Not open for further replies.
Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Banner-NRL-Join-Us-Wall.png

Welcome Back ! ..... It's that time of year again, time to start organising the BigFooty SuperCoach NRL League for 2023

How To JOIN IN:
Please enter the code above

All your NRL Discussion starts here now

Last edited:

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
Rounds 13, 16 & 19 are now 'best 13' with Origin affecting those rounds as well.

I think im done experimenting with different formations for my team. Obviously it will change a lot as the pre season moves along but i feel like 75% of it wont change. I'm comfortable with my bench now and while ideally i'd squeeze one more gun in there, im pretty happy with the starting lineup too.

I dont foresee many obstacles arising from TLT but if Garner is on the bench rather than starting on an edge, then i will probably want to find a replacement. E.Katoa is one ive looked at but there is a chance he is on the bench too. A lot can happen between now and TLT though!

Screen Shot 2023-01-25 at 10.59.40 am.png

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
think you've got the wrong cowboys CTW
View attachment 1598201
still a work in progress
Definitely considered Taulagi but I'm happy with Holmes at this stage.

Doueihi vs Burton is one ive been considering. I feel like Burton is potentially 'safer' but Douiehi has more upside. Your thoughts on that? Also, ive gone away from the Tigers cash cow forwards like Blore and Utoikamanu but it would seem you think they will get enough opportunity? I think Utoikamanu will get his chance but Blore may get very limited minutes to make an impact.

Definitely considered Taulagi but I'm happy with Holmes at this stage.

Doueihi vs Burton is one ive been considering. I feel like Burton is potentially 'safer' but Douiehi has more upside. Your thoughts on that? Also, ive gone away from the Tigers cash cow forwards like Blore and Utoikamanu but it would seem you think they will get enough opportunity? I think Utoikamanu will get his chance but Blore may get very limited minutes to make an impact.
Bloke is a placeholder at the moment.
Won’t be having him when the season starts.
Doueihi or Burton or is really a coin flip for me.
Haven’t really considered the draw yet.
Will eventually have a team that won’t have too many byes in the first month.

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
Bloke is a placeholder at the moment.
Won’t be having him when the season starts.
Doueihi or Burton or is really a coin flip for me.
Haven’t really considered the draw yet.
Will eventually have a team that won’t have too many byes in the first month.

The first month of byes are St.G, Manly, Penrith, Sydney. I have heaps of players from those teams currently. Im not sure if i should look to drop a player or 2 with the byes in mind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
Latest effort. Robson, Cotter, Taulagi to take advantage of the Cowboys favourable early draw. Smith/Welch/Hynes wont be leaving my team. Elliott, Tuilagi, Sloan and my Centre/wings are most likely to change. I just dumped Turbo. With their round 2 bye and the element of unknown given his injury, i am happy to leave him out. However, if he is picked at FB on TLT in all likelihood ill change my team to fit him in.

Im a fan of spending a lot of money on FrFs as i dont think anyone under Hetherington's price will play enough minutes to make money. I cant even see that many options up til about 400k so im happy to start Tohu/Cotter and Welch there. Hetherington probably comes off the bench but should still make some cash. Initially i strayed away from picking all these 200k CTWs but id rather them than a 200-250k FrF.

With Penrith's early bye, i considered dropping Cleary for a moment but decided against that - I assume balmainforever you are going without Cleary partially because of his early bye?

Rabbitohs have a tough draw to start the season so im not sold on Thompson and thats why ive gone against starting Latrell for the moment.

Bring on the pre season games i guess!

Screen Shot 2023-02-06 at 7.07.33 pm.png

Latest effort. Robson, Cotter, Taulagi to take advantage of the Cowboys favourable early draw. Smith/Welch/Hynes wont be leaving my team. Elliott, Tuilagi, Sloan and my Centre/wings are most likely to change. I just dumped Turbo. With their round 2 bye and the element of unknown given his injury, i am happy to leave him out. However, if he is picked at FB on TLT in all likelihood ill change my team to fit him in.

Im a fan of spending a lot of money on FrFs as i dont think anyone under Hetherington's price will play enough minutes to make money. I cant even see that many options up til about 400k so im happy to start Tohu/Cotter and Welch there. Hetherington probably comes off the bench but should still make some cash. Initially i strayed away from picking all these 200k CTWs but id rather them than a 200-250k FrF.

With Penrith's early bye, i considered dropping Cleary for a moment but decided against that - I assume balmainforever you are going without Cleary partially because of his early bye?

Rabbitohs have a tough draw to start the season so im not sold on Thompson and thats why ive gone against starting Latrell for the moment.

Bring on the pre season games i guess!
yeah. I’m tossing up every player who has the bye in the first 4 weeks
thinking no more than one from each club.
dragons Sloan
sea eagles turbo or schuster
panthers Cleary or garner
roosters teddy or cheese .

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
yeah. I’m tossing up every player who has the bye in the first 4 weeks
thinking no more than one from each club.
dragons Sloan
sea eagles turbo or schuster
panthers Cleary or garner
roosters teddy or cheese .
Makes sense. Im still set on Cheese and Teddy but i have thought about trying to limit my Manly and Penrith players. Sloan is my lone Dragon. As you can see from my team above, ive got 2 Sea Eagles and Cleary is my one Panther. I think im okay with that. I may trade Tuilagi though to make it 1-1-1-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back