MRP / Trib. 2024 MRP Lotto thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

3. Zorko the not so great

There’s uproar around flopping in the game and even a suggestion players should be suspended if they are guilty. So, what’s a suspension for an alleged eye gouge? Dayne Zorko’s fingers found their way into the eyes of Luke Pedlar and Zorko has explaining to do, either at the tribunal or in a public statement. He has to get the benefit of the doubt, but if it was intentional, he needs to sit for at least a month. The Lions were out-hunted by the Crows, and they will be disappointed with their third quarter, which they dominated in territory but could only muster 1.9 to Adelaide’s 3.1. That was the game.

If playing it up for the umps is an issue (it is for me) lets start by eliminating the situation where a bloke jumps on a guy whos on the ground and pulls the ball into him in an attempt to get a HTB free. It's an examlle of smack you in the face insanity that gets rewarded because "rules". Piss that off, admit the "rules" created insanity, then tackle staging. To do the 2nd without the 1st is normal it seems, but still clown world 101 IMHO

Have Carlton found another loophole to appeal Cerra's sling tackle ? i remember seeing Hickey's head ricochet off the turf and thought that's a week for sure.
As Harry McKay's method of belting Harry Sheezle in the head was deemed by the AFL tribunal to be an acceptable method of altering the trajectory of his kick Carlton have now taken a more proactive approach by banging opponent's heads into the turf in an effort to impact the flight path of any future kicks the particular opponent might have if they are fortunate enough to take any further part in the match. The defence case was as advised by the tribunal chair when Carltonian Harry was unduly subjected to the humiliation of an MRO report for his perfectly fine hit to his young North Melbourne namesake's head.

Have Carlton found another loophole to appeal Cerra's sling tackle ? i remember seeing Hickey's head ricochet off the turf and thought that's a week for sure.
Tribunal is the only place the bluws can get a win

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah well they may as well play this as the tribunal panel walk in from now on. 6F46EBC4-FB8C-4D88-B0AE-22CA6C2F12C9.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back