AAC Championship Game
SMU @ Tulane 8AM WatchESPN

Sun-Belt Championship Game
Appalachian State @ Troy 8AM WatchESPN

BIG10 Championship Game
Michigan Vs Iowa 12PM FOX

ACC Championship Game
Louisville Vs Florida State 12PM WatchESPN

Even a 6 team Bracket would have solved things this year.

Michigan/Washington - First week bye

Texas vs Georgia

Florida State vs Alabama

It means extra games, but I honestly believe they play way to little games a season anyway.
6 was my magic number. It would have been outstanding this season

I hope FSU beat Georgia easily. Committee will be left with a massive egg on their face should that happen.

They use the "QB being injured excuse". But that rule didn't seem to apply to Ohio State when they were down to their own 3rd string QB not too long ago. They just change the criteria as they go.

Wonder how much the SEC and ESPN paid them.

Finally got to watch our game and horrible calls aside, that loss is squarely on Mike Bobo. This s**t was the reason why despite how well we have played at times this season Georgia fans have been going nuts about Bobo. We knew when he was appointed it was going to hamper us. He has had a lot of Kudos from media but we went 12-0 despite his play calling. Beck has been great in the passing game this year. You have Bowers, McConkey, Lovett, and Rosemy-JackSaint. THROW THE ******* BALL!!!!!!!!! The O-Line has been s**t all season and against a good defence he seemed to want to run the ball like we did with prime Chubb and Sony Michel. We carved Bama up when Carson was allowed to air the ball out but for some reason he wasn't allowed to. Mr bubble screen should be fired out of a cannon into the sun but Kirby will come out and defend him and we will have to put up with the same s**t next year except without Brock Bowers to bail him out.

Saying that, Kirby needs to take a tiny portion of the blame. Almost every big play for the opposition offence all season has been when they target Everette. Fans have been calling for him to be benched for weeks. Kirby refuses to and once again he gets torched.

Also, * Jermaine Burton. Absolute scum of the earth. campaigner should have been out of CFB last season when he punched a female Tennessee fan after the game.

I don't know how to share, but saw an interesting stat in the CFP Rankings if it took next seasons conference alignments into it.

1 Michigan - Big 10

2 Washington - Big 10

3 Texas - SEC

4 Alabama - SEC

5 Florida State - ACC

6 Georgia - SEC

7 Ohio State - Big 10

8 Oregon - Big 10

9 Missouri - SEC

10 Penn State - BIG 10

11 Ole Miss - SEC

12 Oklahoma - SEC

13 LSU - SEC

Florida State on their own

2 x Power conferences moving forward?

Last edited:
It moved to 2 power conference when the pac died. Well that was the death blow. It started when the SEC poached Texas and Oklahoma with the help of ESPN. Then Big10 and Fox responded with USC and UCLA. Both came out of nowhere. The death of the pac had been seen all off-season and official when everyone left in July. Big12 have tried but won't stay competitive with the SEC or Big10. ACC is only holding on u till FSU, Clemson and North Carolina find a way out of the GoR

Absolutely.

No way Michigan wants to be paid as much as bum ass schools such as Rutgers
They will stay happy for a bit. The funny thing is the teams that were struggling to compete at a high level have made it impossible to compete now with thr expansion of the Big10 and SEC. They just took the money to be even worse.

Before the final 4 was officially decided this morning, I ranked most likely to least likely...

Most likely - Michigan, Washington, Alabama, Texas
Next most likely - Michigan, Washington, Alabama, Georgia
Then - Alabama, Georgia, Missouri, LSU
and least likely - Michigan, Washington, Florida State, Texas

There was just no way the NCAA would leave out their darlings from the SEC.

In the past decade that was fair enough as the SEC was clearly the best conference in college football and sent undefeated powerhouse teams to the playoffs, but this year has been a down year for them overall which inflated the records of Georgia and Alabama beating up on terrible teams like Auburn (destroyed by New Mexico State) and Florida (pumped by a mediocre Pac 12 team in Utah).

I hope FSU beat Georgia easily. Committee will be left with a massive egg on their face should that happen.

They use the "QB being injured excuse". But that rule didn't seem to apply to Ohio State when they were down to their own 3rd string QB not too long ago. They just change the criteria as they go.

Wonder how much the SEC and ESPN paid them.
The CFP is ESPN. They've got the media rights deal

The ACC should look at merging with the Big 12.
The Big12 will likely take the leftovers with some going to the AAC.

Clemson, FSU, North Carolina and possibly NC State will go to the SEC. Duke might also go if they can get in on basketball.
Notre Dame will finally join the Big10 which is where they might take Stanford, Louisville and Duke might also go.

Big12 will take who they want the rest will have to go to the AAC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The CFP is ESPN. They've got the media rights deal
for one more year. next year the first round still hasnt got a TV deal done. I think ESPN have the bowls for a few more years.
But Fox, Amazon, NBC, Warner are all sniffing around a share of the on campus playoff games.

