Strategy 2023 Off Field Changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Going to reuse material from Twitter because of course I am.

Glad the change is being made, sure, but much more is needed and I find it uncomfortable that the implication is this one bloke is at fault for all of this. If that’s not the implication, what else are we meant to arrive at given he’s the only one that’s faced any sort of naming/shaming/action, and everyone else is vaguely “sharing the blame”.

Going to reuse material from Twitter because of course I am.

Glad the change is being made, sure, but much more is needed and I find it uncomfortable that the implication is this one bloke is at fault for all of this. If that’s not the implication, what else are we meant to arrive at given he’s the only one that’s faced any sort of naming/shaming/action, and everyone else is vaguely “sharing the blame”.

Thats where Fitsgumby let himself down yesterday with his half arsed "wishy washy" email, he should have come out with a plan of action.

BUT he didn't so he has gone from two weeks ago saying, "we won't win the spoon", to yesterdays admission of " the darkest day in the Clubs history " .... he looses " cred " by lacking consistency with his line of thinking that he puts out.

Of coarse, corrective actions and remedial strategies only become something that you can talk about IF you have in fact got a plan.

Sure he doesn't need to articulate every nuance, move and idea, however a bit of a reassuring indication would have been nice, that there is in fact a PLAN.

Because right at the moment, he is coming across as the Captain on a rudderless ship.

Not very encouraging given its his time on the ships bridge.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kofoed had to go, even if it was bad luck. However, agree with Schoey’s sentiment. There should be more senior individuals that take responsibility and the consequences.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Agree that it's not just all attributable to one person.

What is need is an external review of every facet of the Club.

It's obvious that when:

The AFL finished second bottom last year and are in line for the spoon this year.
The Beagles got the WAFL spoon last year.
The WAFL won the spoon two seasons ago and were lowly placed this season.

That there are some serious flawed fundamental issues that are inherent with in the Clubs current management structure, from a Football Operations perspective.

Hard to get change that in any organisation when the CEO does this every time the Board requests a review .... it's an Internal Review that he oversees .

download-7-1.jpg

Because a large part of an effective review is ensuring that the problem doesn't get too close to the review and has opportunity to circumvents what should be reported in the review.

That's the inference I'm getting. Would be interesting for that to be probed more.

One of these would help for starters:

ME-PENT__11215.1275612472.jpg

This will be the start of blaming everyone else and Simmo will keep getting his Million per year with no accountability.
You watch them all for, except the one that should first and foremost.
Kofeod should have been sacked last year. He has overseen years of mounting injury problems and has arguably ruined careers with his incompetence. Simmo's time will come, but if I had to choose, I'd rather we sorted the off field before the coach.

Single biggest issue we had to fix was player availability. S&C isn’t our only problem but injuries have exacerbated the other issues.

It’d be unfair to pin everything on Kofoed and judging by Schofield’s tweet he was popular with the players. He shouldn’t be the only one to go either

Ultimately I think whatever changes are made the perception will be that less senior people are being made the scapegoat until one (or both) of Nisbett or Simpson are moved on

The best chance for regeneration is for Nisbett to stand down

From what WCEPhil said a few weeks back this was already on the cards at the end of the year.

I think Schoeys a little pissed that we are using him as a scapegoat for the game on the weekend and the tone deaf messaging from the club that’s followed.

Can’t say I blame hin. It’s pretty unprofessional how we’ve handled it.

From what WCEPhil said a few weeks back this was already on the cards at the end of the year.

I think Schoeys a little pissed that we are using him as a scapegoat for the game on the weekend and the tone deaf messaging from the club that’s followed.

Can’t say I blame hin. It’s pretty unprofessional how we’ve handled it.
If youve seen how the club has.handled things the last few years its not a surprise

Remove this Banner Ad

Back