2023 Music

Remove this Banner Ad

I can’t remember the last time a band I liked back in the day released a recent album that I’ve really enjoyed.
PJ Harvey and Everything But The Girl this year were disappointing, so was Cypress Hill and Placebo last year and Weezer released a couple of stinkers the year prior.
nostalgia is almost definitely distorting my expectations but still…

Foo Fighters' album this year is their best in a decade. I've remained a Pearl Jam fan throughout the years, their most recent album and Eddie Vedder's solo album last year were both very good. Can't think of too many more.

I can’t remember the last time a band I liked back in the day released a recent album that I’ve really enjoyed.
PJ Harvey and Everything But The Girl this year were disappointing, so was Cypress Hill and Placebo last year and Weezer released a couple of stinkers the year prior.
nostalgia is almost definitely distorting my expectations but still…

I had high hopes for the Slowdive album because I really liked the album they released in 2017.

The Stones have a new album, Hackney Diamonds due for release on October 20. The first for 18 years with new songs and features
Lady Gaga, Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder as well as Charlie Watts on two tracks.
This is the first released track "Angry" (with Sydney Sweeny). Great clip and sounds real good.

Last edited:
The Stones have a new album, Hackney Diamonds due for release on October 20. The first for 18 years with new songs and features
Lady Gaga, Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder as well as Charlie Watts on two tracks.
This is the first released track "Angry" (with Sydney Sweeny). Great clip and sounds real good.

Very cool clip and I thought the song was decent.

Have listened to it twice. Couple that with the tour announcement and it's been a good week.

That said, not sure how it compares to the first; I quite enjoyed that one and reckon there are some bangers in there.
Yeah, I still enjoy the first and think it's great. I reckon they could have combined the two and made one fantastic album though.

Can't wait for the tour though. Was so upset when they canceled due to COVID especially as Phoebe Bridgers was supporting too.

Was set for Freo Arts Centre, which is a fine venue, but think Kings Park will be better, though it's been ages since I've been there for a gig.
Ah that’s right. I did see Sharon Van Etten there last year and it was good but was more of a sit down gig amongst the trees

(Log in to remove this ad.)

some stuff i've been enjoying

Doctor Bionic - Sacrifice
organic hip-hop instrumentals with an acid jazz vibe.

Yazmin Lacey - Voice Notes
just some sweet soulful tunes

Mildlife - Return To Centaurus
pretty much what you'd expect with some bizarre spoken word centaur pr0n thrown in for good measure

also

not only is this guy an incredibly talented musician and performer he also makes these amazing one take videos...although there is a cut in this one cause they had to move the mic from his lapel so it didn't get wet and you don't hear the rain hitting it.
there's a behind the scenes/making of video coming out soon which should be interesting.

also

not only is this guy an incredibly talented musician and performer he also makes these amazing one take videos...although there is a cut in this one cause they had to move the mic from his lapel so it didn't get wet and you don't hear the rain hitting it.
there's a behind the scenes/making of video coming out soon which should be interesting.

From all this thread Ren was the only one who caught my attention. 'Hi Ren' is an amazing song and video.

Been enjoying this weekly singles rollout from Laroi. Too Much, What Just Happened and Bleed all show he hasn’t lost his touch despite those delays, whets the appetite for next Friday (if into this sort of thing, I’ve always had a big soft spot)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back