LIVE ON ESPN2/KAYO AT 12.15 PM ON 12/12: Green Bay at New York Giants

LIVE ON watchESPN AT 5:00 AM on 11/12: NFL RedZone

NB: VIC, NSW, TAS times
less 30 mins SA
less 1 hour QLD
less 1.5 hours NT
less 3 hours WA

Last edited:
Thats the last thing they should do. Fields absolutely sucks and needs to be replaced. Take the QB you like at pick 1.

See I disagree. You could have Mahomes and that OL you’d still suck. Give Fields some weapons

You haven't watched Fields if that's your opinion. He's a turnover machine who can't process quickly enough.

I have but honestly put any great QB in and it’s the same the OL and weapons are horrific. I’m not convinced on fields but can we give him weapons and then see?

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
If the Bears are trading Fields for "cheap" I hope the Steelers do it. Pickett does not inspire entertainment, at least Fields has that, plus still reckon he's a better passer, not a check down artist.

Reckon Tomlin's time is up with the Steelers too. Need a fresh perspective. Not a total overhaul needed, just a freshening up.

Thats the last thing they should do. Fields absolutely sucks and needs to be replaced. Take the QB you like at pick 1.
They will just take Williams and be in the same situation in a couple of years anyway.

Fields is going to turn into the rich man's Geno Smith if the Bears let him go. He's taken a bit longer than a lot do to develop, but unquestionably it's been hindered by a shitty O-line and no weapons, and there's been positive signs despite that.

I'm not that fussed on whether the Bears keep him, he'll win a starting job somewhere.

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers
If the Bears are trading Fields for "cheap" I hope the Steelers do it. Pickett does not inspire entertainment, at least Fields has that, plus still reckon he's a better passer, not a check down artist.

Reckon Tomlin's time is up with the Steelers too. Need a fresh perspective. Not a total overhaul needed, just a freshening up.

Hell start somewhere next year. Someone will think he can become a player still.

Reckon Falcons probably make the most sense if Arthur Smith is still there. Ill be raging for another season in fantasy about how the QB and coach cant get Pitts and London the god damn ball. :(

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers
I have but honestly put any great QB in and it’s the same the OL and weapons are horrific. I’m not convinced on fields but can we give him weapons and then see?

DJ Moore and Kmet are better than what a lot of teams have at WR1 and TE.

Fair call on the oline but a lot of his turnovers are just bonehead errors rather than bad protection.

DJ Moore and Kmet are better than what a lot of teams have at WR1 and TE.

Fair call on the oline but a lot of his turnovers are just bonehead errors rather than bad protection.

Just don’t see what a new QB will do, the OL is still awful

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They will likely have a second top 5 pick to address it if they so desire. Thats where you make the call to trade back, not at pick 1

Just feel you are back to square 1, if you gave the farm for fields let’s give him a system to work

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers
Just feel you are back to square 1, if you gave the farm for fields let’s give him a system to work

What other QB since being drafted has potentially been allowed to run thru 3 HCs and 3 GMs in 4 years? It's unheard of.

If it's a new GM and HC (as it should be) they won't be tying themselves to failed QB from two regimes ago. I highly doubt Ryan Poles (the current GM) will want to either if he's kept around.

LittleG

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Bears need to trade pick 1 for multiple first round picks.

Add at least 2x T & WR. Upgrade as many positions as you can, with the other early picks.

There can be decent G & C in FA but not T or WRs. Overhaul everything that you can.

I know the D won’t be great but fix the O first and then the D the following year.

LittleG

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
What other QB since being drafted has potentially been allowed to run thru 3 HCs and 3 GMs in 4 years? It's unheard of.

If it's a new GM and HC (as it should be) they won't be tying themselves to failed QB from two regimes ago. I highly doubt Ryan Poles (the current GM) will want to either if he's kept around.

Which is why they keep stuffing up.

A team really needs to focus on total team building and not unicorn searching.

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers
Which is why they keep stuffing up.

A team really needs to focus on total team building and not unicorn searching.

If you find the right QB the rest is easy. Fields will never win you a championship. Might never even get you to the playoffs. His rookie contract ends in 2 years. You'd be stupid to keep him around when you could potentially land a Stroud with 5 years left on a rookie deal.

Baker Mayfield?

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers
Baker Mayfield?

Dorsey drafted Baker and Berry took over when he left and he's still there. So that's only 2 GMs.

Think Hugh might have been fired before Baker started a game? So Kitchens and Stefanski would be two HCs. Would be 3 HCs though if you count Gregg Williams.

Close comparison though.

I will say Baker had showed a lot more than Fields has after year 3 though.

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers
They could also take a QB and top LT with the two first picks, without having to trade back. Or maybe trade their second first back and get a LT and WR from that. Use the rest of the draft to plug other positions here and there.

Lot of good interior lineman that can be had in the mid rounds of this draft.

I'd take QB at #1. Trade back at pick #5 coz they are missing their second round pick after trading it for Sweat. Plenty of good WRs in this class, target someone like Nabers (beast WR} in the first or a LT. Target WRs, a pass rusher, and at least two interior lineman in second, third, fourth and fifth rounds.

Their roster could be really good after next offseason.

Get an offensive head coach in, Ben Johnson might even be interested given their draft capital to work with. . Id fire Poles too but not sure they will.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back