Toast 2023 No Trades Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Not here yet, but very, very close.

I do have a question, since youse are out of trades- team complete

How many starters have you still got ?

Just had a look at mine and have 9 I started the year with, "how embarrassment" - curious is all.

I’ve got 6 or 8 if you count kentstable and Captain Madden.

Gibney is one of those 6.

I’ve got 6 or 8 if you count kentstable and Captain Madden.

Gibney is one of those 6.
Yeah been a stuffed up year, only thing I have going for me a lot of my PODS have stayed on the park, can't score but can't have everything.

I'm assuming those at pointy end would still have 12-14 ?

Just had a look at mine and have 9 I started the year with, "how embarrassment" - curious is all.
With one trade left, I'm at 13 (though two of those are loops/dead rooks and one is Campbell Chesser):
  • Dawson
  • Sheezel
  • Dunkley
  • Bont
  • Neale
  • Green
  • Marshall
  • Gulden
  • Taranto
  • Rozee
  • Constable
  • Chesser
  • Madden

With one trade left, I'm at 13 (though two of those are loops/dead rooks):
  • Dawson
  • Sheezel
  • Dunkley
  • Bont
  • Neale
  • Green
  • Marshall
  • Gulden
  • Taranto
  • Rozee
  • Constable
  • Chesser
  • Madden
The post above this, was close to being right then- 12-14 at pointy end.

This is best year I have had, totally stress free,(tanked from the start) doing nuts things just for the hell of it, (whilst hoping for one week my PODs to go off, running out of time, thought maybe this week but English happened- "i'm sure it will be fine-Cripps will outscore him."

Mine is pathetic lol

Dawson
Marshall
Dunkley
Rozee
Taranto
Bont

And then Constable + Madden
I also started Stewart but he was a roughie so not counting him. Missed on Sheezel round 1 and still have him now...

Mine is pathetic lol

Dawson
Marshall
Dunkley
Rozee
Taranto
Bont

And then Constable + Madden
I also started Stewart but he was a roughie so not counting him. Missed on Sheezel round 1 and still have him now...
I have similar

Witts
Dunkley
Rozee
Taranto
Bont
Cripps
Gulden
Owens
Cox + Gilbee

And ashamed to admit it, had a bad spell to start, watched Ryan in Praccy, so started the year with him, about 3 weeks later, hang on a minute Why has his name changed from Cox.-Should be Ryan from start, tried to piss Cox off, but kept having more pressing issues.

I have similar

Witts
Dunkley
Rozee
Taranto
Bont
Cripps
Gulden
Owens
Cox + Gilbee

And ashamed to admit it, had a bad spell to start, watched Ryan in Praccy, so started the year with him, about 3 weeks later, hang on a minute Why has his name changed from Cox.-Should be Ryan from start, tried to piss Cox off, but kept having more pressing issues.
Looking at that-5 out of 6 fwds I started, still have, would have been an excellent year if the other lines followed suit.

With Green missing a few, I reluctantly submit my earliest ever application to this fine, historical society.

1689309219698.png
1689309245227.png
Docherty in with his DPP means my 23rd premo can now cover all four lines. With Melican seemingly dead too, I have Jeremy Cameron, Chesser, Maric and Cuningham as my remaining cover for the rest of the season.

thelma and louise remix GIF

Last edited:
Well I resisted for a couple of weeks but I have no choice but to join this fine club.
Thought I would try a POD for my last trade and also use as much cash as I could afford.

1689321216560.png

Come on in! The water's fine. This club's about as popular as the cold showers I have been trying to convert family and friends to!

No trades and four keepers down. LLoyd, Dunkley, Green and Cameron. Wilmot, Johnson. Cincotta and possibly Maric to cover. On the plus side my team value is over 14 mill so I guess the good teams may be pushing 15.

On the plus side Johnson should get a full game with Serong out And Maxie may return to premium status, although it's his dropped marks which have been cruelling his scores this year.

Neale
Bont
Green
Taranto
Marshall
Dunkley
Gulden
Rozee
Wilmot, Cowan, Maddox as originals. Possibly Cincotta too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Green missing a few, I reluctantly submit my earliest ever application to this fine, historical society.

View attachment 1738088
View attachment 1738089
Docherty in with his DPP means my 23rd premo can now cover all four lines. With Melican seemingly dead too, I have Jeremy Cameron, Chesser, Maric and Cuningham as my remaining cover for the rest of the season.

thelma and louise remix GIF
Excited Season 6 GIF by The Office

9 starters
Dunkley
Ashcroft
Rozee
Laird
Taranto
English
Bont
Sheezel
Gulden

1 roughy
Stewart