NFL 2023 - Off-Season Player Updates/Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Seahawks signed LB Uchenna Nwosu to a three-year, $59 million extension.

The deal includes $32 million in guaranteed money and comes after the veteran pass rusher accumulated a career high 66 tackles and 9.5 sacks in his first season with Seattle. The Seahawks bolster their pass rush moving forward as they look to take advantage of a declining NFC West division.

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports Cowboys RG Zack Martin did not report for the start of training camp.

Martin was a risk to hold out earlier this offseason after saying he was “woefully underpaid relative to the market for his position.” The 33-year-old, six-time All-Pro, certainly has a case to make as the eighth-highest-paid guard in the league. Martin is under contract with the Cowboys through 2024, meaning the team will need to either restructure his current deal or draw up an entirely new one if they hope to satisfy his demands.

NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reports Danielle Hunter has reported to Vikings training camp but that he isn’t expected to practice until “his situation gets resolved.”

Hunter skipped the Vikings’ mandatory minicamp earlier this offseason after being the subject of trade rumors earlier. The veteran pass rusher is also in search of a new extension, which he’s been hoping to secure dating back to last year. Hunter totaled 10.5 sacks and 12 TFLs for the Vikings in 2022 and was named to his third Pro Bowl. Because he reported to training camp, Hunter can’t be fined, but there are multiple ways he can stay off the field while he and the team figure out what to do next.

Head coach Todd Bowles said Tuesday that Tucker (cardiac) has been cleared for training camp, Jenna Laine of ESPN.com reports.

Tucker sat out the NFL Scouting Combine and Syracuse's main Pro Day due to a congenital heart condition, but despite the medical concerns, Tampa Bay signed him as an undrafted free agent at the end of April. The running back remained sidelined during offseason workouts, but the Buccaneers' brass seemed confident he'd be available for training camp. The 22-year-old will indeed be able to practice and play during the preseason and will look to carve out a role in an unproven backfield that includes Rachaad White, Chase Edmonds, Ke'Shawn Vaughn, Patrick Laird and fellow undrafted rookie Ronnie Brown.

grrr, should have probably posted most of that in the training camp thread not here, oh well, ill have to live with the guilt for the rest of my life.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More guilt, and go and get ****ed. I have too many fantasy shares in Rhamondre for this s**t...

Veteran RB Leonard Fournette has worked out for the Patriots, per sources.

Lombardi Lenny won a Super Bowl with Tom Brady in Tampa. Now Brady’s old team is taking a look. Fournette worked out for the Patriots last Spring before receiving a call from Tom Brady who eventually lured him to Tampa Bay for the 2022 season. New England has been rumored to be kicking the tires on Dalvin Cook so it appears they have legitimate interest in adding to their running back room. Any signing would deflate Rhamondre Stevenson's value.

Who was the previous high? Got a feeling it was Matt Ryan when the falcons kept kicking the can down the road and restructuring. Smart by the Chargers to pay a good portion up front this year since they can. Cheap contract once they get over the hump this year.

Who was the previous high? Got a feeling it was Matt Ryan when the falcons kept kicking the can down the road and restructuring. Smart by the Chargers to pay a good portion up front this year since they can. Cheap contract once they get over the hump this year.
Lamar Jackson is the $80M this year, Stafford and Wilson got $60m last season, Dak in 2021 got $75m

Lamar Jackson is the $80M this year, Stafford and Wilson got $60m last season, Dak in 2021 got $75m

Ok, record for the first year of a deal, I read the tweet wrong initially.

Ok, record for the first year of a deal, I read the tweet wrong initially.
Its both. unless somehow Rodgers deal doesnt get reworked and the Jets have to pay him $110m

Its both. unless somehow Rodgers deal doesnt get reworked and the Jets have to pay him $110m

Was sure Matt Ryan was on over 70m in his final year with the Falcons

his biggest year was 2018 with $52m.

Strange, I'm sure I was right. Maybe im getting it mixed up coz of the trade with the Colts, Atlanta might have paid a s**t tonne of dead money while the Colts paid his base. So 70m+ was spread out over two teams.

Strange, I'm sure I was right. Maybe im getting it mixed up coz of the trade with the Colts, Atlanta might have paid a s**t tonne of dead money while the Colts paid his base. So 70m+ was spread out over two teams.
yeah, but that money was already paid in stuff like signing bonus, just spread out over the contract and once you are traded becomes dead money.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back