I don't know how to share, but saw an interesting stat in the CFP Rankings if it took next seasons conference alignments into it.

1 Michigan - Big 10

2 Washington - Big 10

3 Texas - SEC

4 Alabama - SEC

5 Florida State - ACC

6 Georgia - SEC

7 Ohio State - Big 10

8 Oregon - Big 10

9 Missouri - SEC

10 Penn State - BIG 10

11 Ole Miss - SEC

12 Oklahoma - SEC

13 LSU - SEC

Florida State on their own

2 x Power conferences moving forward?

Not quite, the agreement is 6 conference champs (but will be changed back to 5 with the pac 12 going). So Liberty would be in ahead of Oklahoma.

cfb-12-teams-FTR.png

But the CFP committee might try to avoid ranking non power conferences to keep them out - wouldn't shock me if they used that as an approach.

Those rankings would be different. They have shown in the past they don't want marquee matchups in the first round of the playoffs. There is no way they would have Penn State/tOSU in the first week. They would also try to work it to have Michigan/Ohio State as the final or the semi at the very least.

Those rankings would be different. They have shown in the past they don't want marquee matchups in the first round of the playoffs. There is no way they would have Penn State/tOSU in the first week. They would also try to work it to have Michigan/Ohio State as the final or the semi at the very least.
They would keep conference teams away from eachother if possible in the first round

Dirty Bird I guess the rumors were more wishful thinking.

I think the whole reason the rumours took off was because Chris Peterson was at the MWC CG in Broncos (coaching) attire, whereas he was just in street clothes for the Pac-12 CG.

Seemed fans were in the boat of 'the only acceptable outside hires are Peterson and Moore, if not either of them, it has to be Danielson'

Though, some vocal ex-players were heavy on the Choate bandwagon.

6 was my magic number. It would have been outstanding this season
16 with all 10 conference champs I think would be best for college football (Well, actually 12, with 10 conference champs. But I have to compromise)

Would someone rather be a backup at Alabama waiting for his time to start as a Junior

Or would he rather be a starter at Liberty

Get the same access to the CFP. It'd even out the talent a little more.

Even with NIL - Would a player get more starting for Ohio or being the 3rd stringer on Ohio State?

The Big12 will likely take the leftovers with some going to the AAC.

Clemson, FSU, North Carolina and possibly NC State will go to the SEC. Duke might also go if they can get in on basketball.
Notre Dame will finally join the Big10 which is where they might take Stanford, Louisville and Duke might also go.

Big12 will take who they want the rest will have to go to the AAC.
Ill go with this

BigTen/SEC to go for 24. (So 6 to the BigTen, 8 to the SEC)

BigTen to go: Stanford, Notre Dame, Duke, North Carolina, Kansas and Colorado
SEC to go: Clemson, Florida State, Miami (Fl), Oklahoma State, Louisville, Virginia Tech, Georgia Tech and NC State

This leaves the BigXII at 13 (Arizona, Arizona State, BYU, Utah, Kansas State, Iowa State, CIncinnati, Wwest Virginia, UCF, Texas Tech, TCU, Baylor, Houston)

They would expand to 24 too in the hope of being the #3 conference. But which 11 to go.

California, Boston College, Syracuse, Pittsburgh, Virginia, Wake Forest, SMU, Memphis, Washington State, Oregon State, Boise State

I don't think it'll happen. College ball has a funny way of bailing these corrupt pricks out - Georgia will beat FSU and vindicate the committee.

Might lead to a win considering it's not a NY6 bowl :p
Not like the Pac have been good at the sun bowl lately. on paper looks like a good game, but think DJ will opt out since he has entered the portal while he decided if he will enter the draft, but is also linked to playing at ND if he stays in college.

Ill go with this

BigTen/SEC to go for 24. (So 6 to the BigTen, 8 to the SEC)

BigTen to go: Stanford, Notre Dame, Duke, North Carolina, Kansas and Colorado
SEC to go: Clemson, Florida State, Miami (Fl), Oklahoma State, Louisville, Virginia Tech, Georgia Tech and NC State

This leaves the BigXII at 13 (Arizona, Arizona State, BYU, Utah, Kansas State, Iowa State, CIncinnati, Wwest Virginia, UCF, Texas Tech, TCU, Baylor, Houston)

They would expand to 24 too in the hope of being the #3 conference. But which 11 to go.

California, Boston College, Syracuse, Pittsburgh, Virginia, Wake Forest, SMU, Memphis, Washington State, Oregon State, Boise State
dont see Colorado moving from the Big12, Kansas leaving would hurt the Big12 basketball and given they just got Arizona.

There are rumors that the Big12 will rebrand soon, possibly even in the coming months.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back