Academy 2023 Next Generation Academy Draft Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing because he will be drafted in the top 40 regardless of the ruling?

North applied for the same concessions for Tassie as GC received for Darwin in their assistance package application last year, it was set aside for further review, GC received it in their second year application for AFL assistance.

As you said, it makes zero sense for other clubs to be upset about it.

McKercher is also in North's NGA.

Would be quite similar to when GC got Davies and Jeffrey prelisted them for nix.

I'm not anticipating this to happen, but I'm also unsure why clubs would be upset about the Sanders ruling if they didn't think there was other things in the works.

McKercher, Callinan and Sanders has been in North's NGA Tassie squads since u/12's FWIW.

Last edited:
North applied for the same concessions for Tassie as GC received for Darwin in their assistance package application last year, it was set aside for further review, GC received it in their second year application for AFL assistance.

As you said, it makes zero sense for other clubs to be upset about it.

McKercher is also in North's NGA.

Would be quite similar to when GC got Davies and Jeffrey prelisted them for nix.

I'm not anticipating this to happen, but I'm also unsure why clubs would be upset about the Sanders ruling if they didn't think there was other things in the works.

McKercher, Callinan and Sanders has been in North's NGA Tassie squads since u/12's FWIW.
If they change the rules to allow North unrestricted access to NGA players, then they have to do the same for West Coast who are in a worse position right now and will piss off every club even more by making the draft even more compromised.

At this stage it is just as likely is that they granted you access to him just to appease you knowing he would get drafted before the cut off and other clubs are complaining to make sure the AFL rules against giving the assistance.

If they change the rules to allow North unrestricted access to NGA players, then they have to do the same for West Coast who are in a worse position right now and will piss off every club even more by making the draft even more compromised.

At this stage it is just as likely is that they granted you access to him just to appease you knowing he would get drafted before the cut off and other clubs are complaining to make sure the AFL rules against giving the assistance.

It's not based off just this year though is it? It's based on that fact we have won 11 out of 70+ games over an extended period of time.

We would have qualified for multiple first round PP's under the older system already.

It's not based off just this year though is it? It's based on that fact we have won 11 out of 70+ games over an extended period of time.

We would have qualified for multiple first round PP's under the older system already.
The old system is just that, old. It's irrelevant to current system.

If you show sufficient improvement this year and show that you have enough talent on your list, it's less likely the AFL grant you extra concessions. Add in West Coast performing so much worse with less talent, it's harder to make a case for you get get more concessions. Gold Coast had the extra problem of no one wanting to stay and the AFL's want for expansion to succeed pushing their case for more help too.

The old system is just that, old. It's irrelevant to current system.

If you show sufficient improvement this year and show that you have enough talent on your list, it's less likely the AFL grant you extra concessions. Add in West Coast performing so much worse with less talent, it's harder to make a case for you get get more concessions. Gold Coast had the extra problem of no one wanting to stay and the AFL's want for expansion to succeed pushing their case for more help too.

We lost a #1 pick at the end of his first season and Ben McKay may likely leave at the end of the year also.

I'm not here to argue PP's, I'm purely stating what the rumours getting about Melbourne are at the moment regarding Sanders.

It makes no sense for other clubs to be unhappy about it, if there isn't something else going on.

We lost a #1 pick at the end of his first season and Ben McKay may likely leave at the end of the year also.

I'm not here to argue PP's, I'm purely stating what the rumours getting about Melbourne are at the moment regarding Sanders.

It makes no sense for other clubs to be unhappy about it, if there isn't something else going on.
The afl didn’t let the saints add Hugo hall-Kahn last year to their nga once they found out he was eligible. North lost pick one but have been compensated for it. You won’t get access to sanders. How would it make no sense if they change the rules for one club. You played in a prelim a couple of years ago. Saints won one final in 15 years. Your not going that badly

The afl didn’t let the saints add Hugo hall-Kahn last year to their nga once they found out he was eligible. North lost pick one but have been compensated for it. You won’t get access to sanders. How would it make no sense if they change the rules for one club. You played in a prelim a couple of years ago. Saints won one final in 15 years. Your not going that badly

Sanders has been in North's NGA academies since he was 10.

I don't think it's a case of North just discovering he was eligible.

Have you noticed the AFL doesn't have pre-season eligibility lists?

The problem, lies with them, they aren't changing rules, just making a ruling on his ancestry it seems. There's a difference.

Some reports that the AFL Ryley Sanders ruling is in, he is going to be eligible for North NGA and some clubs are furious about it.

I will let you read into what that means......
I’m still waiting for a genuine link.

Or is this just talk from the North board?

As in North are yet to make the request to the AFL.

It’s just like they were getting hunter Clark for nothing. Not gonna happen

Some reports that the AFL Ryley Sanders ruling is in, he is going to be eligible for North NGA and some clubs are furious about it.

I will let you read into what that means......
You keep posting this crapola but never, ever back it up with links or state where your supposed source of the reports came from.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As per Marc McGowan this morning.

NM expected to formally request the same deal given to GC as part of their monster assistance package. We won't be applying for a PP if approved.

Prelisting of our NGA prospects outside of the draft.

Meaning prelisting of Ryley Sanders and Jack Callinan.

NM expected to formally request the same deal given to GC as part of their monster assistance package. We won't be applying for a PP if approved.

Good luck.

Be very, very surprised if it gets up.

Edit: thought you were still trying to get Sanders recognised in the NGA academy for you guys

So has North actually put any work in to Sanders and Callinan.

Yes, have been in our camps, clinics and NGA games since u/12’s along with McKercher and Schoenmaker.

Sanders has been talking to a few of our welfare officers since he moved to Melbourne.
What a rort.
Is this a Competition or a communist give everyone a medallion day?

Yes, have been in our camps, clinics and NGA games since u/12’s along with McKercher and Schoenmaker.

Sanders has been talking to a few of our welfare officers since he moved to Melbourne.
I will personally give you 100 bucks if this happens. All year the media and your club has banged on about how good your kids are and how bright the future is. Why would they let you just take another top ten pick for nothing then when they gave you a chop out last year when you were worse

I will personally give you 100 bucks if this happens. All year the media and your club has banged on about how good your kids are and how bright the future is. Why would they let you just take another top ten pick for nothing then when they gave you a chop out last year when you were worse

No you won't, so stop making empty hero statements.

found one.

Looks like they're trying to get NGA approved first and the appeal to pre-list him outside draft as part of assistance package.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back