades in two mins...
Guess where this team is ranked? 1.9K overall
and I'm battling with a tad under 50K rank - but, my pride will not allow me to accept that 2nd team - it's only an experiment! o_O
I prefer to fight my way back and spend all my efforts to chase that elusive 10K that stevebbb and I chase when we have shitty teams :D

Last edited:
Mitch Owens was $250k and is now a fwd premo/keeper.

He scored 121 in the preseason match.

Why wasn't he talked up more?

Did anybody start him?

Did anybody start him?
I started stupid sexy Flanders instead :$ , not that Mosquito Owens was on my radar at all.

I was tossing up between Gulden F4 and Oscar Allen F5 but instead went with old man campaignerington and Flanders.

Iā€™m blaming Ingy for that one.

He made me do it.

I started stupid sexy Flanders instead :$ , not that Mosquito Owens was on my radar at all.

I was tossing up between Gulden F4 and Oscar Allen F5 but instead went with old man campaignerington and Flanders.

Iā€™m blaming Ingy for that one.

He made me do it.

Yeah, Flanders was a bust.

But I definitely didn't talk you out of Gulden because I started him.

He's been glorious

Did anybody start him?
Well yes, he and Buckley about the only thing I've done right this year. There was a preseason article about where he would play-hi HF roam around a bit and come back into the fwd line as a chopout/help when the ball came that way, and that is the way he's played some honesty from a coaach for a change, Ross talked him up a bit in an interview as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back